Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Taking Apart the T809 to clean the dust out.

Phone
    Samsung T809
    Feedback Score

Taking Apart the T809

Of course do this at your own risk
    -Turn off your phone & take battery, SIM, TFlash, side covers off
    -With the battery out of place locate the 3 screws. Top side screw is for the bracket which holds down the side up and down cover.

-There are several clips that hold the bottom cover. What I used was a small flathead and went along the line. Do this soft or you can damage the clips.

-When you get the bottom panel exposed. Locate the screws(look at picture, it is in orange). Unscrew them.
    -There is some more clips holding the bottom panel. Again I used a flathead and pushed against the frame. Play with it until you can get the panel out.

-I flipped the panel and it should expose the keypad cover. Take it out of the way

-Slide the phone upward until the bottom screws for the face is visible. Unscrew that.
    -Slide the phone all the way out and get the 4 screws on the backside off. Top screws you have to pulled those covers off.

-Face plate came off by pulling it down gently. There are clips holding it as well.
    -Get the cover for the LCD's keys.
    -From there you should be able to clean and air out the dust. I used 150PSI air.

-I circled in where I think the dust is coming in from.
    -Be careful when sealing back up with the camera's ribbon cable. Make sure you loop it.

-I put RTV silicone where I thought the dust was coming from. Hopefully this will solve the dust problem. I will let you guys know the outcome in weeks to come.

There you go. I was pretty nervous but outcome was worth it for me.
    Good Luck!!!
    Last edited by Moderator HF 18; 01-14-2006 at 06:29 PM.

Phone
    iPhone 1st Gen 2.2
    Carrier
    * T * * *mobile*
    Feedback Score
    wow nice job, looks like open heart surgery, im not sure if i could do it! im hoping there is some how an easier, less invasive way to get rid of the dust. BRAVO on the successful operation, thanks for the info.

Phone
    Samsung T809
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by jonneepuh
    wow nice job, looks like open heart surgery, im not sure if i could do it! im hoping there is some how an easier, less invasive way to get rid of the dust. BRAVO on the successful operation, thanks for the info.
    I was hoping there would be another way also but there isn't. It's easy if you have the proper tools and very handy. I was terrified it wouldn't work afterwards but when I saw the light come on....sigh of relief. If you do try and get stuck shoot me a PM.

Phone
    iPhone 1st Gen 2.2
    Carrier
    * T * * *mobile*
    Feedback Score
    about how long did it take you to complete everything? from dismantle to reassemble?

Phone
    Samsung T809
    Feedback Score
    It took about hour and a half. And thats with me stopping and taking pictures.

Phones
    G1, MDA(broken), Wing
    Sony Ericsson W600, w810i, W960i
    Samsung e715, T809, D900
    Carrier
    T-Mobile
    Feedback Score
    i'm not even attempting to do that, if the problem even arises that is.

Phones
    iPhone 5s
    iPhone 5s
    Carrier
    aio
    Feedback Score
    Nice work!

Feedback Score
    Yup, these are exactly the processes. I was planning on putting it up on my website, but my tech friend said don't do it (I guess he's told people how to disassemble their iPods and PDAs and when they break them they scream at him).

It is TOO complicated, but if people have dust in the future I know a guy who will clean the device (insured) for around $15 plus shipping.

Awesome pictures!

Phone
    Samsung Captivate, Samsung Mythic
    Carrier
    at&t (formerly Cingular)
    Feedback Score
    It's basically the same as the D415's instructions to replace the faceplate posted on DayDeal.com.

Samsung D415 D418 D410 Faceplate Installation Instructions

It takes a lot of patience to do it and not mess up. I've taken apart my S307, X427, E715, D415, someone else's E105 and taken the faceplate off of my V206 so I know how nervous it can make you if you've never taken anything like this apart.
    If you feel that you have to correct some of my posts for my capitalization of some of my words, then just bear with it. It's just a discussion forum where some may be limited by time to answer in well-versed and eloquent sentences.

I already got a PHD (Plain High School Diploma) so ignore my style of writing and I'll ignore your ignorance.

Subject: You can read this-trust me!

I cdnuolt blveiee taht I cluod aulaclty uesdnatnrd waht I was rdgnieg. The phaonmneal pweor of the hmuan mnid. Aoccdrnig to a rscheearch at Cmabrigde Uinervtisy, it deosn't mttaer in waht oredr the ltteers in a wrod are, the olny iprmoatnt tihng is taht the frist and lsat ltteer be in the rghit pclae. The rset can be a taotl mses and you can sitll raed it wouthit a porbelm.
    Tihs is bcuseae the huamn mnid deos not raed ervey lteter by istlef, but the wrod as a wlohe. Amzanig huh? yaeh and I awlyas thought slpeling was ipmorantt!

When asked if I see the glass half empty or half full, I responded I see just a glass of water.
    Now you know how I think.

Phone
    Samsung T809
    Feedback Score
    It was worth the time and effort. I wished someone would have did it first besides myself. Then I would know what to look for. But it's okay also, it was a boring day at work anyhow. I hope the info here is clear enough to follow and understand. Thanks guys.

Phones
    Samsung T809
    Samsung E105
    Samsung S105
    Carrier
    Tmobile
    Feedback Score
    i do not believe it is right to buy a phone that is $250+ that requires you taking it apart (voiding the warrenty) to solve a problem that should never have come aobut

Phone
    Samsung Captivate, Samsung Mythic
    Carrier
    at&t (formerly Cingular)
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by |Cleric|
    i do not believe it is right to buy a phone that is $250+ that requires you taking it apart (voiding the warrenty) to solve a problem that should never have come aobut
    Tell that to all the Motorola SEEM Editors as they void their phones doing that as well and they don't care. Yes the manufacturer should have tested and found this flaw in the design, but not everything can be found out until it actually goes to the consumer and into real world use.

Sounds like Microsoft and their half-baked OS realeases and their Service Packs follow-ups.

Phone
    T-Mobile Dash
    Carrier
    T-Mobile
    Feedback Score
    Great pictures.

Phone
    iPhone 1st Gen 2.2
    Carrier
    * T * * *mobile*
    Feedback Score
    how will they ever know you opened it?

Phones
    Samsung E730 (I love this baby! Pure sexiness!! ^_^ )
    Motorola v66i (got into a car accident. LCD screen did not survive)
    Motorola V400 (stolen)
    Carrier
    TSTT (it's still a monopoly here)
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by jonneepuh
    how will they ever know you opened it?
    By checking this site for starters?

Nice pictures BTW. Can't see myself being brave enough to open up any phone but considering my current one has now been reduced to paperweight status , perhaps I'll give it a whirl one day.

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast