Thread: Caller ID shows someone else's name?

Phone
    Motorola Droid, Palm Centro
    Carrier
    Page Plus
    Feedback Score

Caller ID shows someone else's name?

Hmm, well this may sound kind of odd, but here goes.

I signed up with T-Mobile a couple of days ago (T-Mobile to Go, actually), activated and got a new number. My service so far has been fine.

It was just brought to my attention by a friend, however, that my number shows up on their caller ID, but with someone else's name. Now this just puzzles me.

Previously I was with US Cellular and the Caller ID just showed "US Cellular" along with my number.

T-Mobile doesn't have my name on record, so I'm not expecting to see that, but it can be awfully confusing when I call somone and they see someone else's name. Is there anything I can do?

Phones
    G1
    SE K790a
    SE K750i
    Carrier
    ·T···Mobile·
    Feedback Score
    Call up prepaid customer care. 1 877 778 2106 and see if they can change it for you. It's probably left over from the previous user of the phone number
    HAY GUYZ, MY 42ND POST WAS 3 YEARS AGO

Phones
    HTC Tilt
    Blackberry 8700g
    W800i (Bought the 1st Retail W800i in LAX / OC Area. Unbranded / Unlocked)
    Carrier
    T-mobile (US)
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Phroz86

It was just brought to my attention by a friend, however, that my number shows up on their caller ID, but with someone else's name. Now this just puzzles me.
    their caller id on what ?

cell phone or land line??
    -- superfire

Phone
    Carrier
    Page Plus
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by superfire
    cell phone or land line??
    Landline.

Frog, thanks I'll give it a try.

Phone
    Carrier
    Page Plus
    Feedback Score
    OK, calling them up worked. The lady filled out a form and said that the name should be removed within 24-48 hours.

It was an interesting experience though. That was the first time I got through to support from any company without ever being put on hold.

Phone
    Sony Ericsson TM506 Emerald
    Carrier
    T-Mobile
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Phroz86
    That was the first time I got through to support from any company without ever being put on hold.
    Welcome to T-mobile

Phone
    Carrier
    Page Plus
    Feedback Score
    Forgive me for bumping this semi-old thread now, but I didn't see it fit to start a new one.

So I waited two days for the caller ID to be reset, and then waited two more and it still wasn't done. So I called them back up, and they had no record of the request (??) so they filled out another form and I was told it'd be 24-48 hours again.

Well, it's been another week, and it still hasn't been cleared... how difficult can this be? I feel like calling again is a lost cause.

Phones
    Samsung D415 & S105
    Sony Ericsson T610
    Motorola 2282 (Powertel branded back-up phone)
    Carriers
    T-Mobile
    Feedback Score
    The problem is that T-Mobile contracts out the caller ID services. The form they filled out must be filled out correctly by the rep, sent and recieved, and then processed correctly by a rep at the caller ID company. Unfortunately this leaves the door wide open for errors. I usually have to call twice whenever I have to get this done for a customer. Hopefully this time you will have better luck

Phone
    Sony Ericsson TM506 Emerald
    Carrier
    T-Mobile
    Feedback Score
    Also, even if we update it correctly in our callerid database, the landline company you are calling may not have updated theirs yet, so it is still showing the old name.
    Previous T-Mobile Customer Care Representative

"This job would be great if it wasn't for the ****ing customers" - Randal Graves

"and life is pointless, but what's so wrong with that?" - Stephan Jenkins

" 'Just say no' prevents teenage pregnancy the way 'Have a nice day' cures chronic depression - Faye Wattleton

Speed results from my USB Tethered TM506"

I LOVE 3G!!!