Thread: How Do i know if i Still have Warranty on my phone?

Carrier
    T-mobile
    Feedback Score

How Do i know if i Still have Warranty on my phone?

How can i figure out if my phone still has the manufacture's warranty or not? Can i just call verizon and just ask them? I bought my v710 phone used, and i'm wondering if i call them and tell them the Mess ups it has like scratching the front screen, having alot of Dust inside the camera lens and i've never opened up the case, the front screen is wiggly, etc. Has anyone else had these problems? i'm wondering what they can do about it.
    Last edited by tran2000; 01-16-2006 at 12:40 AM.

Phones
    Treo 700w (mine)
    Motorola Razr (hers)
    LG 9800 (Kid1)
    Carrier
    Verizon
    Feedback Score
    If you bought your phone used you probably have no warranty through Verizon.

-Roger

Carrier
    T-mobile
    Feedback Score
    i've read that some people were able to return there phone even though they did not buy it directly from verizon, my charging piece on the bottom of the phone alot of time does not charge.

Phones
    LG-8100
    LG-6000
    Samsung A530 (gold baby!)
    Carrier
    Verizon Wireless
    Feedback Score
    Per our warranty guidelines, we can require (although it may not *always* happen) a copy of the receipt showing the original purchase of the handset through a direct Verizon Wireless retailer as a "new" handset.

If you bought the phone "used" it has no warranty, same as a phone purchased off Ebay.
    All the bells, whistles, fancy phones, and rollover don't matter a whit if you can't make calls in the first place - "It's the Network" that matters!

Carrier
    T-mobile
    Feedback Score
    so what do you think my best advice is? Is there nothing i can do about it or what? I was hoping i could call verizon customer service and see if they could do anything about it.

Phones
    LG-8100
    LG-6000
    Carrier
    Verizon Wireless
    Feedback Score
    Customer service will also check the activation history of the ESN and match it up with purchase activity, so Customer Service wouldn't be the way to go either.

Really your best options are insurance (if you have it), or contact the manufacturer of the phone and see what they can do for you.

Carrier
    Verizon Wireless
    Feedback Score
    add verizon's $1.99 monthly warranty to your phone plan and your good to go....went to store wanted $50 to fix my v710....called customer service they added the 1.99 warrantly plan for me....didnt cost me a dime to get it fixed(other then the 1.99 month)

Phones
    LG-8100
    LG-6000
    Carrier
    Verizon Wireless
    Feedback Score
    All that the $1.99 Extended Warranty covers is months 13-24 on a phone *eligible* for warranty coverage - it basically just "adds on" the second year of warranty coverage. So, instead of having to pay the $50 warranty replacement fee in year 2, it would be no charge.

But again, you have to have proof of purchase/purchase history in order for VZW to even consider the phone for a warranty replacement in the first place. This would not be an option. And, in addition, the last time I looked the extended warranty could only be added within the first 15 days of a new phone purchase, similar to insurance. I'll double check the next day I work.

Feedback Score
    hello!

the extended warranty for $1.99 can be added anytime within the first year of purchasing the phone. can't be added after year one because the phone is then out of warranty and there's nothing to extend! haha!