Page 3 of 12 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 LastLast

Thread: How to enable MPT's Multimedia Studio for your V325 **Enable Ringtones**

Device(s)
    Personal - Too Many.. see link in my signature
    Carrier(s)
    Personal - Verizon Wireless (CDMA) |
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by dequardo
    I did get the Multimedia Studio icon active so I knew the seem change 'took' but...
    Keep in mind... the MultiMedia Studio icon showing in MPT is NOT related to the 041A/6A/Bit0 edit.

You can still manually config MPT for a V323M without doing the seem edit, and MultiMedia icon will be displayed. It wont work, but it will be displayed.

So the MMS icon showing is not a good indicator that the seem edit "stuck"

The only definate way to verify the seem edit stuck... go thru the seem edit process again, reading from phone, and check the offset/bit...
    Verizon Wireless Customer Council Member
    Verizon PHONE Hacking Info & How To's click -> HERE, <-- If you have suggestions PM me
    Need Help? PLEASE POST IN THE FORUMS instead of PM'ing me!!
    Read -> An Open Letter to those who PM me for help!

New to forums? -> Posting and you! <-a MUST Watch for all!!

Equipment I Have/USE click here, Phone Labs Dock-N-Talk...

Device(s)
    ST iPhone 5 ATT ST BYOP SIM
    Carrier(s)
    Straight Talk MVNO
    Feedback Score
    Good point. I should have clarified that I did check the seem change to make sure it 'took'. It had but I still had problems in MPT that were only resolved by a couple of reboots. Still not sure why.

Device(s)
    LG Dare
    Carrier(s)
    Verizon
    Feedback Score
    I've been reading this post with interest and I'm about to dive in and give it a try. But I have one question before I do, although I am interested in adding pix and ring tones to the phone, I am more interested in REMOVING some of the factory set pictures and tones. Can these be deleted/removed using MPT's MMS? Any help is appreciated. Thanks.

Device(s)
    Carrier(s)
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Goliath
    ...I am more interested in REMOVING some of the factory set pictures and tones. Can these be deleted/removed using MPT's MMS? Any help is appreciated. Thanks.
    No. MPT can not touch the "factory" or "Built in" ring tones, pictures, etc...

You must use "hacking" tools... like BitPim or P2KCommander... and other "tricks" to remove the built in stuff.

To me, the process of removing the "built in" stuff has too many risks and not enough rewards to mess with it.

Device(s)
    Moto Droid
    Carrier(s)
    VZW
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Mark_Venture
    Looks ok, just try something for me...

Double check your seem edits "took"

Launch PST, let it "install the 4 devices" then fire up P2KSeem for V710 and read your 041a seem from the phone... double check offset 6A bit 0.. make sure the "box is checked"

I've seen many cases where it appears the seem edit was saved to the phone, but really it was NOT..
    Mark, I've double check and the seem edit did take. I've even reinstalled MPT, but I'm still having problem with the link breaking. I can transfer pic from PC to phone, but not phone to PC, same goes with ringtones.

I don't know why I can't get it to work with the V325, I followed your guide on the V710 & E815, it worked like a charm, but not the V325 even though the seem edits took, I've even went as far as getting a geniune Motorola USB cable, but still a no go with the phone.

I just wish this phone is BT capable, then I can bypass MPT altogether, I'm beginning to hate MPT.

Device(s)
    Carrier(s)
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by tightwad
    Mark, I've double check and the seem edit did take. I've even reinstalled MPT, but I'm still having problem with the link breaking. I can transfer pic from PC to phone, but not phone to PC, same goes with ringtones.
    Hmm.. MPT V4? if so then the latest driver tool ran, so thats out....

Not sure what to suggest other than the "make sure you're not using a USB hub"

Lastly see if you can use BitPim to copy from the phone to the PC...

Then I'm out of ideas...

Device(s)
    Moto Droid
    Carrier(s)
    VZW
    Feedback Score
    Hmm.. MPT V4? if so then the latest driver tool ran, so thats out....

Not sure what to suggest other than the "make sure you're not using a USB hub"

Lastly see if you can use BitPim to copy from the phone to the PC...

Then I'm out of ideas...
    I am not using a USB hub and connected directly to the USB port on my laptop. It really doesn't make sense that it worked with the V710 & E815, but not the V325, not sure if the VZW UI have anything to do with it or there is some kind of hidden driver conflict since I do have the V710 & E815 drivers already installed onto my laptop.

I have never used BitPim before (really never need to). I will need to go to your site and study up on it before I do anything. Mark, thanks for taking the time with me.

Device(s)
    LG Dare
    Carrier(s)
    Verizon
    Feedback Score
    No. MPT can not touch the "factory" or "Built in" ring tones, pictures, etc...

You must use "hacking" tools... like BitPim or P2KCommander... and other "tricks" to remove the built in stuff.

To me, the process of removing the "built in" stuff has too many risks and not enough rewards to mess with it.
    Thanks for the info Mark. Going to your site to see what I can do. Keep up the good work!

Feedback Score

Worked great for me

Thanks for the info! I wasted hours and hours trying to get MPT to work. After finding this info I had new tones and wallpaper in less than an hour. Thanks!
    By the way... Can I upload games?

Device(s)
    Carrier(s)
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by doctord
    ...By the way... Can I upload games?
    No you can't. Verizon phones use BREW which is locked to the phone's hardware...

So unless you pay for the Brew Developers kit, write your own game/app, the only way to get them is to use Get-It-Now.

Feedback Score
    So far I've used info I found on these forums to enable mp3 ringtones and the vibe then ring function. I also used p2kcommander to customize the gif displayed on the outside lcd when the phone is flipped open. I have 2 of these phones with the 09 firmware and have yet to experience any of the problems mentioned by other users. I'd love to see what else can be exploited on this handset.

Feedback Score
    I seem to be having the same problems as tightwad - I can do the seem edit and get pst to work, but MPT wont browse the picture or audio area. p2kcommander and p2kman dont' see anything either. I just want to move pictures over... is even possible to attach more than 1 picture to a pix message?

I am using SP1 - could this be an issue?
    Last edited by babaostyle; 02-13-2006 at 01:39 AM.

Device(s)
    Moto Droid
    Carrier(s)
    VZW
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by babaostyle
    I am using SP1 - could this be an issue?
    I don't think SP1 is the issue, I'm on SP2 with the same issue.

sexetan, can you post what you did to get yours to work? TIA.

I have not had time to explore BitPim yet, but I'd like to see how others get theirs to work before I break something else.

Feedback Score
    Try using drivertool.exe found on mark's website and reinstalling the phone drivers using the ones supplied with PST 7.2.3. Before I installed and ran PST, MPT refused to work for me. Once I did that though, I haven't had any problems with the connection.

Feedback Score
    I reinstalled everything and have gotten p2kCommander to work for removing pictures, sounds, etc.

I haven't tried MPT because I don't really care at this point. I was also able to delete all the locked pictures, etc.

I used Bitpim to change the photo on the outside of the phone when talking, as well.

Page 3 of 12 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 LastLast