Page 2 of 10 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 LastLast
Results 16 to 30 of 146

Thread: Getting "New" Media Net and Cingular Java programs on unbranded Motorola phones

  1. #16
    Join Date
    May 2002
    Location
    New Sanfrakota
    Posts
    13,112
    Device(s)
    iPhone 5
    Carrier(s)
    Solavei
    Feedback Score
    0
    xlr8, I have the same exact certificates. Have you tried installing the Mobile Email java program that Cingular has? I downloaded it twice to my phone and both times it says: "Authorisation Failed: Application Not Installed"

    There must be something else we need to get it working, something that Cingular flexes have. I don't have the interopera cert. that dkhomdds is talking about.
    Last edited by bobolito; 01-20-2006 at 04:33 PM.
    I DON'T HAVE A SIGNATURE....SORRY

  2. #17
    Join Date
    Feb 2004
    Location
    Atlanta, Georgia, USA
    Posts
    1,924
    Device(s)
    Primary GSM: Motorola V3xx
    Carrier(s)
    Cingular GSM Nation 450 with GAIT access, FastForward, Rollover, and MEdia Works w/unlimited WIX
    Feedback Score
    0
    OK - grabbed the ROOT_CERTS file from a Cingular V600 flex and loaded it into my V635. I now have that 'interopera' certificate. When I attempt to download/install either mobile e-mail or mobile IM, I get a 502 Page Cannot Be Found error. Maybe MEdia Net is having problems right now.
    Tutorial- Customize Your Moto: http://xlr8.us/hofo/ | Moto Seem Hack Map: http://xlr8.us/hofo/map.txt
    Look at all my pretty pictures (and movies)... http://xlr8.us/moblog/
    Boards I Read: Motorola Main, Motorola Modding, Cingular (If you need my help, post in the appropriate one.)
    Quote Originally Posted by troyboy30
    he's a seem edit GOD! Good work X.

  3. #18
    Join Date
    Feb 2004
    Location
    Atlanta, Georgia, USA
    Posts
    1,924
    Device(s)
    Primary GSM: Motorola V3xx
    Carrier(s)
    Cingular GSM Nation 450 with GAIT access, FastForward, Rollover, and MEdia Works w/unlimited WIX
    Feedback Score
    0
    Root certs file attached.
    Attached Files Attached Files

  4. #19
    Join Date
    Jun 2004
    Location
    In a white padded room
    Posts
    605
    Carrier(s)
    AT&T (GSM)
    Feedback Score
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by xlr8
    OK - grabbed the ROOT_CERTS file from a Cingular V600 flex and loaded it into my V635. I now have that 'interopera' certificate. When I attempt to download/install either mobile e-mail or mobile IM, I get a 502 Page Cannot Be Found error. Maybe MEdia Net is having problems right now.

    Ok! I got my phone to trick it to a v551, now I get the "New" media net page!!!

    I am also having the Auth Fail etc... thing after I try to get the "Java Email" program....Does anyone have a v551 to see if the program works on a real v551....Perhaps it has something to do on the Java end and not the browser end, since it was downloaded as a .jar file, and then fail to load....

    Also I have been comparing my 0032_0001 seem from my v635 and v600 with the P2K Advanced Editor. There are a few if not alot of different settings that deal with the browser between the two........

  5. #20
    Join Date
    Jul 2003
    Location
    AZ
    Posts
    6,693
    Device(s)
    BB 9630 Tour
    Carrier(s)
    Boost
    Feedback Score
    0
    thanks for this info i will do it monday and see whatsup. i've been trying to get the v635 to download crap forever from mediamall.

  6. #21
    Join Date
    May 2002
    Location
    New Sanfrakota
    Posts
    13,112
    Device(s)
    iPhone 5
    Carrier(s)
    Solavei
    Feedback Score
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by xlr8
    OK - grabbed the ROOT_CERTS file from a Cingular V600 flex and loaded it into my V635. I now have that 'interopera' certificate. When I attempt to download/install either mobile e-mail or mobile IM, I get a 502 Page Cannot Be Found error. Maybe MEdia Net is having problems right now.
    It appears the download of Mobile Email is very sensitive to any difference in your phone. They have all kinds of security features to make sure only the right phones download it. So an error message saying the Page Cannot Be Found doesn't really mean that. I used to get that message sometimes before installing the certs. Some other times I would get the "File not Found" message.

    Another thing is that the link they send you in the browser message has a code in the end that expires. If you wait too long (I think 48 hours) then you can't download it and gives you some stupid error message. Always make sure you get a new link from the web site before trying to download it.

    UPDATE: I uploaded the ROOT_CERTS to my phone and now I have the interopera certificate. Tried to download/install Mobile Email and the same thing happened. It downloaded successfully but it could not install due to "Authorisation Error". Yes, it says "Authorisation" instead of "Authorization" because my flex is European and speaks British. The funny thing I noticed is that the expiration date of the interopera certificate is 7/31/06. So it only has a few months to live!
    Last edited by bobolito; 01-21-2006 at 01:04 AM.

  7. #22
    Join Date
    Jun 2004
    Location
    In a white padded room
    Posts
    605
    Carrier(s)
    AT&T (GSM)
    Feedback Score
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by bobolito
    It appears the download of Mobile Email is very sensitive to any difference in your phone. They have all kinds of security features to make sure only the right phones download it. So an error message saying the Page Cannot Be Found doesn't really mean that. I used to get that message sometimes before installing the certs. Some other times I would get the "File not Found" message.

    Another thing is that the link they send you in the browser message has a code in the end that expires. If you wait too long (I think 48 hours) then you can't download it and gives you some stupid error message. Always make sure you get a new link from the web site before trying to download it.

    UPDATE: I uploaded the ROOT_CERTS to my phone and now I have the interopera certificate. Tried to download/install Mobile Email and the same thing happened. It downloaded successfully but it could not install due to "Authorisation Error". Yes, it says "Authorisation" instead of "Authorization" because my flex is European and speaks British. The funny thing I noticed is that the expiration date of the interopera certificate is 7/31/06. So it only has a few months to live!
    Can you guy tell me if you have this on your phones

    Seem 0032_0001
    offset 36 bit 4 -> on
    offset 4d bit 5 -> on
    offset 4d bit 6 -> on
    offset 56 bit 0 -> on
    offset 58 bit 4 -> off
    offset 5c bit 7 -> off
    offset 5E bit 0 -> on
    offset 6D bit 7 -> on
    offset 80 bit 1 -> on
    offset 80 bit 5 -> on

    I am trying to see if any of these or a combonation of these can help.....

    Also did you guy notice that I think after you hit the d/l button it will ask you to "install" something from Cingular LLC.... (I think that may be a new certificate) I have not been able to delete the certificates from my kjava folder since I not a home again. But perhaps its tryin to load a new cert 1st then it d/l's the java program.......So if you have time to confirm this before I get home again....try to delete the cingular certs from kjava and d/l the apps again from cingular.....

    also have you guys been getting alot of "Data Server not Available" errors???

    thanks
    Last edited by dkhomdds; 01-21-2006 at 07:21 AM.

  8. #23
    Join Date
    Feb 2004
    Location
    Atlanta, Georgia, USA
    Posts
    1,924
    Device(s)
    Primary GSM: Motorola V3xx
    Carrier(s)
    Cingular GSM Nation 450 with GAIT access, FastForward, Rollover, and MEdia Works w/unlimited WIX
    Feedback Score
    0
    36/4: off
    4D/5: on
    4D/6: on
    56/0: off
    58/4: off
    5C/7: off
    5E/0: off
    6D/7: off
    80/1: off
    80/5: off

  9. #24
    Join Date
    Jun 2004
    Location
    In a white padded room
    Posts
    605
    Carrier(s)
    AT&T (GSM)
    Feedback Score
    0

    Just wondering if anyone out there has

    Just wondering if anyone out there has the 3 Cingular Cert Files and the Root_cert file from a Cingular branded V551.........

    Maybe its in there???

  10. #25
    Join Date
    Feb 2004
    Location
    Atlanta, Georgia, USA
    Posts
    1,924
    Device(s)
    Primary GSM: Motorola V3xx
    Carrier(s)
    Cingular GSM Nation 450 with GAIT access, FastForward, Rollover, and MEdia Works w/unlimited WIX
    Feedback Score
    0
    The three cingular certs I posted above are from a V551, Cingular branded. The root_certs file I had to pull out of a V600 flex I had. I will try to get a V551 root_certs file, but I would expect it is exactly the same as the V600 one.

  11. #26
    Join Date
    Oct 2003
    Location
    Terra Prime
    Posts
    290
    Device(s)
    iPhone 6+ 128GB Gold
    Carrier(s)
    310-410 (voice & data)
    Feedback Score
    0
    xlr8: You have made my lame mMode look cool again! Thank you!
    Current GSM Phones on AT&T:
    Nokia 6310i, Nokia 3390b, Nokia 5190, Nokia 3650, Ericsson T68m, Motorola P280, Nokia 6340i, Motorola V600, Motorola V66, Nokia 6200, Nokia 6010 (x2), Nokia 6620, Motorola V635, Nokia 6230b, Motorola V551, Motorola V3 (x5), LG G4015 (x2), Motorola V180, HTC Wizard, Motorola L7, Nokia 6101, Samsung V205, Samsung E315, HTC Kaiser, Motorola V3xx, Samsung i607 (given to a friend), Nokia 6555b, Apple iPhone 3G 8GB (wife & mom), HTC Raphael, Nokia E71-2

  12. #27
    Join Date
    Jun 2004
    Location
    In a white padded room
    Posts
    605
    Carrier(s)
    AT&T (GSM)
    Feedback Score
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by xlr8
    The three cingular certs I posted above are from a V551, Cingular branded. The root_certs file I had to pull out of a V600 flex I had. I will try to get a V551 root_certs file, but I would expect it is exactly the same as the V600 one.
    Great if you can get the Root_cert file from a v551 perhaps that may help (a long shot, but hey who knows)....

    I have tried to play around with turn on/off many of the combonations of the seems I was refering to and none of them help ... I got them from P2K Advance Editor, and they did not show up on your map.txt...Where did they get there info from???

  13. #28
    Join Date
    Jul 2002
    Location
    NYC
    Posts
    906
    Device(s)
    iPhone 6S
    Carrier(s)
    Verizon
    Feedback Score
    0
    Has anyone been able to get the Mobile Email program to install ?

  14. #29
    Join Date
    Jul 2003
    Location
    AZ
    Posts
    6,693
    Device(s)
    BB 9630 Tour
    Carrier(s)
    Boost
    Feedback Score
    0
    i'm having this same problem with an unbranded nokia 6230. i even copied and installed app's from a cingular branded 6230 and they still won't run.

  15. #30
    Join Date
    May 2002
    Location
    New Sanfrakota
    Posts
    13,112
    Device(s)
    iPhone 5
    Carrier(s)
    Solavei
    Feedback Score
    0
    dkhomdds, here's what I have in those offsets you asked in my V635, same exact configuration as xlr8:

    36/4: off
    4D/5: on
    4D/6: on
    56/0: off
    58/4: off
    5C/7: off
    5E/0: off
    6D/7: off
    80/1: off
    80/5: off

Page 2 of 10 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 LastLast

Bookmarks