Page 3 of 10 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 LastLast

Thread: Getting "New" Media Net and Cingular Java programs on unbranded Motorola phones

Carrier(s)
    AT&T (GSM)
    Feedback Score
    So far I have not been able to load up the email or im program....same error. I have tried with and without the cert files and different seems on and off. All with no luck with the load of those 2 programs....

I was able to get "Ringtones" and Wallpaper without a hitch....I think this has something to do with the Java side of things, b/c it will download to the phone and just error while loading....

Device(s)
    Primary GSM: Motorola V3xx
    Carrier(s)
    Cingular GSM Nation 450 with GAIT access, FastForward, Rollover, and MEdia Works w/unlimited WIX
    Feedback Score
    Hrm... so I went to MEdia Net today, tried again. Complete success! No error when trying to load the page (like before), JAR downloaded, installed perfectly. This was Mobile IM. I went back and tried Mobile E-Mail. Worked fine! I have my phone identified as a V551 with the Cingular 'kjava' security certifs installed along with the root_certs file from a cingular flex.
    Tutorial- Customize Your Moto: http://xlr8.us/hofo/ | Moto Seem Hack Map: http://xlr8.us/hofo/map.txt
    Look at all my pretty pictures (and movies)... http://xlr8.us/moblog/
    Boards I Read: Motorola Main, Motorola Modding, Cingular (If you need my help, post in the appropriate one.)
    Quote Originally Posted by troyboy30
    he's a seem edit GOD! Good work X.

Carrier(s)
    AT&T (GSM)
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by xlr8
    Hrm... so I went to MEdia Net today, tried again. Complete success! No error when trying to load the page (like before), JAR downloaded, installed perfectly. This was Mobile IM. I went back and tried Mobile E-Mail. Worked fine! I have my phone identified as a V551 with the Cingular 'kjava' security certifs installed along with the root_certs file from a cingular flex.
    did you get the root file from a cingular v551??? if so please post....

thanks...

Device(s)
    BB 9630 Tour
    Carrier(s)
    Boost
    Feedback Score
    yea xlr8 can you post your exact files so we have one place to get the files?

Device(s)
    Carrier(s)
    Cingular GSM Nation 450 with GAIT access, FastForward, Rollover, and MEdia Works w/unlimited WIX
    Feedback Score
    Same root_certs file I was using before - from V600. And all the files are attached to previous posts in this thread.

Carrier(s)
    AT&T (GSM)
    Feedback Score
    Wirelessly posted (moto v600/.4AR/cingular flex: MOT-V551/08.48.90R MIB/2.2.1 Profile/MIDP-2.0 Configuration/CLDC-1.0 UP.Link/6.3.0.0.0)

Same root_certs file I was using before - from V600. And all the files are attached to previous posts in this thread.
    did u change anything eles? i used all files posted and still a no go 4 me

Device(s)
    Carrier(s)
    Feedback Score
    Didn't change a thing. Before, I couldn't even get to the download page because of a 502 error or whatever. Cingular apparently fixed that, and once I downloaded it, it installed just fine.

Device(s)
    iPhone 6S
    Carrier(s)
    Verizon
    Feedback Score
    I used all the files posted and changed my 635 to v551 (seem) and I still won't install. It downloads fine but gives an "authentification" error when trying to install.

Didn't change a thing. Before, I couldn't even get to the download page because of a 502 error or whatever. Cingular apparently fixed that, and once I downloaded it, it installed just fine.

Carrier(s)
    AT&T (GSM)
    Feedback Score
    What Flex are you running on your V635?
    Can you post or send me your 0032_0001 and 0117_0001 seems. I would like to compare it with what I have with P2KAE and see if you have things that are different from the one I have.....

I'm using Yagers MP for my v635 and still getting the Auth Error...Can't install.....
    Last edited by dkhomdds; 01-25-2006 at 07:46 PM.

Device(s)
    Carrier(s)
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by dkhomdds
    What Flex are you running on your V635?
    Can you post or send me your 0032_0001 and 0117_0001 seems. I would like to compare it with what I have with P2KAE and see if you have things that are different from the one I have.....

I'm using Yagers MP for my v635 and still getting the Auth Error...Can't install.....
    Versions: R474_G_08.48.90R_01 / SE5163AXXU1106
    Attached Files Attached Files

Device(s)
    the phones that I haven't used would be a much shorter list!
    Carrier(s)
    <><
    Feedback Score
    7 (100%)
    lemme just throw this out there for some weirdness. My stock (mostly) V620 sees the new medianet page. My V635 however, does not. Go figure.

Carrier(s)
    AT&T (GSM)
    Feedback Score
    Versions: R474_G_08.48.90R_01 / SE5163AXXU1106
    Turned on and off some stuff that were different in my 0032 seem from yagers mp and still no luck

Bobolito what flex are you running on your v635??? are you still unable to d/l the IM and Email java programs???

Device(s)
    Nokia N85-3
    Carrier(s)
    The New AT&T formally Cingular
    Feedback Score
    I figured out a way to get at least Mobile IM working on my V635. I have a friend who has a V3, and he downloaded the application, I then used P2Kman and MotoKit to eplore and download the .jar file for Mobile IM. Since I didn't have my Data cable for my V635, I uploaded it from my computer to a website, and then navigated to that website with my v635 and downloaded it and intalled without a hitch. However, when running the app it would not connect to the net. After searching the web sessions folder, I found one that was named 'Java Sessions' which had setting other than cingular, so I changed the settings to cingular settings and restarted the phone and it all works fine. I assume this would work with the e-mail program, but why would anyone want to use that, it doesn't even support attachments? Hope this is helpful! Oh I have my 0017 seem to show a V3 and I see the new Media net as well. (I do not have any of the cingular certificates installed)

Device(s)
    iPhone 5
    Carrier(s)
    Solavei
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by dkhomdds
    Turned on and off some stuff that were different in my 0032 seem from yagers mp and still no luck

Bobolito what flex are you running on your v635??? are you still unable to d/l the IM and Email java programs???
    My Flex: SE5188AXXP10E6

I got the Mobile IM working a long time ago. Someone had posted the JAR file here and I just sent it to my phone via cable and it installed just fine. I didn't have those certificates back then. The problem is the Mobile Email program. That's the one I can never get to work. It downloads fine but then it won't install.
    I DON'T HAVE A SIGNATURE....SORRY

Device(s)
    Nokia N85-3
    Carrier(s)
    The New AT&T formally Cingular
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by bobolito
    My Flex: SE5188AXXP10E6

I got the Mobile IM working a long time ago. Someone had posted the JAR file here and I just sent it to my phone via cable and it installed just fine. I didn't have those certificates back then. The problem is the Mobile Email program. That's the one I can never get to work. It downloads fine but then it won't install.

I searched for the mobile im jar file for a while, found no hits. Guess I need a lesson in searching, or maybe a bit of luck. Is the E-mail program better than the built in client in the phone? Do you have the .jar file for the e-mail?

Page 3 of 10 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 LastLast