Page 4 of 10 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 LastLast

Thread: Getting "New" Media Net and Cingular Java programs on unbranded Motorola phones

Device(s)
    Apple iPhone 5
    Carrier(s)
    VZW
    Feedback Score
    Lots of great info in this thread. Thanks for the research (and common sense fumbling around of the phone file structure)

I tried downloading the Multiplayer WPT Holdem game from Cingular with my Unbranded V3, and needless to say I got the "Authorization Error" before I could even download the JAR file.

I got pointed to this thread, and after reading I installed not only the 3 Cingular certs posted, but the ROOT_CERTS file that was posted. I checked and changed the attributes to 4, rebooted the phone and I still cannot get the application installed. The file will now download (100K each try, eating up my monthly alotment of KB's!) but as it goes to "Installing" it gives me the same error "Authorization Error. Application not installed." I even tried clearing the history, cache, and cookies. I have verified in [Settings ->Security->Cert Management->Root Certs] that I have two Cingular Certs listed (With padlock icons by them) and the Interopera cert. I also have a USIllinois cert with a lock by it as well.

I checked my 0117 seem, and the phone type is set to V 3.

Another MEdianet problem I'm having is that my phone tries to display the new MEdianet page, but it says "Sorry. MEdianet is experiencing technicial difficulties. Please try again later. Error: 1005" I still can't figure this one out (This might not be related. I stuck the SIM in my mothers Cing branded V3 and I still get the same error.)

Device(s)
    Primary GSM: Motorola V3xx
    Carrier(s)
    Cingular GSM Nation 450 with GAIT access, FastForward, Rollover, and MEdia Works w/unlimited WIX
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by bobolito
    My Flex: SE5188AXXP10E6

I got the Mobile IM working a long time ago. Someone had posted the JAR file here and I just sent it to my phone via cable and it installed just fine. I didn't have those certificates back then. The problem is the Mobile Email program. That's the one I can never get to work. It downloads fine but then it won't install.
    I don't know why I'm able to get these two apps to install and no one else can. That's so odd. In any case, here's a zip of the jad/jar for mobile e-mail. Maybe this will get it working for you.

http://xlr8.us/hofo/mobileemail.zip
    Tutorial- Customize Your Moto: http://xlr8.us/hofo/ | Moto Seem Hack Map: http://xlr8.us/hofo/map.txt
    Look at all my pretty pictures (and movies)... http://xlr8.us/moblog/
    Boards I Read: Motorola Main, Motorola Modding, Cingular (If you need my help, post in the appropriate one.)
    Quote Originally Posted by troyboy30
    he's a seem edit GOD! Good work X.

Carrier(s)
    AT&T (GSM)
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by xlr8
    I don't know why I'm able to get these two apps to install and no one else can. That's so odd. In any case, here's a zip of the jad/jar for mobile e-mail. Maybe this will get it working for you.

http://xlr8.us/hofo/mobileemail.zip
    Do happen to have the mobile IM java to??? I can't seem to find the one the other poster was talking about in the past on hofo.....

Yeah for some reason I'm still unable to D/L the two files....I have not attempted to purchase any other applications from Cingular to see if they are also failing to "Install". Maybe we need to be "Provisioned" by cingular????? I remember seeing somewhere on there site about blocking this feature.......

Device(s)
    Carrier(s)
    Cingular GSM Nation 450 with GAIT access, FastForward, Rollover, and MEdia Works w/unlimited WIX
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by dkhomdds
    Do happen to have the mobile IM java to??? I can't seem to find the one the other poster was talking about in the past on hofo.....

Yeah for some reason I'm still unable to D/L the two files....I have not attempted to purchase any other applications from Cingular to see if they are also failing to "Install". Maybe we need to be "Provisioned" by cingular????? I remember seeing somewhere on there site about blocking this feature.......
    Sure. http://xlr8.us/hofo/mobileim.zip

I've included the .pat file in here, which I think contains a app-specific security certificate in it. That might be why it crashes so often if you don't install through the Cingular site.

Device(s)
    iPhone 6S
    Carrier(s)
    Verizon
    Feedback Score
    What folder does the .pat file go in ????

I tried installing the MobileEmail you posted with PKTools, it shows up in the Java programs, but when I try ti install it, I get an "Application Error"

I've included the .pat file in here, which I think contains a app-specific security certificate in it. That might be why it crashes so often if you don't install through the Cingular site.
    Last edited by IlKevinlI; 01-29-2006 at 05:08 PM.

Carrier(s)
    AT&T (GSM)
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by IlKevinlI
    What folder does the .pat file go in ????

I tried installing the MobileEmail you posted with PKTools, it shows up in the Java programs, but when I try ti install it, I get an "Application Error"

Try using Midway 2.8

Carrier(s)
    AT&T (GSM)
    Feedback Score

Thank you.....

Did you also change the Seems to reflect a v551's Flash and Flex's???? not just the model# in 0117_0001??? Also was your cingular account setup with a V551 as your phone??? Still trying to figure out while you are the only one to get this working....

Device(s)
    Palm Pre, HTC EVO 4G
    Carrier(s)
    Sprint
    Feedback Score
    Wouldn't we want the V635 to identify with Cingular as an E1? With a Transflash the E1 would fit better. Every flexing guide I've ever seen has said do not use the triplets software ever at all. I'd like ot try and edit seems but I'm not quite brave enough yet :/

Carrier(s)
    AT&T (GSM)
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by cingular_hitman
    Wouldn't we want the V635 to identify with Cingular as an E1? With a Transflash the E1 would fit better. Every flexing guide I've ever seen has said do not use the triplets software ever at all. I'd like ot try and edit seems but I'm not quite brave enough yet :/

You'll need to read a bit more I think. We are not using a triplets software here......Just jump right into seem editing it. Your not a true modder untill you "Brick" yourself a phone for the 1st time!!!

Device(s)
    Carrier(s)
    Feedback Score
    You'll need to read a bit more I think. We are not using a triplets software here......Just jump right into seem editing it. Your not a true modder untill you "Brick" yourself a phone for the 1st time!!!
    I guess I'm not a true modder... I've never bricked a phone.

Device(s)
    Carrier(s)
    Feedback Score
    Thank you.....

Did you also change the Seems to reflect a v551's Flash and Flex's???? not just the model# in 0117_0001??? Also was your cingular account setup with a V551 as your phone??? Still trying to figure out while you are the only one to get this working....
    Did not change seems to a V551 flash/flex. Simply updated 0117_0001 and installed the root_certs and the kjava certs. My account at Cingular was setup with V551 as my GSM phone. My 'default' phone is my Nokia 6340i for GAIT access so I can have the ESN in there to get TDMA/analog coverage. I don't know why it works for me and no one else.

OK... a thought. And this might be it. I'm a lazy guy. When I upgraded to the V635, I didn't reinstall my java apps because of all the hassle of getting new activation codes for each of the apps I paid for. I just copied the entire kjava folder over from my V551 and it worked just fine. Then I reinstalled the MP3 player, and it still worked after giving it appropriate permissions (in the pat file). Try tossing this file into your kjava directory. Maybe it'll work. It seems to have some Cingular-ish stuff embedded in it.

I have a good feeling this is the key. Let me know how it turns out. You will probably be able to download and install direct from MEdia Net this way.
    Attached Files Attached Files

Carrier(s)
    AT&T (GSM)
    Feedback Score
    Wirelessly posted (moto v600/.4AR/cingular flex: MOT-V551/08.48.90R MIB/2.2.1 Profile/MIDP-2.0 Configuration/CLDC-1.0 UP.Link/6.3.0.0.0)

Thank you.....

Did not change seems to a V551 flash/flex. Simply updated 0117_0001 and installed the root_certs and the kjava certs. My account at Cingular was setup with V551 as my GSM phone. My 'default' phone is my Nokia 6340i for GAIT access so I can have the ESN in there to get TDMA/analog coverage. I don't know why it works for me and no one else.

OK... a thought. And this might be it. I'm a lazy guy. When I upgraded to the V635, I didn't reinstall my java apps because of all the hassle of getting new activation codes for each of the apps I paid for. I just copied the entire kjava folder over from my V551 and it worked just fine. Then I reinstalled the MP3 player, and it still worked after giving it appropriate permissions (in the pat file). Try tossing this file into your kjava directory. Maybe it'll work. It seems to have some Cingular-ish stuff embedded in it.

I have a good feeling this is the key. Let me know how it turns out. You will probably be able to download and install direct from MEdia Net this way.
    Yes installed the file and now I can d/l from medianet and install the im and mail java apps on a v635 (Thinks its a V551). Thanks! No problems now!!!
    Last edited by dkhomdds; 01-31-2006 at 09:07 AM.

Device(s)
    Apple iPhone 5
    Carrier(s)
    VZW
    Feedback Score
    Bingo! That's it. Installed that file in my KJava, set the attribute to 4, rebooted and downloads now work!

Awesome!

Device(s)
    Carrier(s)
    Feedback Score
    Well, that appears to be it. Apparently you need to do the following, although some might be overkill, but it won't hurt to do them all:
    Set 0117 seem to identify as a phone Cingular supports (V3 or V551 or whatever)
    Upload 'cingular branded' root_certs file, set attrib to 4
    Upload missing 'cingular branded' kjava certs, set attrib to 4
    Upload 'cingular branded' j2me_domain_registry, set attrib to 4

With this, you'll have an unbranded phone but with access to branded games, ringtones, apps, etc.

Device(s)
    iPhone 5
    Carrier(s)
    Solavei
    Feedback Score
    What do I do with the pat files?

Anyway, this is definitely an award winning thread! It qualifies for the Cingular FAQ forum. After placing the j2me_domain_registry file in the kjava folder I downloaded MobileEmail and it installed with no problems. Thanks xlr8!
    Last edited by bobolito; 02-02-2006 at 11:01 AM.
    I DON'T HAVE A SIGNATURE....SORRY

Page 4 of 10 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 LastLast