Page 5 of 10 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 LastLast

Thread: Getting "New" Media Net and Cingular Java programs on unbranded Motorola phones

Device(s)
    Primary GSM: Motorola V3xx
    Carrier(s)
    Cingular GSM Nation 450 with GAIT access, FastForward, Rollover, and MEdia Works w/unlimited WIX
    Feedback Score
    Well, since it installs properly, you won't need the pat files b/c they'll be created properly on install. The pat files contain another Cingular security certificate specific to the app, and also allow for "Full Access" to GPRS network, messaging, etc that you need in order to use the apps properly.
    Tutorial- Customize Your Moto: http://xlr8.us/hofo/ | Moto Seem Hack Map: http://xlr8.us/hofo/map.txt
    Look at all my pretty pictures (and movies)... http://xlr8.us/moblog/
    Boards I Read: Motorola Main, Motorola Modding, Cingular (If you need my help, post in the appropriate one.)
    Quote Originally Posted by troyboy30
    he's a seem edit GOD! Good work X.

Device(s)
    BB 9630 Tour
    Carrier(s)
    Boost
    Feedback Score
    Question:

I edited 0117 with notepad and changed it from V635 to V551. I couldn't find a way to do this with the bits and whatnot, maybe you can help me if I did this wrong?

Also when I logged in I got new media net, but it says mobile IM and mobile email are not supported on my phone. Is that because I edited the 0117 wrong?

Device(s)
    Carrier(s)
    Cingular GSM Nation 450 with GAIT access, FastForward, Rollover, and MEdia Works w/unlimited WIX
    Feedback Score
    Probably so. You should use a hex editor to modify the 0117 seem.

Device(s)
    BB 9630 Tour
    Carrier(s)
    Boost
    Feedback Score
    can you tell me how? i used it, but all the offsets are numbers not relating to the v635 except the FF on the last 10 or so. I went through this thread and your map but saw nothing about it. Sorry just learned how to hex a few weeks ago.

Device(s)
    BB 9630 Tour
    Carrier(s)
    Boost
    Feedback Score
    actually you know looking on the far right, i see it says V 5 5 1 just like i edited in text pad. how should it look if i put in V3? or maybe you can upload your 0117

Device(s)
    BB 9630 Tour
    Carrier(s)
    Boost
    Feedback Score
    yep thats it. in pkman it shows device ???/.? <a>

can anyone be so nice as to upload their 0117? i didn't save a backup

Device(s)
    Carrier(s)
    Feedback Score
    See attached.
    Attached Files Attached Files

Device(s)
    BB 9630 Tour
    Carrier(s)
    Boost
    Feedback Score
    thank you. when you gonna learn how to work on nokia? i need to do this to my 6230 :P

Device(s)
    Carrier(s)
    Feedback Score
    I'm all moto through and through. No nokia. Sorry! The only nokia I own is the 6340i for GAIT access.

Carrier(s)
    AT&T (GSM)
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by xlr8
    I'm all moto through and through. No nokia. Sorry! The only nokia I own is the 6340i for GAIT access.
    hey do you guys think we may have stumbled onto something here??? If we just figured that there are Security Cert Files, Root_Files, and the java permission files that is needed to run a couple of "Cingular Branded" Java apps.

What do you think about applying some of this know how to get lightplayer to work on a V635 that thinks its an "E1" or "Rokr" with all of the Cert files and stuff like that??? I am still going to listen to my mp3's via the sound menu, but perhaps this might be a better visual for us...

Anyone up to trying to get this going??? I may be reaching but??? hey who knows???
    Last edited by dkhomdds; 02-03-2006 at 10:43 PM.

Device(s)
    Carrier(s)
    Feedback Score
    Is lightplayer a Cingular app?

Carrier(s)
    AT&T (GSM)
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by xlr8
    Is lightplayer a Cingular app?
    I do not think so, but people are also having problems installing it and running it on a v635. "Application Errors".....

Carrier(s)
    VMUSA
    Feedback Score
    this thread is awesome, I just enabled AIM on my [email protected] because of you guys.

edit: am I not supposed to show up as a mobile device when using this java app ? Im a little confused. Oh well I guess I should be grateful for the workaround anyway.
    Last edited by t.d; 02-21-2006 at 03:34 AM.

Device(s)
    Apple I-Phone 3G S
    Carrier(s)
    at&t
    Feedback Score
    I guess it's too much to ask to just be able to backup my v3 cingular java apps and shoot em straight to the v3i! Or just copy the entire java folder over for that matter! lol Knew id have to mess with them dern security certs! X, clear your sched, you may be getting taken out to lunch finnally!

Originally Posted by Cory949 A Lexus IS is a very nice Toyota Corolla and a Acura Integra is a very nice Honda Civic. Buy what you like! This is America!

Device(s)
    Apple I-Phone 3G S
    Carrier(s)
    at&t
    Feedback Score
    Well I finnally gave up on the v3i. Set everything up correctly including phone identity as a V3, media net continued to tell me the apps where not available for my phone model. I even tried installing them with my file backups and they would run but had no carrier info....lost my DAP for a while also, but thats back so i'm done! I really liked the mobile email but it aint that important. X if you feel like giving it a shot gimme a call. You can help us with a new list of recommended gain table settings for the v3i while we at it, the old ones are wayyyy off! Bout time I put you to work! lol

Page 5 of 10 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 LastLast