Thread: Can I have two SIM cards with the same number? - is this considered SIM cloning??

Feedback Score

Can I have two SIM cards with the same number? - is this considered SIM cloning??

I'd like to have 2 fones that have service from the same #...I can always take the SIM out of my treo and pop it into my old nokia cell fone

I was wondering what would happen if i got a second SIM card activated at my local store by asking for a new one for my current #...

if I always kept one card out of the fone (or the fone off) would I encounter any errors as far as getting voicemail to pick up because one fone is off and the other is on? is this even possible to do or is my only option to keep switching my current SIM back and forth between the two fones??

Funny story to follow in case your bored and interested in why i'd like the two fones for the same #

I got a large hard case for my treo, and it makes it bulkier than heck, its like having a thick, hard wallet in your front pocket instead of a candybar like my old nokia...
    I'm at the bar the other nite and was dancing with this girl that i had been talking to for most of the nite, and it was so annoying to have my wallet front left and my fone front right, it was so bulky and akward to be feeling the impression of my treo against my leg instead of the impression of her...ya know...assets and whatnot - and then the end of the nite came about and i was visiting NYC for the weekend and i had to catch a train back ot my buddies apt and didnt think id be able to find my way home in the morning if i stayed at the bar while the others left - so i ask the girl for her number, and at this point im feelin pretty good about life and the booze had been flyin all nite...so i take my fone out the pocket to take down her # into my treo...and as it is even when im sober i have a hard time flipping the front of the case open, i have to push a little tab and give the cover a solid tug in order to get it to pop open....so im attempting this in the middle of a crowded, dimly lit bar in the center of the dance floor and after two quick attempts i realized that i am having a wicked hard time getting the friggin case open to access the keys...so i immediately begin to panic and try even harder now and end up looking like a fool as the fone slips outta my hand and drops to the floor (thank god for the hard case at this point) and i pick it up and on the way back up i knock the drink out of her hand...it was a flippin nightmare..

anyways i never got her dang # and i left the bar with the boys, tail between the legs, and then got made fun of all day on sunday for the disaster and blown opportunity that my fone caused

i love my treo but as far as the bar scene goes, i've never had that much of a problem with my tiny old nokia

Feedback Score
    I don't think you will get any luck trying, whenever you request a new sim card the ICCID (sim number) gets updated on your account, making your first sim card not work at all.

Device(s)
    iPhone 3G 8GB
    Carrier(s)
    at&t
    Feedback Score
    kiko is rite once a new sim is activated it auto disables the old one
    b4 u say that is stupid think about it from a diff perspective u get mugged fone stolen
    not a big deal get new phone new sim but ur old one still works and the mugger is out there running up ur bill now it makes a lil more sense just so everyone knows im not wishing that anyone get mugged
    Dont't complain about my spelling and grammar, and I won't complain about how bad your mom is in bed!!

It's Easier To Ask For Forgivness Than Permission!!

Device(s)
    iPhone 6
    Carrier(s)
    Verizon Prepaid
    Feedback Score
    You can only do that by moving to Austria. And you have to give up Cingular and use T-Mobile. T-Mobile Austria offer that and can be used up to 3 different devices.

Device(s)
    Nokia E71
    Carrier(s)
    AT&T
    Feedback Score
    or you can google this and find some devices that are sold along with a blank generic sim and you it will burn your # onto the sim and you are able to have 2 sims with the same #. You just better never have both devices on at the same time. I am not advicating this, I'm just sharing info.
    Get push email on almost any phone emoze.com. To download directly to your phone visit m.emoze.com .

On Twitter at:
    @JebBrilliant
    @emozepuhemail

Device(s)
    Blackberry Curve
    Carrier(s)
    At&t
    Feedback Score
    ive seen someone else post this before and it was closed bc its considered cloning and cloning sims is illegal. y dnt u get a prepaid card wit like 5 bucks on it and put it in ur treo, and then have ur orig sim in ur nokia. get her number on ur nokia, bang her, then switch sims. its ez.

I like my government like I like my women, without Bush.

AIM: ZaiN XXL 69

HoFo Feedback [+5, -0]

Ebay Feedback [+30, -0]

Phones ][ have used:
    Motorola: v400, v635, v3 RAZR (black), MpX 220, i930, e815, v3x
    Samsung: X427
    Nokia: 3300, 6682, 8801
    HTC: SDA,

I reached my 500th post on 9/30/06 at 6:19 AM PST

For Sale:

Device(s)
    iPhone 5
    Carrier(s)
    Solavei
    Feedback Score
    Cingular or any other US carrier will NOT do this. If you do the SIM cloning yourself, you'd be asking for trouble. The system doesn't know how to deal with two identical SIM cards in two different phones at the same time, so you never know what could happen. One thing is certain, you could not have two phones like that powered on at the same time. Just move the SIM from one phone to the other as recommended.
    I DON'T HAVE A SIGNATURE....SORRY

Device(s)
    iPhone 5 VZW, iPhone 5 AT&T, iPad Mini AT&T, iPad 3 VZW. All with their own unlimited data plans.
    Carrier(s)
    Whoreizon Wireless™
    Feedback Score

Device(s)
    Nokia E71
    Carrier(s)
    AT&T
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by The Mac Ace
    v2 sims cannot be cloned as of yet i believe
    Let us know when they can be. I'm kinda interested in it.

Device(s)
    iPhone 5 VZW, iPhone 5 AT&T, iPad Mini AT&T, iPad 3 VZW. All with their own unlimited data plans.
    Carrier(s)
    Whoreizon Wireless™
    Feedback Score
    believe me, i'd be all over it as soon as its possible.

Device(s)
    Dell Streak; Samsung Captivate
    Feedback Score
    whats a v2 sim? 64k? 3G?

Device(s)
    iPhone 5
    Carrier(s)
    Solavei
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Mrkrman_1
    Let us know when they can be. I'm kinda interested in it.
    Also, let me know when someone posts how to clone those SIM cards so I can have the banning button ready.