Thread: Can you reactivate, a Virgin Mobile phones?

Phones
    iPhone 3GS
    Nexus One
    Carrier
    T-Mobile
    Feedback Score

Can you reactivate, a Virgin Mobile phones?

I was wondering if you can reactivate Virgin Mobile phones and how long does it take for a number to be cancelled. I believe I have a used Virgin Mobile phone that is still active but want to see if there is any way i could reactivate it..Any help?

Phones
    LG Vu CU920
    Motorola RAZR V3xx (backup)
    Carrier
    AT&T
    Feedback Score
    If it's still active, then you'd have to call customer service and ask to have that account cancelled, and then call back and reactivate the phone or do it online or whatever. The number would be cancelled immediately. Or if you just want the number changed, you can call them and ask for a number change.

If the phone isn't still active, then if it's been within 90 days I think you can just top up and it will reactivate. If it's been longer then your number will be turned off and you will have to reactivate it.

Carriers
    Virgin Mobile USA
    Feedback Score
    If you can still log in to the web site, you should still be able to reactivate the phone by topping up. If you can't log in to the web site anymore, that's a sign that the number has been re-assigned and you'll need to open a new account.

Phone
    2 cans and a string
    Carrier
    Campbell's Chicken Noodle
    Feedback Score
    What do you mean by reactivating a phone? Do you want to add minutes and keep the number or do you want a new number altogether?

VM phones stays active 90 days from the last time you topped off. After 90 days you still retain the same number for another 90 days, but you have to top off to reactivate the phone. After a total of 180 days from the last time you topped off, you may have to get a new number if you were to reactivate the phone.

If you want a new number, call customer service and have them cancel (deactivate) the line or ask them to give you a new number, depending what you want to do. To deactivate the phone at any time, call them up and ask them to do so, but you will need the VKEY to prove ownership. Once a phone is deactivated, you can then reactivate it online or through customer service.

The exception to the 90 day active period is if you have the "1 year number perserver".

Phones
    Motorla Rizr Z3
    Audiovox 8915VM
    Motorola V60i (Retired For Now)
    Carriers
    T-Mobile
    Cingular (Retired)
    Feedback Score
    im glad someone asked this question.......
    i have the kyocera Party Animal......
    the problem is that i locked it up and forgot the code.....
    is there any way of unlocking it or have i just locked the hpone up and should forget about it???

PM me for Gmail Invites

If anyone sees any PN-215 or 8915 Non-OEM Housings, Please PM me with the complete info.
    Thanks

Feedback Score
    If it's not the last 4 digits of the cell # or 0000, and you can't remember it. I think your your screwed. Sorry. I know of 1 way for audiovox, but have never heard of anything for kyocera.

Hmm... I haven't been asked that yet of the slider sonic. Think I'll have to check that out.

Phones
    iPhone 5 16GB
    iPhone 5 32GB (wife)
    Carrier
    AT&T
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Robkzr1
    VM phones stays active 90 days from the last time you topped off. After 90 days you still retain the same number for another 90 days, but you have to top off to reactivate the phone. After a total of 180 days from the last time you topped off, you may have to get a new number if you were to reactivate the phone.
    The VM USA website says that your phone is deactivated 150 days after your last top-up:
    http://www.virginmobileusa.com/help/...egoryId=22#323

Do you know that they've changed this, and that the info on the website is wrong?

Phone
    Samsung A157
    Carrier
    LycaMobile
    Feedback Score
    According to their current Terms of Use:
    Account Status
    From the day you Top-Up and for 90 days after, your Minute2Minute or Day2Day account will remain active. You can make calls and do all things mobile with your phone if you have a positive account balance. If you don't Top-Up again sometime during those 90 days, your Minute2Minute or Day2Day account will become inactive on the 91st day. Inactive means you can't make or receive calls, send or receive text messages, download ringtones, anything¿even if you have money in your account.

During the next 60 days (days 91-150) you can Top-Up your account and make it active again. All of the airtime in your account will be renewed for another 90 days and you get to keep your phone number.

However, if you do not Top-Up by the 151st day, your Minute2Minute or Day2Day account will expire and we will deactivate your service. You will lose your phone number and the value of the airtime in your account. At that point, you'll have to reactivate and go through the fun and easy activation process again. Just contact Virgin Mobile At Your Service at 1-888-322-1122 to activate your account using a Top-Up Card or a debit/credit card.

If you're using the Minute2Minute service, you can keep your account active by setting an Auto Top-Up option for $15 every 90 days. In addition, if you Top-Up $90 within any 72-hour period, you will be automatically enrolled in our Service Preserver program and your Minute2Minute or Day2Day account will stay active for one year, but you will need a positive account balance to use your Virgin Mobile phone. You can keep your account active for one year from the date of any subsequent Top-Up of $90 or more within a 72-hour period. To opt-out of Service Preserver just contact Virgin Mobile At Your Service at 1-888-322-1122 within 30 days from the date you were last enrolled. If you're enrolled in Service Preserver, switch to Month2Month and then switch back to Minute2Minute or Day2Day, you will retain your enrollment in Service Preserver and your account will remain active for one year from the date you last enrolled (but you will need a positive account balance to use your Virgin Mobile phone).

If your account decreases to a zero balance, you will be unable to use your phone other than to call 911, which may result in the termination of any phone call or service for which you have not previously paid.