Phones
    LG VX9700
    LG VX8550
    LG VX8100
    Carrier
    VERIZON
    Feedback Score

hard reset?

i installed a program that apparently didnt agree with my xv6700, so i need to hard reset it, but its frozen and wont even load the desktop... how can i hard reset it?

Phones
    AudioVox VX6600WOC
    Kyocera 2135
    Carriers
    Verizon
    Feedback Score

Talking

Let me first say I hope you had a backup because the hard reset will lose everything that you have added.

That being said, On the back plate and/or on the bottom edge of the back plate there is a small hole marked with reset. After you have powered off (or removed the battery to hard power off) put the point of the stylus into the hole and press the switch inside while you power up the PPC. It will reload the operating system just like rebuilding a pc partition gone bad. It also has the effect of reformating both the internal storage and the mini-SD.

Good Luck.
    A DP Dinosaur

In his very best Fred Rogers voice:

'Can you say COBOL boys and girls?'
    'Good! Very Good, my friends. I knew you could!'

Phone
    UT/Audiovox XV6700
    Carrier
    Verizon
    Feedback Score

Cool

Actually hard reset is accomplished (since you can't get to the desktop) by holding the two - buttons to the left and right of the windows and ok buttons and then pressing the reset button with the styli. Then press Y for yes to hard reset and restore it back to factory. You don't have to provision the phone with your cell company. You WILL lose all your added software/data but I've done a hard reset with my storage card in and it didn't format it but I would take it out just in case.
    Chris Kennedy
    UT/Audiovox XV6700 Verizon phone with BT 500 Jabra headset