Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast

Thread: How to upload games for VS3 tutorial

Feedback Score
    i think that my cable is generic but dont's say the model sorry for my inglish

Device(s)
    Panasonic VS3
    Carrier(s)
    Mtel
    Feedback Score
    I've got a major problem gyus.
    I did all the steps many times and I still get the same result.
    When i drag the .jar file ineto the upload field of the menager nothing happens. No "upload' icon on the toolbar's left corner appers. My phone is turned on (i mean not in test mode when i upload). Should it be like that.
    PLease people I'm desperate. I only bought the cable to uploud games.!

Feedback Score
    okay. uhm. guys? i have a problem here..its regarding step 4. what exactly am i suppose to do??? i raed the other thread and realise one guy had the same problem. and you said this "it should run the phonetool, get the PT code (when starting the phonetool first time), then run the armadillo to generate the reg. info for the phonetool.." to be frank, this point of time, im like so can you rephrase the whole of step 4?? sorry for the trouble.

Device(s)
    Panasonic VS3
    Carrier(s)
    Fido
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Stash_Bux
    I did all of the steps and when I get to the File Manager and try to upload the .jar file to the Video folder, a message comes up saying that "This file is not allowed to be uploaded to the handset!" can some1 help me with this problem. I use a VS7 BTW
    same here! except i use a vs3... please help!

Feedback Score
    hahas. the thread starter dont know go where le.

Device(s)
    Panasonic VS3
    Carrier(s)
    Fido
    Feedback Score
    in response to my last reply, i found out that if you upload the games in the sounds folder instead, it will go into the games folder automatically!

yay, but now the games don't work properly because the keys are not the same. i used s700 games...

Device(s)
    Panasonic VS3
    Feedback Score
    acutaully, any folder will be ok for JAR uploading.

Feedback Score
    This tutorial is great except that the jucy pixels website is gone (now points to a domain parking website)

I'm sure there is someone here with the programs previously on juicy pixels, could you upload them somewhere? If you don't know where, please PM me and you can send them to me and I'll try and find somewhere.

Also, avong, it sounds as if what this mod is doing is enabling the phone to receive JARs via the video folder. Do you know how to reset the phone to turn off this option?

Cheers
    Last edited by Nil Einne; 09-01-2006 at 08:30 AM.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by hanako
    same here! except i use a vs3... please help!
    I have the EXACT same message. I went through the tutorials step be step, over and over, on the VS2 and the VS3. Everything went smoothly UNTIL the last step where you upload it and I get that error message... "This file is not allowed to be updated to handset!"

Feedback Score
    Perhaps if you help others retrieve the files that were on the dead links, more people would be able to try this mod and we might be able to diagnose your problem? *hint *hint

BTW, I hope you guys having problems have read the tutorial and the whole thread and are not doing stupid, pointless things like using the mobileaction that came with the phone rather then the version that was on the dead/gone site...
    Last edited by Nil Einne; 09-03-2006 at 11:02 PM.

Device(s)
    VS7
    Feedback Score
    Thanks for the How To, it works like a charm

And because the old link is dead, i uploaded the file manager software myself here's the link: Panasonic V# Mobile Action

And let's start a list of games that actually work on the V-Series.

• Baldurs Gate
    • Dragon Island

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Saigan
    Thanks for the How To, it works like a charm

And because the old link is dead, i uploaded the file manager software myself here's the link: Panasonic V# Mobile Action

And let's start a list of games that actually work on the V-Series.

• Baldurs Gate
    • Dragon Island
    OMG!!! THANK YOU SO MUCH!!! I have the SAME USB Mobile Action software, but for some reason, it didnt' work on mine. I tried both MA and Panasonic software, but no luck. Your's worked for some reason... The only difference I found was on the Interface Setup (where you choose the COM ports), you can change the COM ports on yours. The Handset Model also says "PANASONIC_X410" instead of "PANASONIC VS2/VS3". Maybe that solved it? You have to install the app telling it you have an X410?

Anyway, you just made my day!!! THANKS!!!
    Last edited by artboy; 09-05-2006 at 08:48 AM.

Feedback Score

programs

hey if youre looking for the programs to upload games to panasonic i put them in a winrar archve

this is the link to download them

http://rapidshare.de/files/37049577/..._games_vs3.rar

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by artboy
    OMG!!! THANK YOU SO MUCH!!! I have the SAME USB Mobile Action software, but for some reason, it didnt' work on mine. I tried both MA and Panasonic software, but no luck. Your's worked for some reason... The only difference I found was on the Interface Setup (where you choose the COM ports), you can change the COM ports on yours. The Handset Model also says "PANASONIC_X410" instead of "PANASONIC VS2/VS3". Maybe that solved it? You have to install the app telling it you have an X410?

Anyway, you just made my day!!! THANKS!!!
    <rant>
    I hate to say this, but this is what comes from NOT BOTHERING TO READ THE FIRST POST AND THE FOLLOWING POSTS PROPERLY. It was quite clear to me that the mobile action that was in the first post was different from the one that comes with our phones. For starters, the first post makes it quite clear that you may have to change COM ports. If you could not change COM port on the version that came with your phone, then it should come as no suprise to anyone that it's the wrong version. Even if you didn't notice this, anyone who had bothered to think about it would have mentioned that they were using the version that came with their phone instead of the file that was linked to because it should be obvious that maybe, just maybe there is a difference between the version that came with your phone and the version that the first poster mentioned? And maybe, just maybe the precise reason why a program was distributed in the first post was because the vast majority of people don't have that program?

But it isn't just that people don't bother to follow instructions and don't bother to think that annoys me. It's that people don't bother to READ the thread before asking stupid questions or complaining. If this had been one of those page threads with the answer buried somewhere in the middle, perhaps this could be forgiven. But it's not. In fact this issue was raised in the first page of this thread. Specifically
    Hey man, thanks a lot for this. The problem I had was that I didn't use the USB_MobileAction that was provided in one of the links above. Instead, I used the software that came with the phone! Hope that helps some of you who are still having problems with this.
    There is also another post a few threads later where someone else says you must use the USB mobile action not the software that came with the phone.

Of course, it doesn't really surprise me that there are a bunch of people who don't bother to read the thread and don't even bother to properly read the instructions and think about what they're doing. That was why I said in my reply a few posts back
    BTW, I hope you guys having problems have read the tutorial and the whole thread and are not doing stupid, pointless things like using the mobileaction that came with the phone rather then the version that was on the dead/gone site...
    Precisely because it occured to me that there would still be a bunch of idiots who are doing stupid things like using the software that came with their phone even though it should be obvious that it's not going to work.
    <end rant>

Okay sorry for that long rant. But it irks me deeply when people don't bother to read the instructions properly, don't bother to think about what they're doing and don't bother to read the thread before making stupid and pointless posts about something not working when it should be obvious what the problem is.
    Last edited by Nil Einne; 10-22-2006 at 03:14 PM.

Feedback Score
    Anyway I've got it all working! Thanks greatly avong for the original tutorial and also saigan and pr3dildo for reuploading the needed files. Although kind of ironically, I now find juicypixels is BACK. Not only that but I came across the needed files from a Chinese forum while trying the tutorial (more on that later).

I also want to thank matchung! I didn't actually follow the tutorial exactly. I didn't bother to use the comport program thing. Instead I changed eeprom setting like s/he said using X60 tools. That's why I ended up finding the stuff on the Chinese website becoz I needed the eeprom file for MCI 148. It worked fine. I'm assuming avong's file does the same thing it just makes it a bit easier and less risky. But I choose the eeprom method becoz I wanted to see the eeprom and I wanted to know how to re-set it to the original.

BTW, I've found out the Mobile Action you get from their website for the VS2 doesn't work either. I'm assuming art was using this version. Given that the juicypixels website was down especially, I guess it isn't quite so bad as a user who just tried to use the default software that comes with the phone but I'm still of the opinion it should have been obvious that it could be a problem using a potentially different version.

Anyway I don't want to go in to this anymore. Suffice to say, use the recommended files!

Now all I have to do is to find out how to unprotect the files originally on my phone so they are forward allowed and I can download them. Don't suppose anyone knows how? Also anyone seen the Sonic game that came with the phone around? Or maybe someone knows how to save games from the phone? My phone is from Vodafone NZ and they didn't include the game (probably so you'd buy more games from them).
    Last edited by Nil Einne; 10-22-2006 at 04:33 PM.

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast