Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread: What is a SIM Card & What does it do??

Device(s)
    Carrier(s)
    cingular
    Feedback Score
    does anybody know if it is possible to copy a nextel sim card contact list to a cingular 8125 sim or the phone itself. i have tried to copy the sims using a nextel contact copier and also puting the nextel sim into the 8125 but have had no luck. the reason i am asking i am switching about 30 nextel blackberrys to the 8125.
    thanks for any help

Device(s)
    iPhone 7
    Carrier(s)
    AT&T
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by cpmand
    does anybody know if it is possible to copy a nextel sim card contact list to a cingular 8125 sim or the phone itself. i have tried to copy the sims using a nextel contact copier and also puting the nextel sim into the 8125 but have had no luck. the reason i am asking i am switching about 30 nextel blackberrys to the 8125.
    thanks for any help
    The GSM phone should accept the Nextel SIM, but it will display Emergency Only or Unregistered SIM. You can copy the numbers from SIM to phone, then put in the Cingular SIM and copy them back to the SIM.

Device(s)
    Carrier(s)
    cingular
    Feedback Score

question

it is asking for sim unlock code when i put in a nextel sim card

Device(s)
    iPhone 7
    Carrier(s)
    AT&T
    Feedback Score
    it is asking for sim unlock code when i put in a nextel sim card
    Oh, the Cingular phones are locked. That does make it a little bit more difficult. The only thing I could think to try would be a GSM SIM copier to see if it will copy the phonebook entries off of the Nextel SIM.

Device(s)
    Carrier(s)
    cingular
    Feedback Score
    i tried the yellow nextel sim copier and it said error with the nextel sim and cingular sim

Feedback Score

OLD Nokia 4560 - move SIM card to a new phone?

Hi,

Similar question here. I have a 4 year old Nokia 4560 (a VERY basic phone) with my Cingular service. I don't want to upgrade to a new plan since they are more expensive and have features I don't need.

Can I buy an unlocked "cingular-ready" phone (from ebay) and insert my 4 year old SIM card into it? Will it work? Will the "new" phone features (such as video email) work with my "old" SIM card? Can I buy ANY unlocked phone or do I need to get a certain type?

Thanks!

Device(s)
    iPhone 7
    Carrier(s)
    AT&T
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by good4us1999
    Hi,

Similar question here. I have a 4 year old Nokia 4560 (a VERY basic phone) with my Cingular service. I don't want to upgrade to a new plan since they are more expensive and have features I don't need.

Can I buy an unlocked "cingular-ready" phone (from ebay) and insert my 4 year old SIM card into it? Will it work? Will the "new" phone features (such as video email) work with my "old" SIM card? Can I buy ANY unlocked phone or do I need to get a certain type?

Thanks!
    Nokia never made a 4560. If you mean 3560 (which would have been around 3-4 years ago) the answer is no, because it is a TDMA phone which would not have a SIM card. If you have the 3595, the GSM version of the 3560; then yes, you can move your SIM into a new Cingular-locked or unlocked phone.

Feedback Score

Nokia 6340i

My mistake - its a model Nokia 6340i

I have a 4 year old Nokia 6340i (a VERY basic phone) with my Cingular service. I don't want to upgrade to a new plan since they are more expensive and have features I don't need.

Device(s)
    Motorola Photon Q
    Carrier(s)
    Sprint Nextel
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by good4us1999
    My mistake - its a model Nokia 6340i

I have a 4 year old Nokia 6340i (a VERY basic phone) with my Cingular service. I don't want to upgrade to a new plan since they are more expensive and have features I don't need.

Your phone is one of the now discontinued multi-network GAIT phones for GSM/TDMA-AMPS interoperability which are now discontinued. they want everyone to kind of get off of any tdma/amps related product ASAP

Device(s)
    SE W518a, Sony TIPO2
    Carrier(s)
    AT&T!
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by jervin123
    Your phone is one of the now discontinued multi-network GAIT phones for GSM/TDMA-AMPS interoperability which are now discontinued. they want everyone to kind of get off of any tdma/amps related product ASAP
    The 6340i GAIT phone can be used for GSM only on GSM plans. If you are Legacy Orange and have GAIT plan grandfathered or GSM + GAIT (like me) you can still access TDMA/AMPS and as yet, there has been no "technology" fee. However BLUE Gait users were forced off their GAIT plans with the migration from Blue to Orange billing system. All BLUE TDMA and Prepaid TDMA is being shut down end of March. If good4us1999's phone is old and never had a new SIM, it will likely have a 32K or a 32GT SIM.

good4us1999, what plan and what SIM do you have? For the most part, you should be able to get an unlocked GSM phone (make sure it has both 850 &1900 bands) or a Cingular Locked GSM (if you are on an ORANGE plan and not a BLUE plan) and use with your SIM. However, you might also be able to get a new SIM without changing your plan if you are Legacy Orange and not Blue.

Feedback Score

Nokia 6340i - SIM card

Thanks for the update. The 6340i is 4 years old with the original SIM card. I am not sure if my plan is "blue" or "orange", but the plan is 4 years old also (I am obviously out of contract and pay month to month). The plan is $29.99 per month and I get 300 anytime minutes and 5,000 nite/weekend minutes. I got the plan directly from Cingular and was not migrated over from ATT.

The minutes are just fine for my needs. That is why I want to keep the plan and just upgrade the old phone by taking my old SIM card and putting it into a new unlocked phone from someplace like Ebay.

Hopefully this additional info will help someone answer my question. Cingular has been no help - they want me to upgrade my plan to a more $$$ one and I don't need all those minutes. Thank you!!!!

Device(s)
    RIM BB 7290 (i really should upgrade)
    Carrier(s)
    tmo
    Feedback Score
    thanks for any help
    it sounds like your in a corporate environment most likely? unless you are running domino or groupwise then it shouldnt be a problem

and if you are, your gonna have to find a way to get your 8125s talking to your server anyway so once their up and running contacts will be there

Device(s)
    LG CU500
    Carrier(s)
    ATT
    Feedback Score
    Here is a question.
    I am a long time ATT customer and currently have the LG 4020 flipphone. I purchased my contract 3 years ago before ATT went to Cingular. Can my SIM be used in a LG CU 500 (Cingular brand).

Feedback Score
    I have a question about my sim card.... I have a Nokia 6126 and I was trying to put a pin number in so just anybody could not pick up my phone and read my text. After entering and verifying my new pin it asked me for a 'PUK' code. It would not let me go any further even after taking the battery out and the sim card out. One of my friend's sons's said he always used 11111111 and when I entered that it went back to pin code. I repeated the two steps of entering and verifying. Now it says sim card rejected! I then took my sim card and put it in an older Nokia I have and it says 'sim card rejected'. Have I destroyed my sim card somehow? Thanks, Wanda

Device(s)
    Moto V3xx Pink
    Carrier(s)
    AT&T
    Feedback Score
    You have to call in to customer service now. The PUK code can only be retreived by them. And Now that you haven't done that, you need a new sim.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast