Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: FAQ: Why does my handset say roaming? and other similar questions

Device(s)
    Unlocked Rogers Blackberry Q10 | LG Nexus-4 | Samsung Nexus-S
    Carrier(s)
    Fido | Rogers Prepaid | LycaMobile US | Bell | T-Mobile Prepaid
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by jessqueen
    did they stop the 3G network or is it still going or why doesnt the message change. i want to use my free roaming on the extended network for when i go to the states.
    When you go to the US, you won't benefit from any free roaming since going to the US and using the American carriers' network (either T-Mobile or AT&T) is not considered to be the extended network.

With all your questions about the extended network (over 30 questions related to the same topic), maybe it is time that you went to a Fido kiosk or Fido store and asked someone there (or maybe call Fido and ask them).
    Unlimited Fido Data Plan: Netgear Aircard LTE Mobile Hotspot

My Tech Blog

Device(s)
    Blackberry Curve 8900
    Carrier(s)
    TELUS
    Feedback Score
    Awesome post. Thanks for all the information.

It was actually useful for me about a year ago when I got an unlocked BB and was trying to figure out why I was always roaming, but apparently I must have forgotten to reply

So anyways, side question for you.
    Regarding, "Fido SIM cards, both old and new are still programmed with the original Fido network code of 302-370 as their home network." ... "It is possible for Fido to reprogram the home network to 302-720 using an OTA (Over-the-air) SIM update which will eliminate the roaming indicator."
    Is there any indication if Fido has any intention of fixing the issue? Any changes to the new SIM Cards? Any chance we can get a Fido rep to comment on this?

Much appreciated.

-S

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Samour View Post
    Awesome post. Thanks for all the information.

It was actually useful for me about a year ago when I got an unlocked BB and was trying to figure out why I was always roaming, but apparently I must have forgotten to reply

So anyways, side question for you.
    Regarding, "Fido SIM cards, both old and new are still programmed with the original Fido network code of 302-370 as their home network." ... "It is possible for Fido to reprogram the home network to 302-720 using an OTA (Over-the-air) SIM update which will eliminate the roaming indicator."
    Is there any indication if Fido has any intention of fixing the issue? Any changes to the new SIM Cards? Any chance we can get a Fido rep to comment on this?

Much appreciated.

-S
    same here man...I got the Torch unlocked from Rogers and I always have the roaming triangle...I wrote a topic here and found out why I was roaming and I called Fido to see if they could do an OTA update and they said they dont know anything about such thing but they told me to just ignore the roaming part and i dont get charged anyways for roaming...

Carrier(s)
    Fido (Snoopy's Dog House)
    Feedback Score
    no but your battery will drain faster if its on Automatic network scan instead of manual network scan.
    I put the "HO" back in "HOFO"

Device(s)
    Blackberry Curve 8900
    Carrier(s)
    TELUS
    Feedback Score
    True... that's why I have mine on manual

But you have to switch to automatic if you actually travel and have to roam.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Samour View Post
    True... that's why I have mine on manual

But you have to switch to automatic if you actually travel and have to roam.
    same here....I have mine on manual...and in any other country just switch it to Auto....

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2