Thread: Where to try out real phones, NOT dummy ones?

Device(s)
    T-Mobile Dash
    Carrier(s)
    T-Mobile
    Feedback Score

Question Where to try out real phones, NOT dummy ones?

It looks like many places around here have only dummy phones to display. Can somebody suggest a retailer that shows you real t-mobile phones?

Device(s)
    iPhone TurboSim
    Carrier(s)
    TIM Brasil
    Feedback Score
    I usually just ask and they will get a working one to show...

Best buy in general has real ones (at least some models) on display, RadioShack (although that isnt TMo) also has them, but locked, and circuit city also has them locked away....

Most stores have them, you just have to *ask*, in case you havent already... :/
    Cheers!

Roy Nasser
    From Brazil!!! erm..... from Boston as of sept. 18/2002

Device(s)
    Blackberry Bold 9700
    Carrier(s)
    Vodafone UK
    Feedback Score
    Most stores will NOT have real GSM phones on display because if they're stolen they can still be used on any network when unlocked.

Device(s)
    T-Mobile Sidekick
    Carrier(s)
    T-Mobile
    Feedback Score

Go to a T-Mobile store...

You can usually just ask the rep in the store to see a working one (usually on their person, or in the back, or in a case)...

Device(s)
    iPhone TurboSim
    Carrier(s)
    TIM Brasil
    Feedback Score
    Bestbuy has phones in a steel frame or something... You can't move them... just access the keyboard to use them, flip-phones cant even be closed...

Device(s)
    T-Mobile Dash
    Carrier(s)
    T-Mobile
    Feedback Score
    Ok, so I went to Circuit City today and they said that they can't take a phone out of the box. It's very hard to say if you like the phone when you see a toy. CC said that if I go to the T-mobile store I can try the real ones.
    I went to T-mobile store in Bellevue (right next to the company headquarters and all they had of course was plastic toys. When I asked to look at the real Samsung phone they said that i'm in luck because one of the employees had a personal samsung phone and I could try it. Otherwise I'd be out of luck

Device(s)
    RL2500, (4)SCP8100, LG 5350, LG 1010,
    Carrier(s)
    Sprint PCS,
    Feedback Score
    best buy in my area has them on those metal cables so you can pick em up and play with em. VERY nice.
    EVERY carrier has its pros and cons. If there was a perfect provider, there would be no competition because everyone would have them. Its pretty cheap to mock someones carrier. They chose them for a reason (as did you with your provider).