Page 1 of 9 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 LastLast

Thread: Quick Mods/Tips for Verizon V3c

Device(s)
    BB Storm2
    Carrier(s)
    Verizon
    Feedback Score

Quick Mods/Tips for Verizon V3c

Common Motorola RAZR V3c Hacks (Verizon only)

Memory Used:

To find out how much memory is used/left, go to the Get It Now screen by pressing Right on the four way pad. Once there, press the top right soft key labeled "Info" then select option 1, System Info.

Replace Verizon graphic when flip is open:
    Create a .gif file that is 96x80 and name it verizon.gif
    Using P2Kcommander go to the folder named Mobile and overwrite the verizon.gif with your version. Do not erase the file that is there, only overwrite!

Changing Inside Verizon Wireless Banner Inside/Outside Banner when flip closed:
    The outside screen when the flip is closed displays whatever you put on the inside.
    Download Seem 296a Bytes 24 record 0005 using p2kseem. Save as a backup to your computer. Change Verizon Wireless to whatever you want, but DO NOT erase anything before the V in Verizon or after the S in wireless. Upload to phone.

Changing the Startup and Shutdown graphics:
    Using p2k commander go to a/Motorola/shared/picture
    Get whatever animated gif you want and rename it to customer_opening.gif or customer_closing.gif Drag and drop the file onto commander and it will replace the one there. Works like a charm.

Changing startup and shutdown sounds:

Using p2k commander, the startup and shutdown sounds are:
    /a/motorola/system/ui_start_dn_mono.mp_ (shutdown)
    /a/motorola/system/ui_start_up_mono.mp_ (startup)
    these are both .mp3's that have been renamed to .mp_
    in your computer go to control panel then folder options then the view tab and uncheck hide extensions for know file types.
    Take any mp3 you want, amake sure its short like a few secs and rename it /a/motorola/system/ui_start_dn or up _mono.mp_ _ and drag and drop over
    Commander it will overwrite the file.
    Restart

Enable Vibrate Then Ring:

Seem Edit Seem 2742, Record 1, Bytes (h) 90 find Offset 7B, turn bit 3 off, bit 4 on.

Re-enable MMS in MPT:
    You open MPT and hit the center button, Setup, General Setup, Communication, Change Modem, Next, Next, Check "Do not automatically detect driver, select from List", next, Select "Motorola CDMA", select V3cm, Finish. This should re-enable MPT, If V3cm does not show up, make sure to load the DriverTool.exe on your computer.

Option to Re-enable MMS in MPT via Phone Identification string edit for MPT:
    NOTE: MPT usually auto detects the phone as V3C...This is due to the Identification string in the phone vs MPT's DETECT.INF file. Later you manually configure for V3cM to have MPT show the MultiMedia Studio Icon. An additional Seem Edit suggested fixes it so that MPT auto-detects the phone as the "M" model.
    This would be Seem 2827, Record 1, Bytes (h) 22, Offset 0006, enable bits 0-2-3-6 and Disable Bits 1-4-5-7. Doing this seem edit adds the missing "M" to the Identification string in the phone. Once completed, MPT's "auto-detection" of the phone will identify it as a V3cM and MPT will be configured accordingly (i.e. show the Multimedia Studio Icon)

Restore File Transfers via Multimedia Studio in MPT for Firmware .03 (USB Only):

Seem 2742, Record 1, Bytes (h) 90, offset 6A, set Bit0=1 (or enabled, or "check the box")
    NOTE: Verizon has released an updated Firmware for the V3C (firmware version .03). This new version does NOT support OBEX, and the ability to use the Multimedia Studio feature of MPT has also been DISABLED... While a seem edit will re-enable the MMS feature of MPT, it appears the OBEX code has been REMOVED completely from the phone so there is no way to fix that. OBEX and MMS can be used with Firmware 01.0F.02 without this edit.

Restore OBEX Bluetooth ability to Firmware 01.0F.03 Phones:
    The only current way to restore OBEX is to reflash the phone with the 01.0F.02 Firmware

Instructions to Flash Firmware:
    Backup your phonebook, ringers, and anything else important you want to keep.
    1. Obtain PST-7.2.3
    2. Apply the "patch" PST_uni_patch
    3. Get the E815 driver pack thing
    4. Goto the PST directory and run on MultiflashflexTool.
    5. Select the firmware under flash setup and click Start
    6. Wait a few minutes, When it says "Flash Successful" you can close everything down.
    7. Your phone will say Installing Flash or something like that. Wait a few more minutes.
    DO NOT POWER OFF YOUR PHONE.
    8. Once you phone turns off, you can turn it back on

(all above were stolen from Here or Mark venture's Page, and assume you already know how to use Seem edits or P2Kcommander)

Rook
    Last edited by R00K; 02-09-2006 at 10:28 AM.

Feedback Score

RAZR and Pop3 email

Does anyone know how to install or activate software on the Verizon version of the RAZR to use POP3 e-mail without having to log onto the web? Also, has anyone used the Motorola - Outlook synch software?

Device(s)
    iPhone 6
    Carrier(s)
    Verizon Prepaid
    Feedback Score
    Where in PST directory can you find the MultiFlash ? I have PST 7.2.3 and there is no Multiflash anywhere.

Feedback Score
    donkey..it should be in that PST directory. Look for a gold colored motorola symbol..that should be it..

Device(s)
    iPhone 6
    Carrier(s)
    Verizon Prepaid
    Feedback Score
    I looked everywhere under PST and couldn't find the gold icon with the Moto logo. Am I missing something? I have looked under New File, Open File...nothing. Then I look at the RAR folder where I downloaded it, nothing.

Device(s)
    V3C
    Carrier(s)
    Verizon
    Feedback Score
    Great writeup and should be the first read for any newbie.
    Thanks OP.

Just like to share that for the "Restore File Transfers via Multimedia Studio in MPT for Firmware .03" SEEM edit. I am able to use BOTH USB and BT for file transfer after the SEEM edit. In fact I only use BT now for anything with MPT.

May be it is also worth to add another line saying that to sync/edit/transfer Contact Lists between PC and V3C with MPT -> Nothing needs to be hacked/changed. It is enabled by default.

To a newbie like me I would say File transfer with MPT would be the mininum hack you should tackle first (if you have .03 FW)

Device(s)
    Moto V3c
    Carrier(s)
    Verizon Wireless
    Feedback Score
    I just copied from my computer to phone altered customer_opening.gif and customer_closing.gif using MPT and it overwrote the ones in the phone without having to use Commander
    Marriage : ( A Very Expensive Way To Get Your Laundry Done For Free )

Device(s)
    Droid
    Carrier(s)
    Verizon Wireless
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Donkey
    I looked everywhere under PST and couldn't find the gold icon with the Moto logo. Am I missing something? I have looked under New File, Open File...nothing. Then I look at the RAR folder where I downloaded it, nothing.
    It should be in the PST program folder on your C:\ drive, not actually within the PST program. The directory should be C:\Program Files\PST.
    I'm just here to inform, even if it's myself.

Device(s)
    VU204-E815
    Carrier(s)
    Verizon (sigh!)
    Feedback Score
    unless you are going to do more than one phone at once, look in start>programs>Motorola PST>Flash and Test Command

multiflashflex.exe does exist in the PST folder but it is usually not listed in the group. Mine is under c:\program files\motorola\pst.

where's the spellchecker?
    The new way to nano~surf

Device(s)
    iPhone 6
    Carrier(s)
    Verizon Prepaid
    Feedback Score
    I found it, thanks, flashed it, worked great! Thanks for all the information here from everyone.

Device(s)
    MOT Droid Mini,
    Carrier(s)
    Verizon Wireless, Page Plus
    Feedback Score

Screen Saver

Is there a mod to get the Screen Saver to actually work (ver xx.02 firmware) ?

While the screen turns off after a short while when running off the battery, the screen stays on continuously when running off the charger. It would be nice if the Screen Saver kicked-in, after the specified time, when running off the charger.

Device(s)
    BB Storm2
    Carrier(s)
    Verizon
    Feedback Score
    Screen Saver is only for the inside screen, when left open -comes on after a minute of no contact.

Rook

Device(s)
    MOT Droid Mini,
    Carrier(s)
    Verizon Wireless, Page Plus
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by R00K
    Screen Saver is only for the inside screen, when left open -comes on after a minute of no contact.
    Mine doesn't.

It originally didn't bother me since I thought I read that others could not get the Screen Saver to work too.

Under Screen Saver, I have a picture selected, and set it to go on in 1 minute. Is there some other setting that could be interfering with it?

Device(s)
    LG enV 3
    Carrier(s)
    Verizon Wireless
    Feedback Score
    please sticky

Device(s)
    BB Storm2
    Carrier(s)
    Verizon
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by WaltA
    Mine doesn't.

Under Screen Saver, I have a picture selected, and set it to go on in 1 minute. Is there some other setting that could be interfering with it?

Select "Air" as your screensaver and let me know what happens.

Rook

Page 1 of 9 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 LastLast