Thread: HELP!!! phone wont ring!!!

Phones
    HTC Touch Diamond
    Sony Ericsson W900i (Backup)
    HTC Tytn II (RIP - water + urine damage)
    Carrier
    AT&T
    Feedback Score

HELP!!! phone wont ring!!!

hey guys ive ran into a serious and really annoying problem with my ROKR E1. all the sudden, my phone wont ring... at all! when i have it set to vibrate and ring... it just vibrates a few times. when i set it to loud, it doesnt ring at all. so i make sure everythings right in the "vibe and ring details" and the call ringtone is blank. so i change it and then when someone calls it doesnt ring at all so i look and its blank again! ive tried other ringtones and guess what??? even happens when i get a txt message! when someone txts me i check the ring settings and the rintone for the messages is gone. nothing has changed on my phone, but im tempted to reflash it if i cant figure out whats going on. plz help im expecting a cingular assistant manager to call me to inquire about getting me a w900 so its REALLY important that i recieve this call!!!!
    Last edited by maxiderm; 02-09-2006 at 01:47 PM.

Carrier
    T-Mobile
    Feedback Score
    have you modded it in any way or did it just stop on its own? and can't you just use a backup? you have a v551 listed as one of your phones. Put your sim in that while you wait for the call.

Phones
    HTC Touch Diamond
    Carrier
    AT&T
    Feedback Score
    i HAVE modded it in the past but havent changed anything in the last few days since it has been doing this...

Carriers
    Sprint
    Feedback Score
    1) set every ringtone detail to silent/vibrate (so no ringtones are selected)
    2) then delete the .db files and restart the phone

I don't know if you need to do #1, but I know that #2 will produce some result. If no, then do it in order, as thats what I did for my brother's phone.
    Anything below this statement isn't part of the post I just made.
    Past Phones: Nokia 3390, 6010, 6133, 5310, X2-02
    Motorola v635, SLVR, v300
    ATT Fuze, HTC Evo 3D
    Samsung Galaxy 4G

Phones
    HTC Touch Diamond
    Carrier
    AT&T
    Feedback Score
    thanks, i will try that when i go home after work because my data cable is over there. i will tell you how it goes...

Phones
    HTC Touch Diamond
    Carrier
    AT&T
    Feedback Score
    thanks so much, got it working. i appreciate it.

Feedback Score

Arrow re- phone won't ring

This might help

! st. Check the profile settings.

I have a moto i776 that wasn't ringing and I brought it back to Bestbuy where I bought it. After a few minutes of checking my settings, the guy had it fixed. I asked him what was wrong with it. He said Moto wants to make their phones as user frirendly as possible so they have some phones that you can set up two profiles to work at the same time. And that was the problem with my phone.

Now I can see if you want an AM and a PM profile set up. Even a work hours profile and a non work hours profile set up at the same time with different settings for both isn't a stretch. But to be able to have 2 profiles with identical active hours except one is set to ring and the other to vibe only or even nothing at all,, how confusing! So on of the 2 profiles I had set up was overriding the other!

2ND. check the ringing volume and the phone volume. ON my i776 if I press and hold the volume down key till the sound level goes all the way to zero and keep it pressed down, my phone goes into vibe only.

Hope one of these two things help!

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by maxiderm View Post
    thanks so much, got it working. i appreciate it.
    Good to hear...

Holla if you hear me....

Feedback Score
    I have a Z6M with the same problem but I can't find the .db files. Anyone know where they are or if they are not applicable to the Z6M ... does anyone know how to resolve this issue. Thx