Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread: My Logitech Moblie Freedom / Traveller Reviews:

Feedback Score
    12 (100%)

My Logitech Moblie Freedom / Traveller Reviews:

Logitech has always seems to make sturdy, reliable products. The Mobile Freedom and Traveller are no exception. While the Freedom is an older headset, and many of my friends and associates sware by it, I've never had one myself just because of all the other headsets I was reviewing at the time. I now have both Logitech headsets and wanted to write up this review on them, since both headsets are very similar in price.

Mobile Freedom

Sound Quality*

Incoming
    The incoming sound quality on the Mobile Freedom is good. It's loud and clear, there's a little to much treble for my liking but overly a very good sound to it. The foam cover confortably fits the circumference of your ear and doesn't block your ear off to the outside
    world which is why many people dont' like the in ear design of some headsets.

the Volume is pretty good. I myself would prefer it to be louder, but no complaints from me

Outgoing
    The Mobile Freedom is the older headset of the bunch, however it is a good all around performer. It handles wind with ease using Logitech's windstop technology. This is one of the best headsets for in car / outdoor use I have found.

I've done numerous tests with the Freedom which consisted of anywhere from 60km/h to 120km/h drives in various different scenarios from driver window open a little to emulate "smokers window" to the passenger window being half down to both windows being full down. In each and every of these scnearios the headset worked and callers could hear me. This is no easy feat considering many before it have failed in this area.

My callers liked the sound of the Mobile Freedom headset. They told me it sounded natural and didn't have that "distant" sound that many other headsets posses. When you go outside the quality drops a bit but still works well. People definately know you're outside on the Mobile Freedom as they can hear the spatial difference from being in a car/office to being outisde. Especially in traffic. You can hear the cars passing by, but it's not overly intrusive and the conversation can still be had.

*The W600 is a LOUD phone, and it seems to just amplifly all headsets.. Even the older motorola headsets I have at the shop once paired with the W600 are louder then with other phones.

Battery life
    No complaints from me. The Mobile Freedom is a long lasting headset.
    Logitech claims 7 hours with 250 hours standby on the Mobile Freedom and i don't see it being a false claim either as I often went days without charging it.

Misc
    The Mobile Freedom, interestingly enough, is a Bluetooth 1.2 complaint headset which these days is a common thing, but back when the Mobile Freedom was more popular 1.2 was a rarity. So along with the nice and comfortable headset, you get the benefits 1.2 provide like frequency hopping and better sound quality as well as faster pairing to other devices. Logitech themselves advertise the fact that the mobile Freedom works great in hifh WiFi areas resisting interference

Size / Weight
    The Mobile Freedom comes in at 0.8oz or 23 grams
    the Mobile Traveller comes in at 1/2oz or 14 grams

The following picture should give you a good reference to the sizing of each unit.

Mobile Traveller

Sound quality*

Incoming
    The Mobile Traveller is the newer generation of the Logitech windstop line of headsets. That being said, it's also noticeably Louder and cleaner then the Freedom is. The Foam earpiece is actualy smaller in diameter the the Mobile Freedom and as a result, in my ears anyway, it's a more secure/snug fit. This Fit, coupled with a louder earpiece to begin with, makes the Mobile Traveller a winner in my opinion.

The incoming sound quality is a little bit cleaner, a little bit louder, a little bit nicer. The Mobile Traveller is a winner for those looking for an affordable loud bluetooth headset.

Outgoing
    The outgoing quality of the Mobile Traveller is quite good. better then the Freedom and more natural sounding as my callers have told me. Both the Freedom and the Traveller are great headsets for outgoing quality but the Traveller seems to sound better doing it. The same driving test was done on the Traveller and it also did very well in all of my windows open/closed combinations. The Windstop technology works very well.

There are 2 solutions for noise filtering, like anything else, one is a software solution and the other is a hardware solution.
    The Software solution, of course, would be DSP.
    Then we have Logitech's solution which is windstop technology. Because of this windstop, the Traveller and Freedom are excellent in car and outside headsets. sometimes I wonder how this charcoal looking tip stops so much wind. There are instances where wind is slapping me in the face (120km/h will do that) and yet the caller can still hear me. This is excellent.

*The W600 is a LOUD phone, and it seems to just amplifly all headsets.. Even the older motorola headsets I have at the shop once paired with the W600 are louder then with other phones.

Battery life
    The Mobile Traveller claims an 8 hour talktime 300 standby vs the 7 hours talktime 250 standby on the Mobile Freedom. The Traveller never let me down with talktime. Again, there are times I've gone days withoug charging the Traveller and it still works.

An interesting note, and one that Logitech themselves make, is that because the Freedom and Traveller's use the windstop mic, which is a hardware solution, not a SW solution, there are no extra battery robbing electronics present in the headset.

Call Handling
    The Mobile Traveller has quite a few call handling features, although remembering them can take some studying.

last Number redial - Press and hold volume - for 3 seconds - doubble beep
    Incoming call reject - Press MFB (multi function button) for more then 3 seconds - double beep

Advanced Features
    3 way call features
    Release all held - MFB and vol - simultaneously more then 6 seconds - single beep
    accept waiting, release active - Vol + button or more then 6 seconds - single beep
    accept waiting hold active, switch between them vol - for more then 6 seconds - single beep
    3 way, conference call or add held call MFB and Vol + for more then 6 seconds - single beep

Conclusions
    Both headsets are excellent headsets. and they're literally within $10.00 of each other with the Freedom being $79.95 and the Traveller being $89.95. Because of the closeness in price, my recomendation is to "spring" for the Mobile Traveller since it does everything the Freedom does and better in a lighter better looking non phallic package

Because both headsets are so close i'm gonna score them with 1 rating but will specify which of the headsets is getting specific bullets.

PRO's
    *Small sizes, smaller on Traveller
    *Excellent battery life on both units
    *Excellent Volumes, louder on Traveller
    *Comfortable wearablility on Traveller
    *Excellent incoming call qualities on both headsets, little louder on Traveller
    *Logitech's Windstop Technology

CON's
    *Ear hook on Freedom can become uncomfortable
    *Look of Freedom is questionable
    *way to hard to remember all the sequences needed to use the advanced calling features

Device(s)
    BB 9000
    Carrier(s)
    Rogers Wireless
    Feedback Score
    AWESOME review! funny enough, i've picked one up this morning from Canada Computers for $62.99! Great price and great headset!
    past phones: moto q9h, TYTn, w580, Treo 750, apple iphone 4gig and 8gig, treo680, k790a, e61, 8801, e62, pantech c300, w600, 8700r, v3i, 6270, 7610, k750i, 3595, 6230b, t28, s710a, p910a, k750i, v635, D500, 6620, 6170, t226, p800, SMT5600, 6630, v60, s700i, 6620, 3300, 6820b, 3220b, 6230b, k700, v70, v551, v300, c333, a56, 5190..... small but growing

MY Feedback: http://www.howardforums.com/showthre...44#post6930844

Device(s)
    IR GS BL00D Phone X N0 B.efore C.hrist E.ntity.. |nfinite HELLUS™ TnT $pawn + Ted§ Hell Hound TˇTher
    Carrier(s)
    M¤ther Nature !... @SS2MOUTH Death 0f SELFie -> HardWare Opiates
    Feedback Score
    12 (100%)
    I have been abusing a Traveller for over a month &

PROS :

Excellent Battery Life !!!! 8 hours continual use & i don't mean standby !!!!
    Good volume
    Great Fit as in generally comfortable & nonaggravating (on all day )
    Outgoing sound is Superb
    WindStop
    Incoming Sound is decent & I use this predominantly with my 6620 (Virtual Radio, Mobilecast & MobiTV)
    Night Mode (No Blue Flash)
    Seems durable
    Secure chargeing port
    Easy pairing
    Price

CONS:

Frequent static issues outside when phone is on opposite side from headset. Not always but often with Nokia 6620, 6230b & Telus King RZR I hear incoming static but no one yet has complained on the receiving end. (my headset?)

Possible drab design for some

Treatz you have a Sexy ear Lobe!

Question Is a BT headset a Tool, Jewelry, Fashion Statement, Accessory or ALL of these ?
    Last edited by TelecomZombie; 02-11-2006 at 03:59 PM.

Carrier(s)
    Rogers Wireless-Canadas Best GSM Network-
    Feedback Score
    Buddy of mine has the Freedom, he says it's the best one he has ever used and is very happy with it. When talking to him after he got it, I wasn't even aware he was using it because the sound was so clear, and he was oustide at a bus station!

Moderator-->SlowFo!!<-- SlowFo-->A Product of HoFo for Farsiders by Farsiders!
    Administrator-->Vxxx Stuff<-- Free Walls, Tones, 3GPs and Info!
    My wee bit of feedback
    Come Visit The Farside!

Device(s)
    BlackBerry Z30
    Carrier(s)
    Fido
    Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    I have been using the Freedom for a long time now. Treatz' review hits it spot-on. I've gone through numerous BT headsets, but this one I've always kept around...

BTW Treatz, I'd recommend you cross-reference your review in the Headset as well as the Bluetooth forums. This will be needed there...
    Last edited by Drug$toreCowboy; 02-11-2006 at 09:58 PM. Reason: Adding Info

Feedback Score
    12 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Drug$toreCowboy
    I have been using the Freedom for a long time now. Treatz' review hits it spot-on. I've gone through numerous BT headsets, but this one I've always kept around...

BTW Treatz, I'd recommend you cross-reference your review in the Headset as well as the Bluetooth forums. This will be needed there...
    I put up a link in Bluetooth, but i'll go put one in headset

Device(s)
    HTC S621
    Carrier(s)
    Rogers
    Feedback Score
    Great review, looks like I will sell my HS-850 and go with the traveller if you can hear it in the car, because the volume on the 850 is way too low.

Carrier(s)
    Rogers Wireless-Canadas Best GSM Network-
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Cawchy
    Great review, looks like I will sell my HS-850 and go with the traveller if you can hear it in the car, because the volume on the 850 is way too low.
    There is a fix for that in the Moto forum if you are so inclined.

Feedback Score
    Wirelessly posted (nuclear signal: BlackBerry7250/4.0.2 Profile/MIDP-2.0 Configuration/CLDC-1.1)

I think the Logitech headsets are an excellent value.

Device(s)
    HTC S621
    Carrier(s)
    Rogers
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Himself
    There is a fix for that in the Moto forum if you are so inclined.
    I was unable to locate the post by using the search function for it. If you could point me in the direction of the post it would be much appriceated. I'm willing to try anything to save this headset since I bought it off of ebay from hong kong and can't really return it.

Device(s)
    3gsssssssssssss
    Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    the freedom looks like a penis but the traveller looks a bit better... blah i just lost my jx-10 (pencil sharpner) and thinking about getting a traveller but the jx-10's size and in-ear design was really good...

Resistance is Futile! get the nokia n8 housing for your iphone lol
    from nokiaconversations

Twitter me

Feedback Score
    12 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by shaolinmonk
    the freedom looks like a penis but the traveller looks a bit better... blah i just lost my jx-10 (pencil sharpner) and thinking about getting a traveller but the jx-10's size and in-ear design was really good...
    after having used both, the only thing I can suggest is go for the JX10 again if you value size. Otherwise the Traveller is an excellently prriced, fully featured headset that has more then satisfied myself

Device(s)
    Galaxy Nexus
    Carrier(s)
    Rogers
    Feedback Score
    Couple weeks ago I bought Traveler to replace my battery-dying SE HBH-600.
    I have done some research before I go for it and decided it should be a good deal.

Here is what my oppinoon concluded in pros and cons about the headset:

Pros:

- great(!) battery life
    - excellent earpiece volume
    - lightweight
    - ability to disable the "hey, look at me!" blinking blue LED
    - price! (got mine from Canada Computers for 72 and change taxes included)

Cons:

- mic isn't very good - people I talk to constantly complain they can't hear me well (I sound distant/muffled)
    - despite the flexible earloop that can be adjusted the headset is not very comfortable to wear for longer time (than average lenght call). This actually depends on the person - some can find it very comfortable, unfortunately that's not the case with me
    - stupid proprietary charging port instead of something standard like miniUSB for example
    - range is not great - being 3-4 meters apart of the phone results in worse sound quality/skipping/distorsions - etc.
    - MFB (multifunction button) is kind of difficult to use (could have been softer!)
    - headset juts out of your face (probably depends on the person too)
    - I can hardly say the wind cancelation feature works...
    - useless in noisier environment (shopping mall/hockey game..)

Huh - sorry - cons more than pros

However I keep reading positive reviews about it - Treatz is another example. So I think it could be me only

Personally I regret the purchase. The alternatives I was considering were Anycom HS890 and SE HBH610 (little bit more expensive). Both include specialized DSP to deal with surrounding noise... Didn't go with Anycom because of the sorter advertized battery life. I probably should have been sticking to SE - anyone tried HBH-610?

Feedback Score
    would you recommend this logitech one or the motorola h500? I have the h500 I bought today, it sounds pretty clear, but i was wondering if I should get the logitech instead.

Feedback Score
    12 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by inkhead
    would you recommend this logitech one or the motorola h500? I have the h500 I bought today, it sounds pretty clear, but i was wondering if I should get the logitech instead.
    since the price is very similar to each other, it depends on your preferences.
    if you're looking for a headset that handles outside and wind better and a generally loud headset, I'd go for the Logitech.

If you hvae a RAZR, or like the style of the H500, then choose the H500

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 LastLast