Page 3 of 152 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 53 103 ... LastLast

Thread: Ask the Employee!

Device(s)
    Motorola Q9H
    Carrier(s)
    T-mobile
    Feedback Score
    I have a few questions...

1. Does the 6th month free VIP thingy still exist?
    2. I understand a while ago that if you change your number to another market, you would have to change to a plan that's found only in the new market. So for example, I have the PREFGTMR plan and would lose that plan once I changed to a different market that doesn't have that plan. Is that still true?
    3. What are the specific requirements to get 100 loyalty minutes as opposed to 50?

Thanks guys and keep up the excellent TMCARE service!

Device(s)
    samsung t509s
    Carrier(s)
    t-mobile
    Feedback Score
    i have been in customer care for just 3 months. i have never given the 6th month free or been told that i can or even seen it in the system TO give it. i've only seen it already on accounts. so that leads me to beleive it's no longer given out.

if you change your mobile number, you MAY lose grandfathered plans. when they tell you that, ask them to speak to a lead & see if they'll let you keep it. i don't know what specific plan you have off the top of my head so i'm not sure if you can... but probably.

bonus minutes are basically at the discretion of the person offering them to you.
    ~candy~
    i hope its obvious that my views do not express the views of t-mobile. anything i say should be viewed as my own opinion & no reflection on the company i work for.

"It's like a new pair of underwear. At first, it's constrictive. But after awhile it becomes a part of you." -Garth Algar

Device(s)
    Sony Ericsson TM506 Emerald
    Carrier(s)
    T-Mobile
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by candyKS
    bonus minutes are basically at the discretion of the person offering them to you.
    He was actually talking about loyalty minutes, and those are no longer given out
    Previous T-Mobile Customer Care Representative

"This job would be great if it wasn't for the ****ing customers" - Randal Graves

"and life is pointless, but what's so wrong with that?" - Stephan Jenkins

" 'Just say no' prevents teenage pregnancy the way 'Have a nice day' cures chronic depression - Faye Wattleton

Speed results from my USB Tethered TM506"

I LOVE 3G!!!

Device(s)
    Motorola Q9H
    Carrier(s)
    T-mobile
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by PsychoKoala
    He was actually talking about loyalty minutes, and those are no longer given out
    Thanks Koala and Candy for the replies.

So loyalty minutes are no longer given out, even through retentions? I currently have 50.. any chance they will remove it?

I have another question. I've had so many conflicting answers that it's driving me nuts. I hope real TM Reps can definetely answer this one.

Are taxes based on billing address or area code? If I change my billing address to another state (I reside in two different states), will the taxes be any different? I would assume so, but would like you guys to give the final word.

Someone also posted in the regular forum that as of December, customers are no longer able to talk to the retentions department unless they are within 2 months of contract expiration? Is this true? What happens when you say "cancel" through the voice prompts?
    Last edited by kilcher; 03-06-2006 at 02:27 AM.

Device(s)
    samsung t509s
    Carrier(s)
    t-mobile
    Feedback Score
    if there's a grandfathered feature on your account (i.e. loyalty minutes), they won't remove it.

some of the taxes are based on where you live but most are federal so that won't make a difference.

if you have tenure of less than 10 months, you will not be sent to retention. so, if you have been with t-mobile since, say, 2003, that's what matters.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by PsychoKoala
    We're gonna see a price drop on the T809 before we see one on the PEBL...
    don't mean to bring up old posts, but that sure didn't happen

the PEBL dropped in price on March 3rd, meanwhile the T809 is still the same.
    Anything I post here are my own opinions and views.

Device(s)
    RIM 8320
    Carrier(s)
    T-mobile
    Feedback Score
    Does T-Mobile have any plans to introduce a network voice dial feature that would work on any phone, similar to Cingular's and AT&T's ol' #121 service?

Thanks for your help.

Device(s)
    Sony Ericsson TM506 Emerald
    Carrier(s)
    T-Mobile
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by rrodrig30
    don't mean to bring up old posts, but that sure didn't happen

the PEBL dropped in price on March 3rd, meanwhile the T809 is still the same.
    Ya I didn't see that one coming

Device(s)
    Droid X
    Carrier(s)
    Verizon
    Feedback Score
    Can anybody that works as a CSR1-GC tell me how the training experience was and what exactly did it involve? I am currently in thr interview process of working @ t-mobile!
    Thanks
    Same Ol' Shiznit, Just More Dropped Calls!

It Better Be Obvious That My Views Do Not Express The Views/Opinions Of T-Mobile USA Inc. Or Anyone Or Anything Linked Or Connected To T-Mobile In Anyway. Anything & Everything I Say Should Be Viewed Or Taken As My Own Suggestion/Opinion & Has No Reflection On My Company T-Mobile USA Inc.

Device(s)
    samsung t509s
    Carrier(s)
    t-mobile
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by terrybogard21
    Can anybody that works as a CSR1-GC tell me how the training experience was and what exactly did it involve? I am currently in thr interview process of working @ t-mobile!
    Thanks
    i am a general care CCR1. the training is 8 weeks long: 5 in classroom, 3 on the phones. it's pretty intense, a LOT to learn, but you get a lot of help & support from senior reps once you get on the phones. you basically go thru billing (the largest chunk) rate plans, features, the systems, etc. in sections, then practice, review & have a test on each section. i hope we can welcome you to the team soon

Device(s)
    Droid X
    Carrier(s)
    Verizon
    Feedback Score
    i am a general care CCR1. the training is 8 weeks long: 5 in classroom, 3 on the phones. it's pretty intense, a LOT to learn, but you get a lot of help & support from senior reps once you get on the phones. you basically go thru billing (the largest chunk) rate plans, features, the systems, etc. in sections, then practice, review & have a test on each section. i hope we can welcome you to the team soon

Well I got a clean record and even got my JOB ID# so things are looking good!
    Are you able to take home the learning material(s) you learn @ t-mobile or do you have to keep them there. Also if you wanted to stay later and learn more without being paid that is, is that even possible?

Device(s)
    samsung t509s
    Carrier(s)
    t-mobile
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by terrybogard21
    Well I got a clean record and even got my JOB ID# so things are looking good!
    Are you able to take home the learning material(s) you learn @ t-mobile or do you have to keep them there. Also if you wanted to stay later and learn more without being paid that is, is that even possible?
    the learning material is moslty on the t-mobile intranet so, obviously you can't take that home but all that info is available to you while you're on calls anyway. that's what is so cool, i think... if you can't remember something or aren't sure of a policy, you always have the ability to look it up during a call. we were told that we couldn't take home the written class material because it's "proprietary information" but you really do have enough time in class to learn it all (or, more precisely, learn where to find it all). i didn't ask if there was a possibility to stay after, so i don't know about that, but there really is plenty of time to review, ask questions, make sure you understand everything.

Device(s)
    Droid X
    Carrier(s)
    Verizon
    Feedback Score
    the learning material is moslty on the t-mobile intranet so, obviously you can't take that home but all that info is available to you while you're on calls anyway. that's what is so cool, i think... if you can't remember something or aren't sure of a policy, you always have the ability to look it up during a call. we were told that we couldn't take home the written class material because it's "proprietary information" but you really do have enough time in class to learn it all (or, more precisely, learn where to find it all). i didn't ask if there was a possibility to stay after, so i don't know about that, but there really is plenty of time to review, ask questions, make sure you understand everything.
    Did you pretty much get ur job after receiving ur JOB ID #?
    I even got the email the recruiter was interested more in me and filling out the paper-work! How long did it take for them to call you after filling the paper via internet?

Device(s)
    SE T630
    Carrier(s)
    T-mobile
    Feedback Score

SE on tmobile USA

Hello, I'm a big fan of the SE phones and wonder if Tmobile USA will ever start carrying them again, i'm currently using an unlocked k700c and it works just fine.

thanks, Mike

Device(s)
    T-Mobile MDA
    Carrier(s)
    T-Mobile
    Feedback Score
    I currently have a family plan and the contract is up. I was wondering what is the best route for me to go. I have 2 lines and want to upgrade to an MDA on both lines. I called customer care and they dont offer the MDA as an upgrade phone. Would i be best off just cancelling my current plan and signing up for a new plan so that i can get the MDA cheaper? Thanks for your time.

Page 3 of 152 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 53 103 ... LastLast