Page 4 of 152 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 54 104 ... LastLast

Thread: Ask the Employee!

Device(s)
    MOTORAZR v3xx (Platinum)
    Carrier(s)
    AT&T
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by ltb
    I currently have a family plan and the contract is up. I was wondering what is the best route for me to go. I have 2 lines and want to upgrade to an MDA on both lines. I called customer care and they dont offer the MDA as an upgrade phone. Would i be best off just cancelling my current plan and signing up for a new plan so that i can get the MDA cheaper? Thanks for your time.
    No, because chances are the MDA won't be cheaper for you then, plus you would have to wait 3 months to be considered a new customer. Just wait a little while until the MDA is in stock for upgrades (which I thought it was), or call around to a local store and see if they have any in stock.

Device(s)
    T-Mobile MDA
    Carrier(s)
    T-Mobile
    Feedback Score
    do you know how much the phone costs as an upgrade?

Feedback Score
    MDA is 350 for an upgrade with a 2 year extension. a newly activated line gets an MDA for $400, plus a $35 activation fee, but you get $50 mail in rebate
    Anything I post here are my own opinions and views.

Device(s)
    T-Mobile MDA
    Carrier(s)
    T-Mobile
    Feedback Score
    alrite thanks for the help guys.. Do u know when the MDA might be available as an upgrade? i called them and they said its not available yet.. And is there anything the retentions department might be able to help me with?? Thanks again.

Device(s)
    MDA
    Carrier(s)
    T-Mobile
    Feedback Score
    You might try a retail store or a dealer. Our store is offering them for upgrades, I can't remember exactly how much off the top of my head (I finally have a day off so I can't check my price sheet) but rrodrig30's pricing seems about right. We are an exclusive dealer, so I'm sure the retail stores would have them for upgrade by now too! Happy shopping, that is one sweet device!
    Oh yeah, and any opinion I express in this forum is in no way indicative of the opinions of T-Mobile. I'm just running my mouth. So get mad at me, not them, OK?

Click here to pass the potato...

Click here to see cellular karma in action...

Device(s)
    Blackberry Curve 8320
    Carrier(s)
    T-Mobile USA
    Feedback Score
    Ok, here's a question for you guys. I have an MDA. I know that i can get the total internet plan for 29.99, but where i'm in school at there are only 2 hotspots and neither are near campus. On top of that, my city has no Edge whatsoever as of current. Is there anyway to talk a CSR into getting me the 19.99 internet plan?? Is there any way to do this??

Device(s)
    BB Bold 9780
    Carrier(s)
    T-Mobile US - myFaves
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by rrodrig30
    MDA is 350 for an upgrade with a 2 year extension. a newly activated line gets an MDA for $400, plus a $35 activation fee, but you get $50 mail in rebate
    MDA is $349.99 after mail-in rebates with a two-year, however new customers get the device for $349.99 after rebates as well on a ONE YEAR! My advice is upgrade however stick to the 1-year pricing of $399.99, don't take the extra $50 for the extra 12 months of being locked up. A device like the MDA will need a replacement surely within 12 months, let alone 24. And ultimately the value to lock up for 2-years isn't there. So much for the "Just Like New" idea

Device(s)
    BB Bold 9780
    Carrier(s)
    T-Mobile US - myFaves
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by eep02b
    Ok, here's a question for you guys. I have an MDA. I know that i can get the total internet plan for 29.99, but where i'm in school at there are only 2 hotspots and neither are near campus. On top of that, my city has no Edge whatsoever as of current. Is there anyway to talk a CSR into getting me the 19.99 internet plan?? Is there any way to do this??
    Speak with the save department, dial 611 and say "Cancel." They are the only ones that can do it however if you are already imprisoned into a contract, chances are slim that they will extend the offer usually given to customers that are chain-free.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by eep02b
    If you've had your service a while and could get retentions on the phone, maybe. Otherwise your chances are extremely low...
    Left the wireless world...haven't looked back yet...

Device(s)
    Motorola Q9H
    Carrier(s)
    T-mobile
    Feedback Score
    If I took over someone else's contract (COR), would it be the same as if I signed a new one year contract? If the previous owner of the line had 3 months left before (8 month of service) an eligible upgrade, would it start at 0 if I took over? In other words, would I have to wait 3 months or 11 months before I am eligible for an upgrade?

Device(s)
    Carrier(s)
    Tmobile
    Feedback Score
    since you guys are veteran tmo employees i was wondering how long does it take to transfer an existing line to an employee line? but its not under my name but i am an authorized user?

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by kilcher
    If I took over someone else's contract (COR), would it be the same as if I signed a new one year contract? If the previous owner of the line had 3 months left before (8 month of service) an eligible upgrade, would it start at 0 if I took over? In other words, would I have to wait 3 months or 11 months before I am eligible for an upgrade?
    A new one year contract starts. Also, the upgrade eligibility is reset. So it's better to get the upgrade and then do the Change of Responsibility, otherwise you'll have to wait an entire year before you can upgrade.

Feedback Score
    A new one year contract starts. Also, the upgrade eligibility is reset. So it's better to get the upgrade and then do the Change of Responsibility, otherwise you'll have to wait an entire year before you can upgrade.
    Although you're right that the upgrade eligibility is reset to 0 - there is something I need to correct:

A new one year contract only starts if the person taking over the number chooses to change the plan to a new promotional plan. If they keep the current plan, or move to a non-promotional plan, they are just going to continue where the previous contract was.

Example: Jane does a COR, taking over Bobbi Sue-Ann's line; and chooses to keep the existing rate plan Bobbi Sue-Ann had: she is just taking over the contract, her contract is complete in 3 months; not 12.
    My opinions and statements are not in any way affiliated with or endorsed by T-Mobile USA
    or Deutsche Telekom AG, and do not reflect their policies or procedures.

Feedback Score
    that's some good info. I didn't know that. So does that include plans where free nights and weekends are included? Or do they have to give up the free nights in order to just pick up the contract right from where the other person left off?

Feedback Score
    that's some good info. I didn't know that. So does that include plans where free nights and weekends are included? Or do they have to give up the free nights in order to just pick up the contract right from where the other person left off?

If the original account holder has the Nationwide Get More 600 with Nights and weekends for 39.99 and the new user takes over that line without changing the plan, they will be carrying over the existing contract: not a new contract.

Now lets say a customer is moving from their employeer's Enterprise 50 plan, well then obviously they will not be carrying over the 50,000 minute pooling plan and will have to choose a new plan, and if that plan is a promo, it will require a contract.

Page 4 of 152 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 54 104 ... LastLast