Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Setting up Fido WAP/E-mail/MMS on Sony Ericsson Handsets (SE Configurator Tutorial)

Carrier(s)
    Fido
    Feedback Score

Setting up Fido WAP/E-mail/MMS on Sony Ericsson Handsets (SE Configurator Tutorial)

For common settings to some Sony Ericsson (& other Brands) phones, see this POST by fidog.

For phones not listed there, you can use Sony Ericsson's online configurator. To do so, you must...
    1. Go to Sony Ericsson's Website (http://www.sonyericsson.com) and go into the Canada Region.

2. Click on the "Support" Tab at the top.

3. Click on "Phone Setup".

4. Select your phone model. (If the model of the phone is not listed, select a model that is closest to your phone; after a few more steps you'll be able to select your exact model)

5. Click on the appropiate link for WAP, E-mail, or MMS settings. Then follow the step by step instructions.

The following will be a step by step example for setting up GPRS on a Sony Ericsson p910a.
    1. Select your phone model (or closest model) after completing Step #3 above.

2. Click on the "WAP" link.

3. You'll be brought to the WAP setup page. On this page select your exact phone model and hit submit.

4. Now select "Canada" in the country drop-down list and hit submit.

5. Select "Fido" on the list of networks and hit submit.

6. Select "GPRS" for the network setup type and hit submit.

7. Enter the corresponding Security match phrase and enter your phone number in the format +1[Area Code][Phone Number], then hit submit.

8. Now wait for a text-message to arrive on your Sony Ericsson Handset, and follow the instructions on the webpage!

EDIT: It should also be noted that for MMS/GPRS to work, it must've been enabled by Fido Customer Service. Dial 611 from your handset or 1-888-481-FIDO (3436) from anywhere to activate if you have not already done so.
    Last edited by SChan; 02-21-2006 at 03:46 PM.

Carrier(s)
    Fido... I mean rogers...whatever it's all the same
    Feedback Score

Carrier(s)
    Fido
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by didouche
    LOL... didouche... it ain't a repost. The post you provided (I also provided in the first sentence of my walkthrough) is only listing the settings out for several phones, while this post is a walkthrough for all SE phones.

Carrier(s)
    Fido... I mean rogers...whatever it's all the same
    Feedback Score
    the first link that is in this FAQ is for setting up all SE phones... it's the same link u provided... I like ur thread but it does the same thing the mms/wap faq does

Carrier(s)
    Fido
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by didouche
    the first link that is in this FAQ is for setting up all SE phones... it's the same link u provided... I like ur thread but it does the same thing the mms/wap faq does
    Not really... I'm guessing you are referring to the link to the SE Configurator Website in fidog's MMS/WAP faq. Unlike that faq, this is a step by step guide which is not present in that faq.

Feedback Score
    hey i have this w810i and get at the txt to install accept it and all that then when i goto launch my mobille browser i get this message.

"Something is wrong with the page you tried to access. Choose another link."

Feedback Score

SONY ERICSSON K550i WITH FIDO

SOMEBODY PLEASE HELP ME. I AM WITH FIDO. THE S/E WEBSITE HAS ALWAYS BEEN GOOD IN SENDING THE SETTINGS FOR ALL MY PREVIOUS S/E PHONES. HOWEVER THE SETTINGS THEY ARE SENDING ME FOR MY K550i JUST DONT SEEM TO WORK I CAN USE THEIR BROWSER, BUT NO MMS AND NO EMAILS. WHATS GOING ON?? CAN SOMEBODY HELP ME PLEASE??

Carrier(s)
    Virgin Mobile
    Feedback Score
    caps lock is cruise control for cool, minaz.

Feedback Score

Gmail on K550i for Fido

Quote Originally Posted by minaz
    SOMEBODY PLEASE HELP ME. I AM WITH FIDO. THE S/E WEBSITE HAS ALWAYS BEEN GOOD IN SENDING THE SETTINGS FOR ALL MY PREVIOUS S/E PHONES. HOWEVER THE SETTINGS THEY ARE SENDING ME FOR MY K550i JUST DONT SEEM TO WORK I CAN USE THEIR BROWSER, BUT NO MMS AND NO EMAILS. WHATS GOING ON?? CAN SOMEBODY HELP ME PLEASE??

i haven't tested MMS yet, but for Email, I used a combination of this post:
    http://www.howardforums.com/showthread.php?t=647094

and these settings:
    Fido GPRS
    APN: internet.fido.ca
    username and password are both: fido
    IP address and DNS address are both left blank.

Gmail now works on my K550i

Device(s)
    Nokia 5310 XM
    Carrier(s)
    Fido
    Feedback Score
    Did the GPSR for prepaid change recently? I can no longer go onto internet from my phone.
    I have a SE T630 and I used this tutorial to set up GPSR before and did again but no luck.

any help?
    We should chill and relax instead of fighting all the time

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by minaz

Anyone figure this out?

I get the settings from the Ericsson site, but I am still unable to send/receive MMS? I've verified that I can indeed send MMS messages with my old nokia fido branded phone, so what am I missing?

I want to share pics I take with this camera phone :P

I can browse the net with either internet profiles (WAP or MMS) that is setup from the ericsson site...

Device(s)
    Blackberry Bold 9000
    Carrier(s)
    Fido
    Feedback Score

Z710i

Does anyone have the settings for a Z710i unlocked and on a Fido prepaid plan. Have tried download from SE site for WAP,and MMS but they don't work.

Device(s)
    iPhone 4S
    Carrier(s)
    Bell
    Feedback Score
    Believe it or not, when i go to http://www.sonyericssson.com i always choose UK as my home country, because i find that SE shows all the phone models there, and after selecting your phone, then your country, you will see all respective providers and i always get the right settings.

For some reason when you select canada or usa, you just dont get the dropdown menu of all models of phones, you just get the models that SE officially sells in those areas!

Hope this helps

Device(s)
    SE k850i
    Carrier(s)
    Fido
    Feedback Score
    Guys,

I'm having a bit of a problem.

I have tried updating Internet settings, along with email settings through the SE website to my unlocked k850i which is on the Fido network. I do not have a dataplan obviously because I don’t have a Fido specific phone, but I would still like to set up these features so I have them if I were to need them.

Picture messaging seems to take the settings, however when I send a picture message it just stays in my outbox and will not send to an email or phone number.

When ever I send the settings from the SE website it gives me my pin number and everything fine, I get the text message which says yes to install. I do this and it says “Settings not valid. Check with your provider and try again.”

Anyone have any ideas on this one?

Device(s)
    iphone 3g 8gb
    Carrier(s)
    Fido
    Feedback Score
    I did all of this for my z710i and when I try to get into my gmail it says finding server for awhile and then just says, server not found, any idea why?

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast