Page 1 of 11 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 LastLast

Thread: Help with V325 and USB cable

Device(s)
    V325
    Feedback Score

Help with V325 and USB cable

Hi. I'm trying to get my V325 (verizon) to work with Mobile Phone Tools 4. I've done the Seem edit to allow the upload of ringtone and pictures. This works ok as long as I set the phone to "V323M", but the "File Transfer Studio" just locks up whenever I try to browse the files on the phone. Seems like I can send stuff to the phone no problem, but getting files off the phone to my PC locks up MPT. I have the latest version of MPT, btw.

Any ideas? Anyone using the "File Transfer Studio"?

I can't get Total Commander with the P2K plugin to work either.

Thanks in advance.

Device(s)
    Blackberry Storm
    Carrier(s)
    Verizon
    Feedback Score
    I have the same problem with mine, and I'm using v3.28. I can only send stuff, and if I try to browse the phone, the program locks up and disconnects. Half the time trying to send stuff will lock up the program too.

Sometimes I -am- able to browse the directories (rarely), but I have never been able to successfully retrieve files back.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by ugotd8
    Hi. I'm trying to get my V325 (verizon) to work with Mobile Phone Tools 4. I've done the Seem edit to allow the upload of ringtone and pictures. This works ok as long as I set the phone to "V323M", but the "File Transfer Studio" just locks up whenever I try to browse the files on the phone. Seems like I can send stuff to the phone no problem, but getting files off the phone to my PC locks up MPT. I have the latest version of MPT, btw.
    V325 and V323 are only compatible with the usbser.sys from Windows XP. Which is fine, except that (in most circumstances) they share a USB PID with the V710 and V265 -- phones which are only compatible with the usbser.sys from Windows 2000. (sucks, huh?)

Here's what I would do:

0) Unplug your phone.

1) Download and run the DriverTool:

http://www.bvrp.com/Customers/Motorola/DriverTool.zip

2) The original copies of the INF files will be placed in your NT user profile directory, along with the driver log which will tell you the file names of the OEM*.INF precopied versions that are in C:\WINNT or WINDOWS\INF.

3) Open the driver log (C:\Documents and Settings\your user\Motorola_Driver_Log.txt) and find the three OEM*.INF and *.PNF files that were copied to C:\WINDOWS\INF (this is denoted at the end of the log) and then head to C:\WINDOWS\INF and delete them.

4) Similarly, delete any INF/PNF backups that might exist in your NT user profile directory (starting with 10xxxxxxx.INF/PNF).

5) Then open USBMOT2000.INF. Find the line for USB PID 0x22B8 / 0x2A22, and remove it.

6) Go into USBMOT2000XP.INF, and add a few lines for 0x2A22. Like this:

; V325 / V323 product ID
    %USBMOTMODEM% = USBMOTOXP, USB\VID_22B8&PID_2A22

7) Plug in your phone. When it asks for drivers, point it at your profile directory.

8) After everything is finished, Device Manager should report that Motorola USB Modem is now using "usbsermptxp.sys", and you should be all set.

Now, remember: if you have a V710, V265, A840, etc. also, they're not going to work any more! If you want them to start working again, run DriverTool again.

Device(s)
    V325
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by a1b2c3d4e5
    V325 and V323 are only compatible with the usbser.sys from Windows XP. Which is fine, except that (in most circumstances) they share a USB PID with the V710 and V265 -- phones which are only compatible with the usbser.sys from Windows 2000. (sucks, huh?)

Here's what I would do:

0) Unplug your phone.

1) Download and run the DriverTool:

http://www.bvrp.com/Customers/Motorola/DriverTool.zip

2) The original copies of the INF files will be placed in your NT user profile directory, along with the driver log which will tell you the file names of the OEM*.INF precopied versions that are in C:\WINNT or WINDOWS\INF.

3) Open the driver log (C:\Documents and Settings\your user\Motorola_Driver_Log.txt) and find the three OEM*.INF and *.PNF files that were copied to C:\WINDOWS\INF (this is denoted at the end of the log) and then head to C:\WINDOWS\INF and delete them.

4) Similarly, delete any INF/PNF backups that might exist in your NT user profile directory (starting with 10xxxxxxx.INF/PNF).

5) Then open USBMOT2000.INF. Find the line for USB PID 0x22B8 / 0x2A22, and remove it.

6) Go into USBMOT2000XP.INF, and add a few lines for 0x2A22. Like this:

; V325 / V323 product ID
    %USBMOTMODEM% = USBMOTOXP, USB\VID_22B8&PID_2A22

7) Plug in your phone. When it asks for drivers, point it at your profile directory.

8) After everything is finished, Device Manager should report that Motorola USB Modem is now using "usbsermptxp.sys", and you should be all set.

Now, remember: if you have a V710, V265, A840, etc. also, they're not going to work any more! If you want them to start working again, run DriverTool again.
    Fantastic answer. Detailed, to the point, and most of all... IT WORKED!!!!

Note: I have to select V323M as my phone type in Motorola Phone Tools, or else the "Multimedia Studio" button is greyed out. Not a problem though, I was able to drag-n-drop files in each direction.

Thank you so much!

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by ugotd8
    Note: I have to select V323M as my phone type in Motorola Phone Tools, or else the "Multimedia Studio" button is greyed out.
    Well, yeah. You're not supposed to get in there with a V325. Of course, you've subverted that, so..

Device(s)
    Blackberry Storm
    Carrier(s)
    Verizon
    Feedback Score
    Thanks alot! Works perfect! I don't have to cross my fingers wen I use this now!

Device(s)
    Motorola vu204
    Carrier(s)
    Verizon
    Feedback Score
    Thanks! I've had this problem since I got my phone.

Feedback Score
    I loved the phone while I had it but after syncing with outlook I got an error message "unauthorized" then the phone would only give the message "searching for network". I never got back to the main page again... After many battery pull outs still no luck.

I returned it to the store. Has anyone come across this issue. Is anyone having any luck syncing with outlook.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by finger123
    I loved the phone while I had it but after syncing with outlook I got an error message "unauthorized" then the phone would only give the message "searching for network". I never got back to the main page again... After many battery pull outs still no luck.
    This was syncing your calendar and contacts to a V325? Or just one of those?

Feedback Score
    Actually it was just my calendar. All I want in a phone is one that is NOT the size of a palm pilot and one that I can easily sync with outlook. This does not seem to be a huge request but I guess the phone manuf. would rather concentrate on providing stupid ringtones for teens. It really annoys me.

Device(s)
    Motorola E815
    Carrier(s)
    Verizon
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by finger123
    Actually it was just my calendar. All I want in a phone is one that is NOT the size of a palm pilot and one that I can easily sync with outlook. This does not seem to be a huge request but I guess the phone manuf. would rather concentrate on providing stupid ringtones for teens. It really annoys me.
    I just bought 2 Motorola E815's and MPT software (Mobil Phone Tools). The phone is not the thinest or the smallest but it ranks right in there, has a lot of features even without any mods, good sound, fair amount of accessories available etc. You might want to take a look at that and BTW, in my experience, always buy your phone from your provider when they have a special deal on for initial sign up or up grade and NEVER buy any accessories from them.. Thankyou eBay!!!! The 2 E815's were 19.95 each for upgrade special.

Device(s)
    Motorola v325 (mine)
    Carrier(s)
    Verizon
    Feedback Score

Question Motorola v325 (newbie)

OK, I knew the limitations of the v325, but I also knew of this forum and the likelihood of "workarounds". However, I am brand new at this, so.....
    1. are the Motorola Mobile Phone Tools a good buy?
    Suggestions as to where I can "see what they do"?
    or can folks summarize?
    download ringtones; sync with (what?) address book? other?
    2. can they be made to work with the Verizon model?
    seems that there are procedures outlined here
    people are happy with them?
    any downsides?

remember, I can learn, but am currently pretty ignorant.
    Thanks!
    -ceej

Device(s)
    Motorola E815
    Carrier(s)
    Verizon
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by ceej
    OK, I knew the limitations of the v325, but I also knew of this forum and the likelihood of "workarounds". However, I am brand new at this, so.....
    1. are the Motorola Mobile Phone Tools a good buy?
    Suggestions as to where I can "see what they do"?
    or can folks summarize?
    download ringtones; sync with (what?) address book? other?
    2. can they be made to work with the Verizon model?
    seems that there are procedures outlined here
    people are happy with them?
    any downsides?

remember, I can learn, but am currently pretty ignorant.
    Thanks!
    -ceej
    Well I am also quite the newbie on this forum, I just bought two Motorola E815's and also MPT (E815's from Verizon as a cheap upgrade for a lot of new and more features at $19.95 each)

This was an upgrade from my two Qualcomm 860's so everyone can giggle and laugh at me for that, but then the old antiques just worked really well and still do.

Anyway back to your question about MPT. The big issue here for me was the ability to enter all the contact information on my laptop and then get it into the phones. To be able to do that on the computer versus doing it on the key pad of the cell phone was huge for me.

I entered everything in the primary list and then it is just a hook up each phone and highlight the listings you want for that phone, hit tranfer and bingo, it is all done. You do need to set up a profile for each phone/person in the software, but the software does allow you to set up a different profile for multiple users and each can have a customized list.

Haven't tried the MS Outlook import/export thing as yet, since I don't use that at home, but that could even make it faster and more convenient.

Best price I have found was a download from a seller on eBay at about $9.00. If you go shopping be sure to check the version that you are getting and current is 4.0+ Mine is 4.04 and that is current as of 3-5-06.

Also there could be some cable issues in installing and using the software. I reccommend a real OEM cable for your phone. Also available on eBay and other sellers.

For me, just being able to do all the contacts info in the laptop keyboard instead of the keypad on the phone times 2 was well worth the $9.00. There is much more you can do with the software like transfering pics and such without any mods to the phone.... with some mods you can do a lot more.

Hope this helps a little for what you wanted to know.

Device(s)
    Motorola v325
    Carrier(s)
    Verizon Wireless
    Feedback Score

Seem Edit Details

Can you point me to the specific SEEM EDIT that you used for your v325 that you mentioned here to allow the upload of ringtones and pictures to the v325?

Did this SEEM EDIT actually enable the MultiMedia Studio in Mobile Phone Tools, or was it a work-around? If you didn't use MPT, what did you use to do these transfers? Did this also allow you to get the photos off of the phone and on to your PC/Laptop?

I am going slowly on this, reading all that I can, especially this: http://www.v710.org/mark/index.htm. But, there really isn't much out there yet specifically about the v325. So, any and all HELP is greatly appreciated.

DC

Device(s)
    Motorola vu204
    Carrier(s)
    Verizon
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by ffmedic1638
    Can you point me to the specific SEEM EDIT that you used for your v325 that you mentioned here to allow the upload of ringtones and pictures to the v325?

Did this SEEM EDIT actually enable the MultiMedia Studio in Mobile Phone Tools, or was it a work-around? If you didn't use MPT, what did you use to do these transfers? Did this also allow you to get the photos off of the phone and on to your PC/Laptop?

I am going slowly on this, reading all that I can, especially this: http://www.v710.org/mark/index.htm. But, there really isn't much out there yet specifically about the v325. So, any and all HELP is greatly appreciated.

DC
    I followed the instructions at:
    http://www.v710.org/mark/V710_SeemEdit.htm

Page 1 of 11 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 LastLast