Page 5 of 11 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 LastLast

Thread: Help with V325 and USB cable

Feedback Score
    Success! I got PST to work, did my seem edit, and I can transfer files now. Glory be!

Now I just have to use these features enough to justify all the time I put in it.

Now...last question. Where do the mp3 files go once I transfer them? I can't find them.

Feedback Score
    I have a few more questions.

What driver are we supposed to use for MPT?

And, at one point, I WAS able to get the seem but as soon as the PK edit program loaded it, the program would shut off. Anyone heard of something like that?

And lastly, I noticed all this stuff with MPT....

WHAT should I do first?

MPT or all the other stuff?

I went back into my device manager at one point, and noticed that the moto USB modem was GONE!

I must not be doing something correct.

Do we use the same drivers for EVERYTHING?

Device(s)
    Motorola v325
    Carrier(s)
    Verizon
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by MoldPrince
    Success! I got PST to work, did my seem edit, and I can transfer files now. Glory be!

Now I just have to use these features enough to justify all the time I put in it.

Now...last question. Where do the mp3 files go once I transfer them? I can't find them.
    Good to hear ...
    The mp3s can be found under sound settings. I had that same problem: (they didnt show up in the ringtones section.) I forgot who, but someone on here posted that if you change the file extension from mp3 to mid before transfering to your phone, the song will show up with the rest of your ringtones...

I've yet to try it though, but seems logical.
    -Sent

(Shooter, glad u got yours working too.)

Device(s)
    Motorola v325
    Carrier(s)
    Verizon
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by zenfold
    I have a few more questions.

What driver are we supposed to use for MPT?

And, at one point, I WAS able to get the seem but as soon as the PK edit program loaded it, the program would shut off. Anyone heard of something like that?

And lastly, I noticed all this stuff with MPT....

WHAT should I do first?

MPT or all the other stuff?

I went back into my device manager at one point, and noticed that the moto USB modem was GONE!

I must not be doing something correct.

Do we use the same drivers for EVERYTHING?
    Not too sure why your getting those problems, but I'd say follow the steps in order.
    MPT is not till last, when you've got the correct drivers already installed, are able to connect to your phone via PST, and have seem edited your phone with P2K.

Id recommend opening up Device Manager, and removing all your motorola drivers and starting from scratch. If you'd like to configure the driver files produced with DriverTool.exe yourself, go ahead, but I've already supplied a link to working, edited drivers for the v325 on here.(A few posts back). Anyhow, when you first connect the phone, a series of hardware install screen repeatedly come up asking for drivers. Just point it to the folder which contains the correctly edited v325 drivers.

After that, this is really a piece of cake. (Provided you follow the seem edit instructions correctly.)

Good luck...hope this helped.
    -Sent

Feedback Score
    Yaay! I got it to work last night.

I was going into MPT first..
    I didn't know.
    Thank you all SO much for this! It works great.

Now I have to play around with other seems and see what else I can do with my phone! You guys rock.

Device(s)
    Motorola v325
    Carrier(s)
    Verizon
    Feedback Score

Help for a Newcomer

I'm confused. The insturctions seem to be for a V710 phone, and there are no specifications on what exactly to do for a v325 phone. Could somebody walk me through the process? I have a legitimate copy of the Motorola Phone Tools 4.0 and a cable, but I could not get the other software to work.

Also, are V3C and V3M actual phones, or phone catagories?
    Last edited by crazedfred; 07-15-2006 at 05:39 PM. Reason: another question

Device(s)
    Personal - Too Many.. see link in my signature
    Carrier(s)
    Personal - Verizon Wireless (CDMA) |
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by crazedfred
    I'm confused. The insturctions seem to be for a V710 phone, and there are no specifications on what exactly to do for a v325 phone. Could somebody walk me through the process?
    As posted earlier in this thread.. Follow the seem edit guide as if you have a V710.. i.e. exactly the same values as show in the Seem Edit Link at http://mark.cdmaforums.com....

THE ONLY DIFFERENCE... Use the driver posted by {TWS}Sentinel in Post #51 of this thread... INSTEAD Of the drivertool.zip linked at http://mark.cdmaforums.com...

i.e. download the driver.. unzip it.. plug your phone in.. when windows asks about the driver, point it to the folder you unzipped that driver too...

When it comes to MPT, again, follow the instructions there but when it comes to manually configuring MPT for your phone... Pick V323M...

Also, are V3C and V3M actual phones, or phone catagories?
    V3C and V3M are actual phones.. the Razr's...
    Verizon Wireless Customer Council Member
    Verizon PHONE Hacking Info & How To's click -> HERE, <-- If you have suggestions PM me
    Need Help? PLEASE POST IN THE FORUMS instead of PM'ing me!!
    Read -> An Open Letter to those who PM me for help!

New to forums? -> Posting and you! <-a MUST Watch for all!!

Equipment I Have/USE click here, Phone Labs Dock-N-Talk...

Device(s)
    Motorola v325
    Carrier(s)
    Verizon
    Feedback Score
    Sadly, there is nothing to actually run in the downloadable zip, and while I have decent technical experience with computers, hardware drivers is not amongst it. So, I should uninstall the Motorola Phone Tools, and plug my phone in with no software installed so it asks me about the phone driver? I cannot find the driver manager.
    Last edited by crazedfred; 07-16-2006 at 01:36 AM.

Device(s)
    Motorola v325
    Carrier(s)
    Verizon
    Feedback Score
    Sadly, there is nothing to actually run in the downloadable zip, and while I have decent technical experience with computers, hardware drivers is not amongst it. So, I should uninstall the Motorola Phone Tools, and plug my phone in with no software installed so it asks me about the phone driver? I cannot find the driver manager.
    Sorry but you might want to read a little more carefully. There are several posts here which clearly dictate how to get the phone working.

Here's another quick step guide:

1. Download all software and install.
    (Motorola PST, P2kSeem, Moto MPT 4, v325 Drivers)

2. Plug in phone and install CORRECT drivers.
    Meaning: unzip the drivers file you downloaded into a folder. When you plug in the phone, a series of hardware install screens will recursively come up. Just point all of them to the folder of drivers you just unzipped.

3. Open up Motorola PST and make sure it connects.
    (Follow the more thorough guide to find out more.)

4. Seem edit your phone with P2KSeem.
    (With MotoPST still open and connected, seem edit your phone.)

5. Open/Configure Motorola Phone Tools.
    (Lastly open up MPT and configure it by pressing F6. Look back to the guide for more info.)

For the full process here and how to seem edit correctly go here:
    http://mark.cdmaforums.com/HowTo.htm

Take your time with the process and you will see how simple it really is. Just do one step at a time. You'll be able to connect in no-time.

Device(s)
    Motorola v325
    Carrier(s)
    Verizon
    Feedback Score
    Right. I double-re-read the whole thread again and the puzzle pieces are starting to come together. Thank you for your patience with my lack of understanding.

One thing: when I am reinstalling the drivers, windows wanted me to open a specific file. I shrugged and told it to look at "USBMOT2000XP.INF", then it seemed to just look at the folder I had unzipped the new driver into. That's good. But now it wants me to chose from "2.0.0.6 [1/11/2005]", or several, identical listings of "3.4.0.0 [10/17/2005]". Which one works with the v325? Or am I missing something that was pre-posted?

In a pitiful attempt to be helpful I uploaded a screenshot of the step I am on:
    http://www.usfamily.net/web/ddk/down...ne_Drivers.JPG

I'm sure you'll roll your eyes at my lack of proficiency, but I'm reluctant to guess-install a driver that I'm not sure how to properly uninstall.

Also, you want me to plug in the phone and have the computer run the New Hardware wizard. By this, do you mean I should install Phone Tools first, remove their driver, and then install the new one? Or Install the good driver and then Phone Tools? I am currently attempting the former.

Oh, and Motorola Phone Tools runs a LiveUpdate to get new software, and it gets a 4.03 to 4.04 updtae and installs it. Should I let this run?
    Last edited by crazedfred; 07-16-2006 at 10:31 AM.

Device(s)
    Motorola v325
    Carrier(s)
    Verizon
    Feedback Score
    Alrighty. After taking a break and look at the various guides again I'm getting a more coherent picture. Here's what I think you want me to do:

1) Install Motorola Phone Tools.
    2) Go to System -> Hardware -> Device Manager -> Modems and REMOVE the Motorola USB driver.
    3) Unzip the "Motorola v325 Phone Drivers.zip" to a folder. Plug in my v325. When the hardware wizard comes up, point it to the folder (see above post for my question on this step).
    4) Install this PST tool. The "readme.txt" file is not very coherent but I think it wants me to copy the EXE's into Motorola's PST folder and do something... "Click the button above the next button." isn't very specific, but we'll get to that when I get there. Mark's site is informative but didn't lay it out.
    5) Install P2K Seem and follow the instructions on Mark's website. That part I think I understand, once I get a driver working.

Am I on the same page?

Feedback Score
    For crying out loud, man..

Just run this installer:

http://home.comcast.net/~a1b2c3/Driv...V325_V323m.exe

It's a special version of DriverTool that will load the XP driver for any V325 or V323m (with the 0x2A22 PID, or 0x2AC2 PID).

This will get the programs working that use the modem interface (MPT and I suppose this 'BitPim' application..)

Feedback Score

Question Problem with V551

Hate to get annoying and ask the same questions as the people before me, but...

I just installed MPT and everything seems to work great except photo AND video file transfer. I can access the multimedia section (not with Verizon), I can transfer my sound files but can't seem to access my photo's or videos from my mobile and transfer them to my pc.

I keep getting some "Whitespace not allowed at this location" message.

Any Solutions?

-Tj

Device(s)
    Personal - Too Many.. see link in my signature
    Carrier(s)
    Personal - Verizon Wireless (CDMA) |
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by TKS95
    I keep getting some "Whitespace not allowed at this location" message.

Any Solutions?
    Yeah, BVRP's support forum has this documented...

see -> http://www.bvrpforums.com/motorola/viewtopic.php?t=39

Normally I'd suggest you use BitPim to view the file system and delete the corrupt picture or tone..

BUT your post says you have V551... I think that is a GSM phone, right (i.e. Cingular or T-Mobile)?? if so, you'll want to use P2KCommander.. as BitPim only works with CDMA Phones...
    Last edited by Mark_Venture; 07-17-2006 at 02:54 PM.

Feedback Score

Still no luck

Thanks for the reply...

I checked out the link and thought it makes sense, it still doesn't fix the problem.

I can't view ANY of my pics from the phone on my pc via MPT.
    None of my files have a "-", "/", "&", etc.
    None of them even go past 36 characters, yet I still have the same problem.

Any other ideas?
    Yeah, I do think it is is a GSM phone, and as for the Bitrate thingy-ma-jig.. I have no idea what your referring to (am new to this whole thing).

-Tj

Page 5 of 11 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 LastLast