Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: 800 # to check voicemail?

Phone
    Apple iPhone
    Carrier
    AT&T
    Feedback Score

800 # to check voicemail?

Is there a toll-free number I can use to log into my Verizon Wireless phone and check my messages?

Carrier
    Verizon
    Feedback Score
    I don't think so... you can call *86 from the phone, or your phone number from any phone and press # during your greeting (if you press it after your greeting, it thinks you want to leave a message, so you'll have to hang up and try again) and enter your password to check your messages.

Phone
    Apple iPhone
    Carrier
    AT&T
    Feedback Score
    The problem with that is that my boss wants me to check his messages for him on his cell because he has this annoying habit of saving them all and it ends up getting filled up, and it's just annoying that everytime I try calling his # then getting the messages, he answerse, then I have to tell him not to pick up because I'm calling again to check messages.

Trying to make my life easier!

Phones
    Joined HoFo: April 2002
    Feedback Score
    Don't know of any 800 numbers, but there are local "Voicemail Backdoor" numbers in each area. For example

408-568-6300 and 408-483-6300 in San Jose, 602-206-9200 in Phoenix, etc.

Search the HoFo Verizon Forum for the "Voicemail Backdoor" threads with lists of backdoor numbers.

(Search HoFo? Yeah, right. Good luck)
    Last edited by Life-Is-Good; 02-25-2006 at 10:16 PM.

Phone
    Apple iPhone
    Carrier
    AT&T
    Feedback Score
    Neither of those numbers are finding the mailbox. It's a 917 number in NYC, so would I have to find a 917 backdoor?

Phones
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Spaceboy88
    . . . so would I have to find a 917 backdoor?
    You have to find a local number. The backdoor numbers are local numbers. They do not cover their entire Area Code.

For example 408-568-6300 and 408-483-6300 only cover the west side of San Jose using the VZW switch in Santa Clara, not the east side of San Jose or any of the rest of the 408 Area Code.
    Last edited by Life-Is-Good; 02-25-2006 at 10:39 PM.

Phone
    Omnia i910
    Carrier
    Verizon Wireless
    Feedback Score
    I just tried the 408-568-6300 backdoor number and it worked for my Appleton, WI number.

Phone
    Apple iPhone
    Carrier
    AT&T
    Feedback Score
    Number works for my 917 number too. Thanks!

Phones
    Motorola W 385
    Nokia 2128i (back up)
    BT Headset Motorola H700
    Carrier
    Verizon
    Feedback Score
    ( Life-Is-Good ) Just curious, are those 2 numbers considered mobile to mobile calls or just regular calls?

Phones
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by hypercooljake
    I just tried the 408-568-6300 backdoor number and it worked for my Appleton, WI number
    Hey! Glad it worked!

I had better stop posting incorrect information in this thread before I spoil my reputation. I guess I drank too much ??? before I posted that stuff last night

A while back there WERE several threads in the HoFo Verizon forum that listed lots of local backdoor numbers around the country.

I am unable to GUESS whether these calls are mobile-to-mobile or just regular calls.

Now where did I put my glass of ??? (I only drink distilled water - and that's the truth, heh)
    Last edited by Life-Is-Good; 02-26-2006 at 04:13 PM.

Phones
    MOTOROLA V9M
    MOTOROLA E815
    LG VX8700
    Carrier
    Verizon Wireless
    Feedback Score
    does anybody know what the 505 area code number is?

Phones
    Bionic, Thunderbolt, iPhone4, Droid X, Incredible, Droid, Devour, Omnia II, Tour, Storm, Curve,
    Pearl, Touch, Q9m, Dare, Voyager,
    Chocolate, Flipshot, Juke, Mobi, Alias, Boulder, Razr, 2128i, VX7000
    Carrier
    Verizon Wireless
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Spaceboy88
    The problem with that is that my boss wants me to check his messages for him on his cell because he has this annoying habit of saving them all and it ends up getting filled up, and it's just annoying that everytime I try calling his # then getting the messages, he answerse, then I have to tell him not to pick up because I'm calling again to check messages.

Trying to make my life easier!
    If you also have a VZW phone, you can dial into your own voicemail box, then when you hear the prompt to "restart the session" (usually "5" from the main menu), do that.

It will then ask you to enter the number of the voicemail box you want to check.

As long as you know your bosse's password, you will be into his voicemail box without his phone ever ringing.
    Member, Verizon Wireless Customer Council

Carrier
    U.S.: Verizon, T-Mobile USA; CH: Sunrise; D: Vodafone
    Feedback Score
    I'm wondering if someone knows a backdoor number for the Salt Lake, Utah area. The numbers published on the internet do not work anymore after Verizon moved us to a different voicemail platform. My guess is that every voicemail platform has voicemail backdoor numbers but that nobody has figured the new ones out yet... so I guess my question is if anyone from the area knows a way for a backdoor voicemail number???

Phones
    LG Decoy VX8610
    Motorola i450
    Motorola v325 (retired)
    Carriers
    Verizon Wireless (primary)
    Feedback Score
    You could use busy-no-answer forwarding (*71 in many markets) to forward your calls to a toll free number voicemail service. One of the cheapest ones I know is http://www.kall8.com at $2 per month plus 6.9 cents a minute for usage. Others here may know of something even cheaper.

Phones
    MOT Droid Mini,
    Home Phone Connect,
    MOT Droid 3,
    Carriers
    Verizon Wireless, Page Plus
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Life-Is-Good
    You have to find a local number. The backdoor numbers are local numbers. They do not cover their entire Area Code.

For example 408-568-6300 and 408-483-6300 only cover the west side of San Jose using the VZW switch in Santa Clara, not the east side of San Jose or any of the rest of the 408 Area Code.
    I have no problems using a local back door number in one state (one A/C), to check my VZW cell number messages in another state (a different A/C). I think any back door number gets you into the VZW VM system. Though, possibly it is only regional?

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast