I've noticed the same...

Feedback Score
    Thanks. This FAQ is useful to me...

Device(s)
    Treo 680 crimson
    Carrier(s)
    Fido
    Feedback Score
    I'm on Treo 680 with Fido Prepaid. Can I use my Fido when I'm in the United States???

Device(s)
    Treo 680 crimson
    Carrier(s)
    Fido
    Feedback Score
    Just got off the phone w Fido Rep who told me that I can use my phone in the States at a cost of $2.50/min or text for $0.40

Feedback Score
    Minor addition: Fido will not allow automatic refills if your prepaid balance goes over $100. That has been the case ever since automatic refills were introduced, although this policy is undocumented anywhere you can easily find. CSRs don't know the reason, so feel free to speculate.

Feedback Score
    And a bit more (from a Fido CSR):
    - Fido also won't allow online refills from the web site if your balance is over $125
    - The balance limit for automatic credit card refills is $125 now
    - There's a second higher limit level of $500 where you have to speak personally to a CSR to refill

Once again, many Fido CSRs seem to be unaware of this, so don't be surprised if the first few you ask about it deny that there's any such policy.

Device(s)
    Unlocked Rogers Blackberry Q10 | LG Nexus-4 | Samsung Nexus-S
    Carrier(s)
    Fido | Rogers Prepaid | LycaMobile US | Bell | T-Mobile Prepaid
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Ceara
    And a bit more (from a Fido CSR):
    - Fido also won't allow online refills from the web site if your balance is over $125
    - The balance limit for automatic credit card refills is $125 now
    - There's a second higher limit level of $500 where you have to speak personally to a CSR to refill

Once again, many Fido CSRs seem to be unaware of this, so don't be surprised if the first few you ask about it deny that there's any such policy.
    This seems silly.

If you use your phone infrequently, it is very easy to get a balance of over $125. On my Rogers prepaid phone, I will probably have a balance of over $90 after owning it for 3 months (I purchased a $100 airtime voucher initially). When I get close to my year expiry date, I will purchase another $100 airtime voucher if it still has an expiry date of 1 year. By that time, I doubt that the balance of my airtime will be less than $50 when I have to add airtime.

I can understand that they don't want a very high balance on the prepaid account but then they should increase the expiry dates.

The primary reason why I went with Rogers prepaid over Fido prepaid was because Rogers had a 1 year expiry airtime voucher option ($100) whereas Fido did not.
    Unlimited Fido Data Plan: Netgear Aircard LTE Mobile Hotspot

My Tech Blog

Feedback Score

Text messaging US & International before June 28, 2009

On Fido's website, it displays the new rate of 25 cents. Does anyone know what is the current rate?

Carrier(s)
    Fido... I mean rogers...whatever it's all the same
    Feedback Score
    20 cents!!!!!

Feedback Score

Update to policy

Fido now allows credit card refills on prepaid even with a high existing credit balance. It's hard to say when exactly they changed policy, since the previous policy was semi-secret and there were never any announcements either way. But it's been working since Feb. 09.

Feedback Score
    Can someone give me IMEI of your Fido phone. I just bought a SIM card on eBay with 25$ but CSR asks for IMEI of Fido phone in order to give me 25$

Device(s)
    SE W810i
    Carrier(s)
    Rogers PrePaid
    Feedback Score
    Does Fido have $100 pre-paid vouchers that expire after a year? If yes, where can you get them?

Carrier(s)
    In between providers
    Feedback Score
    I'm thinking of switching to Fido. I was with another carrier that had poor coverage, recently left this carrier. I have my own phone (Samsung Galaxy S2 x) and it was unlocked by this provider. My phone was on the HSPA network with the fomer carrier.

Can I sign up for a $15 prepaid plan with the type of phone I have?

9. Activating Fido Prepiad Service. " A GSM phone operating on the 1900 and 850 MHz band that is capable of accepting Fido SIM cards (i.e. not locked to another provider)."

My phone was on HSPA service with my previous provider. Will Fido need to put a GSM sim card in or HSPA? Will my phone only have GSM coverage or will it be HSPA? I noticed the HSPA has somewhat better coverage compared to GSM at least in a few areas of the Province I travel. I live in Winnipeg.

Thanks for your help!

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2