Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread: Order processing times with Verizon Online

Feedback Score

Order processing times with Verizon Online

I ordered a free Motorola Razr VC3 last Wednesday on the Verizon online store using my new every 2 discount. Normally I would just swing by a Verizon store to get a phone but the deal said online only and I never remember to send in the mail in rebates. Since Wednesday the status of the order still says order recieved check back tomorrow. My credit card has still not been charged for the accessories I ordered with the phone.

How long does it typically take for Verizon to send out orders, and are they usually prompt with sending out tracking numbers? Its not just that I am being impatient, but since it is signature required I need to know when I will be recieving the phone so I can make sure someone is available to sign for it. I was also a little taken back that it did not say how it was being shipped or give me any shipping options when I placed the order. I probably would have payed a premium for overnight shipping so I could have gotten the phone before the weekend. If anyone would care to add their experiences from ordering from Verizon Online it would be appreciated. I am in northern Jersey about 40 miles outside of NYC if that helps. Thanks.

Phone
    BlackBerry Tour
    Carrier
    Verizon Wireless
    Feedback Score
    Why don't you just call?

Also, when did u place the order, over the weekend?

Fedex 2 biz day is standard shipping for VZ. Look @ T or W for your phone. It should ship on Monday if u placed the order over the weekend.
    A ceux qui restent...Whether times good or bad, happy or sad.

Feedback Score
    Actually I placed the order last Wednesday, March 1st. My impatience is due to the fact that the status has said check back tomorrow since then. If it has shipped already, I would like the tracking number so I can make sure someone is home if it is going to be arriving early this comming week.

What number should I call. On the order status page there is a number to check status of orders made over the phone. It does not give a number to call for orders placed on the website. Should I call the regular customer service number?

Phone
    E815
    Carrier
    Verizon
    Feedback Score
    I have the same problem. I ordered through my company web site (20% discount on Feb 28. Status still says "recieved your order. check back tomorrow."

A couple of days later I e-mailed Verizon to change the mailing address on the order and ask about the status. No answer.

Ok, I called Verizon corporate sales phone, and talked to a very nice lady. It went like this:
    - Could you check the status of my order ....
    - Sorry this order is at Irvine processing center, we don't have access to it. You should send an e-mail to them.
    - Already sent an e-mail, but haven't heard anything back. Is there a phone number I could call?
    - Sorry there is no phone number there.
    -

I don't know what suprised me more that their order tracking sucks or that there is a location that doesn't have a phone number (at a phone company, mind you )

It is not a good start.

Feedback Score
    Well, thanks for the reply, even if it only further diminished my hopes of getting my phone any time soon. The thing that annoys me is if things are backordered, it should say so on their website. If this winds up taking me a couple weeks, I probably would have payed more to get it in the store. Also like you I sent an email a couple days ago and have yet to get a response. You would think they would at least have an automated response telling you that they recieved your message and are looking into the matter.

If anyone has ordered a phone in the last couple weeks, could you say what the actual turnaround time wise, and when and if you recieved a tracking number?

Phone
    E815
    Carrier
    Verizon
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by bensonr2
    The thing that annoys me is if things are backordered, it should say so on their website.
    Yeah, you'd think they figured out by now that they need to communicate those things to the customer.

On the other hand, I've been following this board for some time and haven't seen any complaints about vzw.com until now. I don't think there were any major promotions recently that would justify the delay. Makes me wonder if something else is going on...

Phones
    V3c Razr
    Moto v710
    LG 6000
    Carrier
    Verizon Wireless
    Feedback Score
    wow, that sucks, I just placed an order for a RAZR last wed. as well, and it shipped out the next day. They emailed me a tracking number when it shipped, should arrive on monday. I didn't order it in a store because i didn't want to be out the money for a rebate.
    -Brad
    "Would you help me get that um thingy on my phone thing?"

Feedback Score
    Thanks for the feedback guys. At least I'm not alone. It also sounds like the quality of the online store varies by what region of the country your in. It still boggles my mind how little info you get from the verizon online store. Totally inexcusable from such a large corporation.

Feedback Score
    Looking back over old threads in the forum I am finding a lot of mixed info. One thing that gives me hope is a lot of people say they have recieved their order while the status still says check back tomorrow (though I find that extremely annoying, if its ready for delivery I need to make sure I am available to sign for the package).

One negative is I saw on the list of possible holdups was upgrading from a non evdo phone to an evdo phone. I can't for the life of me see why it would be an issue though.

Phones
    LGVX8100
    LGVX10
    Carrier
    Verizon Wireless
    Feedback Score
    Ordered my 8100 on 02/25 ( Saturday). Website kept saying to check back tomorrow. I called cust service Monday, they said they were backed up. I called on Wednesday and they transferred me to on-line sales ( who said they're backed up). I called on-line sales on Friday, who said they should process the order that day. On Saturday ( 03/ 04) I got an e-mail that they shipped the phone Fed Ex and that I could track it. However, the e-mail said the tracking number was "n/a" so I can't track it. Am I going to get the phone today ? Tomorrow ?
    Who knows.

Feedback Score
    A week to process an order is inexcuseable. In the future all my upgrades are going to be done in the store, regardless of cost.

Phones
    MOT Droid Mini,
    Home Phone Connect,
    MOT Droid 3,
    Carriers
    Verizon Wireless, Page Plus
    Feedback Score
    My impatience is due to the fact that the status has said check back tomorrow since then.
    Mine said that even after I received my V3c.

Phones
    Droid Incredible
    Moto Droid(Sold)
    Blackberry Tour(Sold)
    Carrier
    Verizon Wireless
    Feedback Score
    A week to process an order is inexcuseable. In the future all my upgrades are going to be done in the store, regardless of cost.
    I wouldn't say it's unexcusable, but I think they should let the customer know on the website ahead of time if they are placing an order that it could take longer to process/ship if they are backed up.

Trust me I work for the company, and I know how much of a pain the online site can be at times, it's frustrating.

Phones
    EVO 4G
    EVO 4G
    Carrier
    SPRINT
    Feedback Score
    I ordered my new razr under a new contract late sunday night. I just received it this morning (tuesday) - pretty fast for me. I live in Cali and it was sent from Texas and came via fedex. Maybe their backlog is over?

Phones
    Iphone 4
    Iphone 4
    Iphone 4
    Carrier
    Verizon
    Feedback Score
    I ordered a razr on monday afternoon, and got it 24 hours later.

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 LastLast