Results 1 to 7 of 7

Thread: Legacy NRS: Are you getting "managed" out?

  1. #1
    Join Date
    May 2003
    Location
    Loganville
    Posts
    660
    Phone
    LG Dare
    Carrier
    Verizon
    Feedback Score
    0

    Legacy NRS: Are you getting "managed" out?

    It seems in my area that all legacy Nextel employees are either getting fired, shut down, or just totally managed out. We have a legacy Sprint store across the street from us (walking distance) and they are still getting paid more than we are, plus getting paid on their CSATs while we're not. Oh and they get paid on upgrades too (don't get me started). Most of my old friends that have been around as long as I have(3.5 years) are getting shoved out of the stores. Our HR department is all about the company has wants nothing to do with the employees. I'm trying to figure out the reasoning behind this. Including myself, we have 4 people on final write ups for not hitting numbers. Now, I'm not trying to be a "victim," but our budgets are completely outrageous for there to be 5 Sprint stores in a half mile radius of me. Regardless of how long we've been employeed by the company, they don't care what kind of extra work we do at the store... if we're not hitting numbers we're done. We can't be transfered to another position or location, so now my entire store is looking for new jobs.

    Is anybody else going through this? It just seems like they do not want any type of Nextel mentality in the new company. And I'm kind of curious about how "accountable" their holding our upper management (DMs, RMs or whatever they are now). Its very sad because I love what I do, but seeing as I'm getting fired at the end of the month, its very hard to get motivated. Our budget for this month is 171. We might do 120. What happened to taking care of the employees?
    Nothing happens to the economy until a sale is made. So quit trying to get everything for free. -JD

    I got no time that I got to get to where I don't need to be. -Jack Johnson

    If it ain't broke, don't fix it.

  2. #2
    Join Date
    Nov 2004
    Location
    Delawhere?
    Posts
    2,383
    Phones
    Fuze, HTC Tilt, Treo 750
    iPhone white (again)
    Nokia E71 white, 8801
    Carrier
    Cingula&tt
    Feedback Score
    0
    yea my friends store got shut down and was moved to a Sprint store . But other than that most of the stores in my area are Indirects.
    work:

    old phones:
    Nokia 5160, 8260, 6360, E70, N93i, 8801
    Panasonic GU-87
    Motorola i730s, i860s, i930,i870, V60, V60i, V635
    HTC 8125, Treo 750, Tilts
    BB Curve 8310s
    iPhone 8GB, iPhone 3G White

  3. #3
    Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Posts
    294
    Feedback Score
    0

    Thank Timmy!!!!!!!!!!!!

    Quote Originally Posted by Baunch Alae
    It seems in my area that all legacy Nextel employees are either getting fired, shut down, or just totally managed out. We have a legacy Sprint store across the street from us (walking distance) and they are still getting paid more than we are, plus getting paid on their CSATs while we're not. Oh and they get paid on upgrades too (don't get me started). Most of my old friends that have been around as long as I have(3.5 years) are getting shoved out of the stores. Our HR department is all about the company has wants nothing to do with the employees. I'm trying to figure out the reasoning behind this. Including myself, we have 4 people on final write ups for not hitting numbers. Now, I'm not trying to be a "victim," but our budgets are completely outrageous for there to be 5 Sprint stores in a half mile radius of me. Regardless of how long we've been employeed by the company, they don't care what kind of extra work we do at the store... if we're not hitting numbers we're done. We can't be transfered to another position or location, so now my entire store is looking for new jobs.

    Is anybody else going through this? It just seems like they do not want any type of Nextel mentality in the new company. And I'm kind of curious about how "accountable" their holding our upper management (DMs, RMs or whatever they are now). Its very sad because I love what I do, but seeing as I'm getting fired at the end of the month, its very hard to get motivated. Our budget for this month is 171. We might do 120. What happened to taking care of the employees?

    I feel your pain and know exactly were you are coming from. Luckly...I got out on my own accord, no firing here, just left for a better job. I could not take the SPRINT FIRST mentally after the merger A.K.A. TAKEOVER was DONE|. Timmy sold us out....period!!!! Worst part...Legacy Nextel HR did think of employees first....YEAH the PIP program was in effect but do you know anyone that really got terminated based on PIP alone???

    As for your quota....look for it to get worst, not better. As I'm sure you know...the SPRINT side does a average of 175-200 acts per store. Now we know for a fact that unless you were that famous store in Minnesota..Grunney Mills...or another high volume location....most NRS stores did a average of 100-130 gross adds. SPRINT DOES NOT CARE ABOUT previous years numbers.....they expect you to do it...whatever number they pull out of their ashes....period.

    Couple of questions....is you Area Manager....formerly "District Manager" legacy IDEN or CDMA? Also....did you know for the most part the caring legacy Nextel HR employees were cut out in the post merger activities? If you live in the Michigan area....P.M. me.....I might have a solution to your issue. Until then.....GOD BLESS.
    Sincerely,
    NRSForever





    My Blog....http://www.xanga.com/private/yourhome.aspx

  4. #4
    Join Date
    Jun 2003
    Location
    Forest Moon of Endor
    Posts
    245
    Phones
    Avaya 6416D+M
    Sanyo Katana / SCP-6600
    Carrier
    Sprint
    Feedback Score
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by NRSForever
    I feel your pain and know exactly were you are coming from. Luckly...I got out on my own accord, no firing here, just left for a better job. I could not take the SPRINT FIRST mentally after the merger A.K.A. TAKEOVER was DONE|. Timmy sold us out....period!!!! Worst part...Legacy Nextel HR did think of employees first....YEAH the PIP program was in effect but do you know anyone that really got terminated based on PIP alone???

    As for your quota....look for it to get worst, not better. As I'm sure you know...the SPRINT side does a average of 175-200 acts per store. Now we know for a fact that unless you were that famous store in Minnesota..Grunney Mills...or another high volume location....most NRS stores did a average of 100-130 gross adds. SPRINT DOES NOT CARE ABOUT previous years numbers.....they expect you to do it...whatever number they pull out of their ashes....period.

    Couple of questions....is you Area Manager....formerly "District Manager" legacy IDEN or CDMA? Also....did you know for the most part the caring legacy Nextel HR employees were cut out in the post merger activities? If you live in the Michigan area....P.M. me.....I might have a solution to your issue. Until then.....GOD BLESS.

    Grunney Mills is actually Gurnee Mills and they are in Illinois. There are higher volume stores then that one. Ontario Mills in CA comes to mind. The only stores I have seen close are Tier 3 stores which had less than 100 adds per month. With a much bigger store in the same town. Its just common sense. This is just the way business is, they only care about the bottom lines that make wall street happy.
    Originally posted by rmc2000
    -How do I access my CAPS LOCK key and why would I want to?

    By using proper English, those around you will come to respect and feel as though you are a competent individual. By using CAPS LOCK in more than one consecutive post one projects an image of diminished mental capacity by not glancing down at their keyboard long enough between rapid posts to notice the indicator for CAPS LOCK is currently illuminated. This illumination indicates to the user that CAPS LOCK is currently engaged and as such should be disengaged before continuing to shout at your friendly internet community.

    Please also refer to www.dictionary.com, a great resource to ensure proper spelling of simple words such as, but not limited to “know.” Dictionary.com does not provide a legitimate word definition for “FO” thus again demonstrating a lack of intelligence from finger to keyboard.

  5. #5
    Join Date
    Jan 2003
    Location
    Jacksonville
    Posts
    5,190
    Phones
    Blackberry 8310
    Blackberry 8820
    Carrier
    AT&T
    Feedback Score
    0

  6. #6
    Join Date
    May 2005
    Posts
    13
    Phones
    Blackberry 7100I
    Samsung a900 (BLADE)
    Feedback Score
    0
    Guys the Merger is not perfect, and it has been tough but they are making correct choices. In New England where in the past Nextel was a more solid player than Sprint The Nextel Management Team is running the show.

    Also if you grow your buiness you dont have anything to worry about if you can sell they will find a place for you if not then they will trim the fat, this is the case with direct employees, AR's Subdealers anyone.

  7. #7
    Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Posts
    294
    Feedback Score
    0

    Not So Fast........

    Quote Originally Posted by townreb
    Grunney Mills is actually Gurnee Mills and they are in Illinois. There are higher volume stores then that one. Ontario Mills in CA comes to mind. The only stores I have seen close are Tier 3 stores which had less than 100 adds per month. With a much bigger store in the same town. Its just common sense. This is just the way business is, they only care about the bottom lines that make wall street happy.
    Thanks for the GURNEE MILLS correction. Still, in the end.....it makes no sense that for the large majority...its former Legacy Nextel stores that are on the chopping block and their employees. As for the company direction, I question it when the current management team of Gary, Timmy and the Crew managed to take a 55% profit loss in the 4th quarter...mind you. In addition, I hear a lot of smoke and mirrors...EVDO (which is out but for the most part priced to high at this point for mass public usage), VoIP (which unless they can manage to price point it similar to Vonage...will not be a instant money maker), Dual-Band Handset (Yeah, it will probably come out in 3rd Quarter 2006 but by then it might be to little to late) and to explain the prepay market (but with up and coming companies like Metro PCS offering unlimited regional and long distance minutes for the $30-45 dollar price points) I see more profit losses unless a restructing on what build Nextel into 5 straight years of profitability (without Sprint) is reviewed by TPTB.

Bookmarks