Thread: anybody heard of metropcs unlimted calls for $40 anytime minutes

Device(s)
    samsung galaxy note 4
    Carrier(s)
    tmobile
    Feedback Score

anybody heard of metropcs unlimted calls for $40 anytime minutes

I seen a ad in the newspaper today in fort worth texas, it said unlimted local and long distance calling on a cell phone on $40 per month for pre paid and no contract here is ther website. http://www.metropcs.com anybody know about this company?

Device(s)
    Blackberry Curve 8330
    Carrier(s)
    Sprint
    Feedback Score
    Yeah. It's been here in the Bay Area for a few years now.

Device(s)
    samsung galaxy note 4
    Carrier(s)
    tmobile
    Feedback Score
    is it any good or many dropped calls? is it their own net work or who are they roaming off of?

Device(s)
    iPhone 3G, 8900 Javelin, G600, Pebl, v80 w/850,
    Carrier(s)
    T-Mobile
    Feedback Score
    4 (100%)
    The only thing i ever heard of MetroPCS was from an old customer of mine. He called them "MetroPOS". Wish I knew more, but he sure hated them.

Device(s)
    Apple iPhone 4 64GB (White)
    Carrier(s)
    AT&T
    Feedback Score
    Yes... they are like Cricket. $40 for unlimited local service... meaning if you leave town you are SOL. I can't vouch for Metro PCS, but Cricket is quite good in their service areas. They have also added the ability to roam. $5 prepaid buckets of 30 roaming mins. They are also getting the Razr soon. They are currently rolling out EV-DO coverage and will offer mobile web and streaming video/music this November. My friend is still with them but he has 1 complaint. Their phone insurance is $8/mo with an $80 deductable .
    If you commonly type the name iPhone as "Iphone" or "I-Phone"... or if you commonly refer to an iPod Touch as an "iTouch" or "I-Touch"...... Then you deserve whole bottle of habanero hot sauce poured into your eyes!

Feedback Score

Talking

Quote Originally Posted by EliteABombAZ
    Yes... they are like Cricket. $40 for unlimited local service... meaning if you leave town you are SOL. I can't vouch for Metro PCS, but Cricket is quite good in their service areas. They have also added the ability to roam. $5 prepaid buckets of 30 roaming mins. They are also getting the Razr soon. They are currently rolling out EV-DO coverage and will offer mobile web and streaming video/music this November. My friend is still with them but he has 1 complaint. Their phone insurance is $8/mo with an $80 deductable .
    Yes, you can receive unlimited minutes for $40.00. Those minutes are based out of the Dallas/Fort Worth areas and other areas that Metro PCS have markets. Metro is a regional carrier, similar to Alltel and Cricket (Leap Wireless). The other areas you can use your phone is in Detroit Market (April 06), Miami, Tampa, (the entire state of FL, except for the panhandle by Q4 '06) San Fran, Sacremanto, Atlanta and LA in Q1 2007.

If you travel (but not often outside of the Dallas/Fort Worth market) you can get traveltalk (roaming) for about .75 per minute. A little much, I know but if you are only traveling twice per year (average for most people), Metro PCS is not a bad deal. For more frequent travelers.....get a pre-paid phone for travel. You only need a card or minutes when you travel and call forwarding from you Metro PCS handset is only INCLUDED with your plan...if you have the $45 plan that is.

So...think hard....you can talk as much as you want, when you want, all day and night if you want for $40 bucks a month. In addition, get unlimited directory assistance (free until Oct 06) with service, no contract, cancel if you don't like it (no ETF) and your entire first month of service, is free (just to make sure you like it).

Metro PCS is coming up (believe me). The little carrier that could will slowly began to take on the big four...one major American city at a time. Oh yeah.....do not believe the hype....Metro PCS OWNS THEIR OWN TOWERS...THEY DO NOT SHARE!!!! Have any other questions...PM me.

Tired of living in the land of ETF's, Contracts, Daytime Minutes and Overages....Try Metro PCS!!!!!!!!
    Sincerely,
    NRSForever

My Blog....http://www.xanga.com/private/yourhome.aspx

Device(s)
    Sprint HTC Hero
    Carrier(s)
    Sprint
    Feedback Score
    They've been in Atlanta for about 3 years now. A lot of people have them insted of landlines. But they drop a lot of calls. The call quality and network has gotten better over the years though.
    The Greatest Show on Earth

Device(s)
    HTC Evo
    Carrier(s)
    Sprint
    Feedback Score
    Does metro pcs offer data? If so, is it 3G? And can you use unlocked phones or do you have to get phones from them? Do they have PDA phones?

Device(s)
    iPhone 4s (64gb), Blackberry Torch 9810
    Carrier(s)
    Cingular/AT&T (I still miss Jack)
    Feedback Score
    Metro does NOT offer data, they offer something else, but you can't surf the web and stuff. Also with Metro you have to pay full price for your phone, no rebates. I tried Metro here in the Tampa Bay area for about a week and a half before I ended up with Sprint, and I was not all that impressed. The plan is great, and no contract was good too, but the call quality was subpar. Everyone sounded staticy, and I was using the high end Nokia 6255. Plus no internet acccess, no nation wide roaming (I like to travel), and the coverage was ok. When my contract is up with Sprint in 2 years, I may check them out again to see if things improved, though currently I LOVE my Sprint service. GREAT call clearity, high speed internet, nation wide coverage (heck it even worked when I traveled to Colombia in South America), 4-5 bars everywhere I go, and a kickass phone that was $50 cheaper than the one I had with Metro. Plus with the Sero plan, 6pm nights, and Sprint2home I get everything I need (last month I used close to 6,000 min., and only 450 were charged to my anytime min.) Sprint ROCKS!
    University Of South Florida Student : GOOOOO BUUUULLLLSSS!!!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by suthurnlatino
    I find it funny when these million dollar companies create zealots, sometimes of lower end employees and consumers who don't even get a check!