Page 19 of 29 FirstFirst ... 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 LastLast

Thread: The Official SLVR L7c Pre-Release Thread

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by GuyinLACA
    the PRL is fine, but the ERI (Enhanced Roaming Indicator) needs to be loaded manually. Out of curiosity, when you *228, does the phone have the EV-DO PRL or the 1X PRL. Also, if I remember correctly, some carriers disabled EV-DO on the L7c due to complications so perhaps that is the case on your phone. Check the EV-DO setting by following the instructions for turning off EV-DO but do the reverse if it's not already done.
    By "manually" do you mean by a vzw store or I can do this on my computer? I did check that EV-DO was enabled with the test mode thing, it is on auto; I have also tried the hdr mode but it always goes back to 1x and a flashing roaming indicator.

Device(s)
    Nexus 6P
    Carrier(s)
    RingPlus
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by mgchan
    By "manually" do you mean by a vzw store or I can do this on my computer? I did check that EV-DO was enabled with the test mode thing, it is on auto; I have also tried the hdr mode but it always goes back to 1x and a flashing roaming indicator.
    Open PST, click on Open -> CDMA ERI (Enhanced Roaming Indicator) File and load the file attached to this post to your phone (button at the top w/ arrow pointing to the phone):

rename the file to remove the .txt extension so that PST can load it
    Attached Files Attached Files
    PM rules: search first, and ask in the threads for help before you resort to one.

Device(s)
    HTC EVO LTE
    Carrier(s)
    Sprint
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by luiset83
    Is the ERI unique or different between EV Moto phones?

On another note, the L7c is very identical to the K1m, at least in terms of being 'locked' in the same way:

They are so identical that I loaded the K1m VZW monster and then I have the l7c VZW upgrade file and have a functional Black L7c with VZW software. The only thing not working is VCast and VCast Music.

Device(s)
    Nexus 6P
    Carrier(s)
    RingPlus
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by corys00
    They are so identical that I loaded the K1m VZW monster and then I have the l7c VZW upgrade file and have a functional Black L7c with VZW software. The only thing not working is VCast and VCast Music.
    Whoah that's news to me... Where'd you get that L7 upgrade? Care to post it? :-D

I want to go in the reverse direction though... Did the camera work when you flashed to the K1m VZW monster? If it did, I might just try flashing my Verizon L7c with the Alltel K1m monster... I want my moto interface back

Device(s)
    HTC EVO LTE
    Carrier(s)
    Sprint
    Feedback Score

Device(s)
    HTC EVO LTE
    Carrier(s)
    Sprint
    Feedback Score
    luiset83, is your L7c a VZW shipped version?

Device(s)
    Nexus 6P
    Carrier(s)
    RingPlus
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by corys00
    luiset83, is your L7c a VZW shipped version?
    Yes, got it through an indirect who advertised in this thread (and subsequently got banned, hah) a while ago. It's good news that the K1m VZW monster / L7c VZW upgrade took on your phone.... I read your post in the other thread. Odd about the VCAST not working though.

I'm a little reluctant to try flashing Alltel just yet, especially cause I think the camera might not work, if the flash even takes.... I think I'll wait for a VZW monster leak before I attempt anything Alltel, just to make sure there's a way to revert/unbrick.

The upgrade you posted is the same f/w version I have on my phone.
    One thing I noticed about the L7c.. it has a funlight.pat file... I think the light is on the top left side of the phone. (I compared with my friend's L7 GSM... his light is on the top right side)
    Last edited by luiset83; 03-16-2007 at 07:45 PM.

Device(s)
    Moto SLVR L7c
    Feedback Score

The upgrade you posted is the same f/w version I have on my phone.
    One thing I noticed about the L7c.. it has a funlight.pat file... I think the light is on the top left side of the phone. (I compared with my friend's L7 GSM... his light is on the top right side)
    What is that light for? Will I ever see it on...ever?!

Device(s)
    Nexus 6P
    Carrier(s)
    RingPlus
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by andahawk
    What is that light for? Will I ever see it on...ever?!
    If you're feeling adventurous, try to edit the funlight.pat with a funlight editor, and replace w/ bitpim... make a backup... not responsible for bricks

Device(s)
    Moto SLVR L7c
    Feedback Score
    If you're feeling adventurous, try to edit the funlight.pat with a funlight editor, and replace w/ bitpim... make a backup... not responsible for bricks
    Ha ha, i just got this phone yesterday...I think I will wait to to anything other than ring tones until my local VZW store carries the phone so I can swap it out if need be. I figure by that time there should be some pretty cool hacks out there too.

Device(s)
    Moto SLVR L7c
    Feedback Score
    I got my L7c on Friday, so I haven't had too much time to get used to it, but here is a quick review:

Screen is beautiful, nice and bright.
    The center menu button is much better than the V3m, I haven't hit the directional buttons at all.
    The keypad is a bit small at first, but I have had no problem dialing numbers...no misdials yet. The CLR button is kinda close to the END button. I have hit it a couple times by accident, but I'm getting more used to it.
    Awesome sound through earpiece and speaker phone.
    Battery Life is great! I subscribed to V-Cast for a month just to try it out and even after watching a bunch of video's, the battery meter hasn't moved.
    Also, v-cast works great on the phone. I have nothing to judge this against, this is the first phone I've used VCast on.
    Camera isn't that bad. If I want a good picture I'll use my actual digi cam.

I will post pics tomorrow.

I would recommend this phone as a buy if you got a razr right now...its a good upgrade.

Device(s)
    Blackberry 8130
    Carrier(s)
    Verizon
    Feedback Score
    ^^ Thanks for the review. I am really considering the phone myself but its hard to let go of my V3C with Alltel flash and I really love the IPhone theme on it! Will just have to wait for the Alltel l7c flash to come out so I can put that on this phone.

Device(s)
    iPhone 3GS
    Carrier(s)
    AT&T
    Feedback Score
    Wait, can I get this phone now? I have to renew my plan this week and was hoping on get it.

Device(s)
    Moto SLVR L7c
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by saado
    Wait, can I get this phone now? I have to renew my plan this week and was hoping on get it.
    From what I've heard, Verizon Stores won't be carrying it until April 1st. I bought mine on ebay. If you buy off of ebay, be careful though.

Device(s)
    iPhone 3GS
    Carrier(s)
    AT&T
    Feedback Score
    Does anyone know what the price is gonna run with a 2 year contract?

Page 19 of 29 FirstFirst ... 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 LastLast