Thread: Can I piggyback internet

Phone
    LG CU500
    Carrier
    Cingular
    Feedback Score

Can I piggyback internet

I have seen people with verizon have been able to program there phone to use the internet that they have at home, dsl-cable. Is there a way to do this with cingular. And if this is possible, can you use the phone as a modem using you home connection.

I have a Razr.

Feedback Score
    Welcome to hofo.

Do you know if they did what they did through wifi?

Phones
    Nokia 6650
    Nokia 6555
    Carrier
    AT&T
    Feedback Score
    I did this with a Treo 650 and a BT access point. The phone didn't have wifi so I added a BT access point. It was difficult to set up. I got help from one of the palm forums but it did work! Not sure about a razr. BT might be your only option since you don't have wifi.

Phone
    LG CU500
    Carrier
    Cingular
    Feedback Score
    i was planning on using bt for the modem portion.

The phone they used was a Moto. I am not sure what model.

Phones
    LG G2
    LG G2
    Carrier
    AT&T
    Feedback Score
    So now it sounds like you want to make the phone a hotspot! For the life of me I couldn't figure out your intentions.

Is this true? Or are you trying to get wireless data to the phone using a PC's BT connection maybe?

Phones
    Nokia 6650
    Nokia 6555
    Carrier
    AT&T
    Feedback Score
    The way I understand what he's saying is that he wants to gain internet access on his phone from his home network as opposed to GPRS/EDGE. Maybe I'm wrong.

Carrier
    AT&T
    Feedback Score
    I've been through the verizon and verizonwireless sites and haven't found anything like what I think the OP describes, which is using a cell phone to access a DSL or Cable -based broadband connection... I'm sure I don't understand what the OP is describing.

Verizon is flogging their "VoiceWing" service pretty heavily, which is their late-to-the-game VoIP offering. That maybe what the OP saw and he assumed since it was "Verizon" that it was a "Verizon Wireless" offering (it's not).
    signatures? off.

Phone
    LG CU500
    Carrier
    Cingular
    Feedback Score
    The guy i know with verizon has it set up with some proxy server online that he links his phone to. He had to go into some hidden setting in his phone and link to that server. He used his home internet but while he is doing that he is just using minutes on his phone and not data. The modem issue seems to be dead with this set up. At least he has never tried it. It sound like i will probably just spend the $20 and get unlimited internet thur my phone then i can still use that as a modem and has unlimited internet on my computer.

Thanks for all your help