Phones
    Moto Q BlacK
    LG Vx9800
    Sony Ericsson P910i-unwillingly retired
    Carrier
    Verizon
    Feedback Score

FTM mode and no service

My LG vx9800 just shut off on its own and when I turned it back on it was on FTM mode. I dont know what it is but I have no service and like my phone reset itself all the stuff saved to my phone is gone- my memory card is fine though. What wrong with it and how do I fix it?

Phones
    VX9100 Env2
    VX8300,VX8100,VX4400
    StarTAC st7868w
    Carrier
    Verizon Wireless
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Luv2xlr8
    My LG vx9800 just shut off on its own and when I turned it back on it was on FTM mode. I dont know what it is but I have no service and like my phone reset itself all the stuff saved to my phone is gone- my memory card is fine though. What wrong with it and how do I fix it?
    I got out of FTM the other day by simply turning standalone mode on then off:
    Menu / Settings & Tools / System / Standalone Mode.

Good luck!

Phones
    Moto Q BlacK
    LG Vx9800
    Carrier
    Verizon
    Feedback Score
    Thanks I did that and now its says service required on my home screen. Which mode should I be in, e911 or or location on? PLEASE HELP I cant make or recieve calls and really need to have my phone with me tomorow.

Phones
    VX9100 Env2
    VX8300,VX8100,VX4400
    StarTAC st7868w
    Carrier
    Verizon Wireless
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Luv2xlr8
    Thanks I did that and now its says service required on my home screen. Which mode should I be in, e911 or or location on? PLEASE HELP I cant make or recieve calls and really need to have my phone with me tomorow.
    Hmmm, not sure about this one. Would *228, option 1 fix that?

Phones
    Moto Q BlacK
    LG Vx9800
    Carrier
    Verizon
    Feedback Score
    I tried dialling *228 before but it says no number matches when I pushed. I called verizon but my account info is messed uo so they wont help me.

Phones
    LG VX8100
    LG VX9800
    LG VX6000
    Carrier
    VERIZON
    Feedback Score
    go to security and reset factory settings, that should do the trick, if it still says service required you have a prl, or programming problem

Phones
    Moto Q BlacK
    LG Vx9800
    Carrier
    Verizon
    Feedback Score
    I just tried the default reset but it didnt work. I dont know what to do

Phones
    VX8100
    VX5200 (Backup)
    VX7000 (R.I.P.)
    Carrier
    Verizon
    Feedback Score
    MrPib I just did the same thing, thankfully it worked. What is FTM mode?

Phones
    VX9100 Env2
    VX8300,VX8100,VX4400
    StarTAC st7868w
    Carrier
    Verizon Wireless
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Vailguy
    MrPib I just did the same thing, thankfully it worked. What is FTM mode?
    It's Factory Test Mode, and is supposedly a very good way to turn your phone into a brick. For what it's worth, the QPST FTM App help file says:

The Factory Test Mode (FTM) Radio Frequency (RF) Evaluation Graphical User Interface (GUI) software is used to to test a phone. FTM RF Evaluation GUI is an application used to control a QUALCOMM phone such as a Subscriber Unit Reference Design (SURF) or Form Factor Accurate (FFA) for testing RF in three system modes—CDMA 1x, GSM, and WCDMA.

This application requires Dual-Mode Subscriber Station (DMSS) or Advanced Mode Subscriber Software (AMSS) software with FTM built into it. The FTM mode must be enabled before using the CDMA 1x, GSM, and WCDMA RF controls.

FTM is a mode of operation that allows a user to perform diagnostic or design verification functionality by exposing functions not discretely available to the user in DMSS mode. FTM does not provide the ability to make phone calls and is not driven by the DMSS Call Processing State Machine.