Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 LastLast
Results 1 to 15 of 46

Thread: MicroSD=Transflash, Mini SD is NOT Transflash

  1. #1
    Join Date
    Jul 2002
    Location
    Oakland, CA
    Posts
    1,639
    Device(s)
    Samsung SGH-U600, SGH-i607 Blackjack
    Carrier(s)
    T-Mobile
    Feedback Score
    0

    MicroSD=Transflash, Mini SD is NOT Transflash

    I know the moderators won't do this, but it should be made a sticky, the same question seems to be posted by samsung owners at least once a week, now with the increasing number of phones using microSD=tflash cards



    here is mango808's great reference pic:



    heres a pic showing transflash=MicroSD



    Ed

  2. #2
    Join Date
    Jan 2003
    Location
    Canada
    Posts
    1,540
    Device(s)
    Tour 9630
    Carrier(s)
    Doesn't ring a bell...Tell us nothing...Bunch of robbers!...It's pronouce fee-dough...
    Feedback Score
    0
    Confirmed - the 1GB MicroSD works with the Samsung A920. No speed lagging either.
    Last edited by thymaster; 04-12-2006 at 04:15 PM.
    Irresistible 35
    - Unlimited Data + Tethering
    - Unlimited 24/7 Canada & US Calling
    - Unlimited International Text Msg
    - Unlimited Canada & US MMS
    - Voicemail + All Call Control features
    - No Contract

    JOIN THE CONVERSATION

  3. #3
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Posts
    10
    Feedback Score
    0
    Mine is a microSD/Transflash adapter with the Micro SD card...that would make it transflash correct? I got it with my a920.

  4. #4
    Join Date
    Nov 2004
    Location
    Toronto
    Posts
    916
    Device(s)
    BlackBerry 9530 Storm
    Carrier(s)
    Telus (Super IM15)
    Feedback Score
    0
    really... why they bother calling it "MicroSD" AND/OR "Transflash"?

    is real annoying, its like their marketing team cant decide, so they just throw everything in

  5. #5
    Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Posts
    4
    Feedback Score
    0

    t809 questions

    hey guys...i found this card.. http://www.tigerdirect.com/applicati...?EdpNo=1734067
    and ive been wondering if itll work in a t809?..because ive heard a lot of people have sandisk cards and im wondering if thats the only brand i can use?.,..and i have one more quick question....t809 has 4 playlists with 30 songs in each..does that mean that it can hold only 120 mp3s?...or can i just put the extra in the root folder or something?..thanks

  6. #6
    Join Date
    Jul 2002
    Location
    Oakland, CA
    Posts
    1,639
    Device(s)
    Samsung SGH-U600, SGH-i607 Blackjack
    Carrier(s)
    T-Mobile
    Feedback Score
    0
    I don't see why only one brand of card would work.

    Ed

  7. #7
    Join Date
    Jul 2002
    Location
    Oakland, CA
    Posts
    1,639
    Device(s)
    Samsung SGH-U600, SGH-i607 Blackjack
    Carrier(s)
    T-Mobile
    Feedback Score
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by grind1901
    hey guys...i found this card.. http://www.tigerdirect.com/applicati...?EdpNo=1734067
    and ive been wondering if itll work in a t809?..because ive heard a lot of people have sandisk cards and im wondering if thats the only brand i can use?.,..and i have one more quick question....t809 has 4 playlists with 30 songs in each..does that mean that it can hold only 120 mp3s?...or can i just put the extra in the root folder or something?..thanks
    I have about 7 folders in my Music dir on the microSD card with 30 songs each, i keep uploading different folders of music to a different playlist when i want to switch up the music.

    Ed

  8. #8
    Join Date
    Apr 2004
    Posts
    98
    Device(s)
    LG Dare
    Carrier(s)
    Verizon
    Feedback Score
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by edkwon
    I have about 7 folders in my Music dir on the microSD card with 30 songs each, i keep uploading different folders of music to a different playlist when i want to switch up the music.

    Ed
    How do you load music on the Transflash card?

  9. #9
    Join Date
    Jul 2002
    Location
    Oakland, CA
    Posts
    1,639
    Device(s)
    Samsung SGH-U600, SGH-i607 Blackjack
    Carrier(s)
    T-Mobile
    Feedback Score
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by Theuppergroove
    How do you load music on the Transflash card?
    Theres several ways, the fastest is insert t-flash + SD card adapter into the SD card reader slot of your PC, and drag n drop files that way. Have you ever used a memory card for your other devices like a digital camera before?

    Ed

  10. #10
    Join Date
    Mar 2004
    Posts
    28
    Device(s)
    Palm Treo 700wx
    Carrier(s)
    Sprint PCS
    Feedback Score
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by Haoaw
    really... why they bother calling it "MicroSD" AND/OR "Transflash"?

    is real annoying, its like their marketing team cant decide, so they just throw everything in
    Here's the deal: SanDisk developed this standard and called it TransFlash. Now before something can be designated as SD, or Secure Digital, it must be accepted by the SD Card Association.

    So basically, SanDisk released this format as TransFlash, then the SD Card Association accepted it as microSD. Now since products were already being sold marked as TransFlash and so as to not cause confusion, SanDisk now labels the cards on the packaging as "TransFlash / microSD".

    If you don't get it, refer to this article from July 2005 http://www.itworld.com/Comp/1940/050714microsd/

  11. #11
    Join Date
    Apr 2004
    Posts
    98
    Device(s)
    LG Dare
    Carrier(s)
    Verizon
    Feedback Score
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by edkwon
    Theres several ways, the fastest is insert t-flash + SD card adapter into the SD card reader slot of your PC, and drag n drop files that way. Have you ever used a memory card for your other devices like a digital camera before?

    Ed
    Great! thanks just figured it out!

  12. #12
    Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Posts
    4
    Feedback Score
    0
    I have a D807 with a 512mb MicroSD and I try to drag and drop my ringtones into my card, it says

    "Cannot Copy Traffic: The device is not ready."

    What the helllll

  13. #13
    Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Location
    California
    Posts
    767
    Device(s)
    Nokia N900
    Carrier(s)
    T-Mobile
    Feedback Score
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by resurection
    I have a D807 with a 512mb MicroSD and I try to drag and drop my ringtones into my card, it says

    "Cannot Copy Traffic: The device is not ready."

    What the helllll
    Sorry, cant help ya. Plus this is the totally wrong thread to be posting this in.

  14. #14
    Join Date
    Feb 2002
    Location
    Canada
    Posts
    2,463
    Device(s)
    OnePlus One 64GB, ZenFone2 4GB+64GB, Nexus 5 & 4, iPhone 4/4S. HTC Magic, Samsung D900
    Carrier(s)
    Rogers LTE GSM
    Feedback Score
    0
    :::


    .:: 512MB MicroSD with 2 Adaptor ::.

    My New 512MB MicroSO with 2 Adaptor,
    MS Pro Duo & SD Card.....! So, MicroSD
    Can be Pro Duo as well.......!

    Cool....!



    :::

    ====
    ◊ My Mini HoFo FeedBack ◊ (Click)
    ====
    .:: Samsung - Photo of the Day ::.
    http://www.howardforums.com/showthread.php?p=7935855

    -:: T610 Enhanced Wallpaper for the Day ::-
    http://www.howardforums.com/showthre...hreadid=198042

    ====


  15. #15
    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Posts
    19
    Device(s)
    Samsung T609
    Carrier(s)
    T-Mobile(USA)
    Feedback Score
    0

    MircoSD brand?

    I was checking to see if anyone knew of known compatibility issues with off brand MircoSD cards for example “Dane-Elec” microSD, I plan on getting a 512mb for $15, or $20 I don’t remember so if anyone knows of issues let me know

    I have a Samsung t609(T-Mobile)

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Bookmarks