Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread: MicroSD=Transflash, Mini SD is NOT Transflash

Device(s)
    Samsung SGH-D807
    Carrier(s)
    Rogers
    Feedback Score
    I bought a $13 1G MICROSD for my D807, it works fine.

Feedback Score
    Hey everyone..

Huge newbie here so please excuse. I saw from another page that SYNC A707 is compatible with 2GB microSD cards. I just wanted to know if that is also true with Rogers A706 phone? And are there any specific brands that will or are good? All replies are greatly appreciated.

Feedback Score

help?

hey well, i have a samsung SGH-A516 and i just resently got a sandisk microSD/transflash 2.0 GB card, and i dont know how to transfer music from my computer to my cell phone, any help?

Device(s)
    Iphone 4
    Carrier(s)
    Rogers
    Feedback Score
    by mistake
    Tang

Feedback Score
    I think they mix up the names on purpose so you buy it, lose or throw away receipt, realize it's not what you thought, and your stuck with it. Their plotting against us. X-( Educate yourselves, I'm tellin ya.
    Been away a few years learning to create REAL Residual Income and have been doing quite nicely!!!

Device(s)
    HTC Fuze
    Carrier(s)
    AT&T
    Feedback Score
    Ok here is a question I have not been able to find an answer to.

I recently purchased a 16GB microSD card, I am a little worried. All of the new phones I am looking at possibly purchasing are saying microSD slot UP TO 8GB, what is up with that? Will only 8GB be addressable on this card I purchased?

Feedback Score
    If it only takes up to 8gb, 16gb may not work. There is, I think HDSD formats too--this requires a different physical H/W. I have an MDA that takes 2g MiniSD, but the 4g MinSD will not work in it. My old D820 takes a 1gb Transflash (micro) but won't take a 2gb. My D900i takes 2gb Transflash, but won't take an 8gb Transflash.

Device(s)
    Samsung Messager r450, SCH-i760/i760
    Carrier(s)
    PPC fully on PPC!
    Feedback Score
    Confrimed no laggity and speedily running Kingston 4Gb MicroSD on Samsung Messager R450... MetroPCS and Samsung both only say 2Gb max, As soon as I get a 8Gb and 16Gb MicroSD for my HTC Mogul I'll try it out on my Samsung Messager R450 and come back to confrim whether or not it picked those up or not... If someone has confrimed it yet already..

Device(s)
    samsung sph-m500
    Carrier(s)
    solo mobile
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by cherishmarie
    hey well, i have a samsung SGH-A516 and i just resently got a sandisk microSD/transflash 2.0 GB card, and i dont know how to transfer music from my computer to my cell phone, any help?
    is any bady have any info for thet. ty

Feedback Score
    Can you please clarify the basic difference between mini SD and micro SD?
    I really wana purchase a transflash for my samsung D500. What will be the best choice that is cost effective too?

Device(s)
    Nokia 5300
    Carrier(s)
    T-Mobile
    Feedback Score

Wink difference between micro and mini

If you look at Edkwon's FIRST POST on this thread you can see a picture that illustrates the difference.
    Basically, a microSD is smaller than a MiniSD which is smaller than an SD card.

That's the basics

There is a capacity aspect, too.
    Some phones are limited to 1 GB cards, some 2 GB, some 4 GB, some 8 GB, some 16 GB and some 32 GB (if the 32/64 GB's are out yet ?!?!)

Once the 32 GB capacity is broken then we run into more issues.
    Windows can only handle FAT32 volumes of up to 32 GB (other systems can do larger but why bother. FAT isn't reliable)

I was putting a 3 TB RAID array in a Windows 7 64-bit RC 1 machine and it not only recommended that I use GUID instead of MBR but also recognized my HFS+ (Mac OS Extended Journaled) volumes as well.

I still doubt WinFS will come about any time soon... maybe Windows 7 will start moving away from NTFS and going to Ext3 or Ext4 or ZFS (where I think Apple is going next week with 10.6 Snow Leopard)

Device(s)
    Samsung Messager r450, SCH-i760/i760
    Carrier(s)
    PPC fully on PPC!
    Feedback Score
    The Mogul settings I'm guessing would work with the HTC 5800 as well, plus I'm guessing if MetroPCS Corp can flash Mogul then they can also flash the 5800... Right?

I just seen the HTC 5800 and fell in love all over again, all it needs is to have a TouchFlo2D Rom thrown on it and I'd be satisfied with it..

Device(s)
    memoir t929
    Carrier(s)
    t-mobile
    Feedback Score
    new here...just wanted a question answered...

i just got a new t929... was wondering if it could take a micro sdhc or just regular sd....becuase i was wondering if i could put a 8gig in it...

thanks in advance

Device(s)
    Samsung Galaxy S5 Active, Samsung Captivate
    Carrier(s)
    at&t (formerly Cingular)
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by tinies80
    new here...just wanted a question answered...

i just got a new t929... was wondering if it could take a micro sdhc or just regular sd....becuase i was wondering if i could put a 8gig in it...

thanks in advance
    From the FAQ on the Samsung.com/us website:

How Do I Format The Storage Card On My SGH-T929 (Memoir) Phone?

Caution: The plug-in microSD memory card and its contents can be easily damaged by scratches or bending. Use caution when inserting or removing the card and keep all memory cards out of reach of children.

Important: Please note that the minimum size limit for the microSD memory card is 32MB. This phone does support the use of a microSDHC 16GB capacity memory card. However, for optimal performance Samsung recommends using a card no larger than 2GB.

Warning: Formatting a memory card will permanently delete all current content.

To format a microSD memory card follow the steps below:

1. Pull out the memory card slot cover then rotate it up to expose the memory card slot
    2. Insert a microSD memory card into the memory card slot, located on the left side of the handset, then replace the memory card slot cover
    3. From the home screen, press on Menu
    4. Press on Settings
    5. Scroll down then press on Memory Settings
    6. Press on Memory Card Details
    7. Press on Format
    8. Press on Yes to confirm formatting the microSD Memory Card

So it should be able to take/handle/use an 8GB MicroSDHC.
    If you feel that you have to correct some of my posts for my capitalization of some of my words, then just bear with it. It's just a discussion forum where some may be limited by time to answer in well-versed and eloquent sentences.

I already got a PHD (Plain High School Diploma) so ignore my style of writing and I'll ignore your ignorance.

Subject: You can read this-trust me!

I cdnuolt blveiee taht I cluod aulaclty uesdnatnrd waht I was rdgnieg. The phaonmneal pweor of the hmuan mnid. Aoccdrnig to a rscheearch at Cmabrigde Uinervtisy, it deosn't mttaer in waht oredr the ltteers in a wrod are, the olny iprmoatnt tihng is taht the frist and lsat ltteer be in the rghit pclae. The rset can be a taotl mses and you can sitll raed it wouthit a porbelm.
    Tihs is bcuseae the huamn mnid deos not raed ervey lteter by istlef, but the wrod as a wlohe. Amzanig huh? yaeh and I awlyas thought slpeling was ipmorantt!

When asked if I see the glass half empty or half full, I responded I see just a glass of water.
    Now you know how I think.

Device(s)
    memoir t929
    Carrier(s)
    t-mobile
    Feedback Score
    a big thanks to u kind sir... now to order me a 8gig microsd

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast