Thread: Pay As You Go - Change Number, Keep Balance

Phones
    Motorola V551
    Nokia 3120
    Carriers
    Rogers
    Feedback Score

Pay As You Go - Change Number, Keep Balance

If I swtich my Pay Go phone number to a number in another city (diff area code), do I get to keep my account balance? I thought you did, but I recently emailed Rogers to double check and they said I couldn't.

Also, is it possible to change my Pay Go number to another city within the first 3 months of activation? I know they won't let you turn it into a post-paid account until the 3 months is up... does this 3 month rule apply to number changes as well.

Phones
    iPhone 3G
    Hp ipaq 6955
    Carriers
    Rogers
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Arrow
    If I swtich my Pay Go phone number to a number in another city (diff area code), do I get to keep my account balance? I thought you did, but I recently emailed Rogers to double check and they said I couldn't.

Also, is it possible to change my Pay Go number to another city within the first 3 months of activation? I know they won't let you turn it into a post-paid account until the 3 months is up... does this 3 month rule apply to number changes as well.
    There was a thread a while back that addressed this , for a paygo account , at least on rogers , the number is the account number as well, change the number and you have changed the account number as well, so your balance is zeroed.

Depending on your current balance , you may just as well let it run down to the point of only losing pennies , or calling rogers csr if the balance is high enough.

Tuxxer
    My twitter id @tuxxer

Carrier
    Rogers
    Feedback Score
    Just call Rogers CS and state yor moving due to work or school and if they force you to loose your pay minutes they will loose you as a customer. If they refuse demand to speak with a manager and state you case, it always seems when manager involved things get done how you want it They want to keep you as a customer.

ANy other provider with change numbers with no issues, I use to be with telus and it cost me $10 pay as you go credits to change number done it 3 times no issues.

As of post about # is account number that is not true, i have 2 rogers phones on pay as you go an dmy account numbers are nothing like my cell #'s.

Also if they refuse teh credit transfer you may wish to look @ buying there crappy 99 phone with airtime and use that sim and sell phone on ebay.

Phones
    Sony Ericsson Z800
    Nokia 8801
    Blackberry 8700r
    Feedback Score
    hmm..i don't know if this is true..i did this many times...when i change my number...just make sure you tell the CSR to forward the balance to the new number...

this is by trial-an-error:
    i use to have 100 bucks credit on my pay as you go sim card with an ottawa number (613), then i decide to change it to a toronto number because i will be going there for a few weeks...i called in and ask them to change the number. okay, so the CSR change the number for me, then i notice i couldn't receive or call anyone. i called in again and ask whats going on..they said my balance is zero. then i told them i got the 100 bucks and all i did was changed my area code. then the CSR was gladly to RETREIVE my 100 dollars credit back to my Toronto number...

so i am not sure if your phone number is your account number...it maybe a reference number to retreive your account number...

Phones
    XDA
    Nokia 3100
    Carrier
    Rogers AT&T
    Feedback Score
    Is there any way to do this online?

Phones
    LG P500h Optimus One - great phone!
    LG vx5600
    Carriers
    Telus
    Verizon
    Feedback Score
    man, when I set up one of my Rogers paygo's last year, they sent me a letter with a ROgers acct number on it.. started similar to my cable number 232-########## something like that.. so paygo's DO have normal acct numbers..
    Loving my Allegany Mountain Camp.. 10!!! Acres of Nice and Quiet Peacefulness.. .....................
    oh, and I get to buy GOOD cheap beer at Duty Free every couple wks $22 2-4-Cans of Alexander Keiths Thats Half-Price!

Phones
    XDA
    Nokia 3100
    Carrier
    Rogers AT&T
    Feedback Score
    While I'm online on rogers.com, I go to My wireless services, but I do not see an option to change my phone #.

Phone
    iPhone 4
    Carrier
    Rogers Wireless
    Feedback Score
    Rogers.com is...unreliable...at the moment. Call PayGo Customer Care tomorrow.