Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: The PC Mobile FAQ

Feedback Score

I'd like to use a Bell phone on PC Mobile

The FAQ on this forum says the following.

3. What did of phones can I use with them?
    PC Mobile works on the Bell Mobility network therefore you would be using their CDMA network and some of their phones.

Does PC Mobile allow you to activate an existing Bell phone? To clarify, I mean a phone that was formerly on a Bell account.

An FAQ at PC Mobile's site says the following.

2. Do I need a PC mobile phone to use your service, or can I use a phone from another service provider?
    Yes, you will need a PC mobile phone to enjoy PC mobile service. Unfortunately, phones from other services providers cannot be used...

Does that also apply to all Bell phones?
    Last edited by Richard Lee; 03-13-2007 at 01:41 AM.

Device(s)
    LG Nexus 4
    Carrier(s)
    Wind
    Feedback Score
    I doubt it. They're a low end provider, I doubt they have anyone there with the know how to get a bell phone working on PCM.

Feedback Score

Can you unlock a pc phone and use it on another bell system?

I got an aliant contract with many years left on it, my samsung phone is total crap, I wanted to transfer my pc phone over to my aliant contract but there's an ever-loving 10 digit security code locking me out of nam programming (Nokia 2855i). Any way to get them to let me use it?

Feedback Score

US Roaming Charges

Just called the CSR about US Roaming. It's $1.80 to roam, and $0.99 for long distance to the US and Canada.

Carrier(s)
    Rogers Wireless
    Feedback Score
    Maxi and Provigo can be found everywhere in Quebec!
    Maxi has the nokia 2855 for 30$ this week

Device(s)
    Nokia 5310 w/Jabra BT250V handsfree, Nokia 6010, Nokia 6030
    Carrier(s)
    T-Mobile US, Fido, T-Mobile NL, Orange IL
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by delineate
    Just called the CSR about US Roaming. It's $1.80 to roam, and $0.99 for long distance to the US and Canada.
    That 1000+% markup sounds about right for LD to the US T-Mobile only has a 200% markup (Typically it costs 5˘ per minute or less to call either Canada or the US.)
    Moderator yahoogroups forum T-Mobile-US http://groups.yahoo.com/group/T-Mobile-US

Device(s)
    Blackberry 8130 Red
    Carrier(s)
    HELL Mobility
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Telekom
    Well, if it exists why don't you tell us where it exists?

There is a Toronto Ohio, a Toronto South Dakota as well as a Toronto Kansas!

I don't think Loblaw's has a branch store in any of those three however

I am from Prince Edward Island and on PEI, there is also a place named Toronto and Alaska. Living there for years, I never even knew the places existed until last year.
    Erika Weavers
    Virgin Mobile 803

Device(s)
    Blackberry 8130 Red
    Carrier(s)
    HELL Mobility
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by migo
    I doubt it. They're a low end provider, I doubt they have anyone there with the know how to get a bell phone working on PCM.
    To my knowledge, PC mobile is a cdma NETWORK, like Bell, Virgin, Telus, Solo, Kodoo, so any CDMA phone cannot work on another network.

Carrier(s)
    Koodo Mobile
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by ErikaW
    To my knowledge, PC mobile is a cdma NETWORK, like Bell, Virgin, Telus, Solo, Kodoo, so any CDMA phone cannot work on another network.
    huh?
    there is nothing preventing a CDMA phone from being used on another network except the provider. the provider makes the decision to block foreign ESN numbers from being used on their system.

Device(s)
    Sidekick 4G
    Carrier(s)
    WIND
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by ErikaW
    Pretty bad knowledge. Carriers simply block foreign ESNs, as posted above.
    The phones can also have different "software" (in reality the preferred roaming list) and that's the excuse they'll give you about why you can't bring a SaskTel phone into Bell. (Not like they ever allowed something like that in the past. )

Feedback Score
    Working at Loblaws and selling those PC phones, I can tell FOR SURE that Bell reps tell customers to get the PC phones and activate it on their Bell lines.

For one time, we had the Nokia 2855i for something like 50$ and all the Espace Bell reps send their customers to my Loblaws buying the 50$ phone, because Bell sold it for like 200$. So I know you can activate a PC phone on a Bell line.

From what I heard, though, is that Bell isin't allowing that anymore and apparently blocked PC's ESN numbers.

Device(s)
    LG KG800
    Carrier(s)
    Rogers wireless
    Feedback Score
    Does anyone know the flex plan 25 get how many minutes? can't seem to find any info on that on their website, call CS but nobody there

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2