Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: How to: Get your phone working with Bluesoleil Bluetooth drivers

Device(s)
    Palm Pre
    Carrier(s)
    Sprint
    Feedback Score

How to: Get your phone working with Bluesoleil Bluetooth drivers

MPT is still not working for me at least, but I haven't played around with it yet since I rarely use it anyway. Thanks to Taz for getting the right direction going, his post is buried in another thread and I haven't seen instructions surface anywhere else.

Install the Bluesoleil software before plugging in your dongle, and your computer should be prompted for a restart, which is recommended. Install the dongle now, I pointed Windows to the directory with the driver files, but apparently it also works to simply let Windows install the drivers automatically. Restart your computer again then head over to Device Manager where you should see your dongle listed under Bluetooth USB, mine says ISSC Bluetooth Device, but that may not be universal since I'm using a cheapo $12 dongle from Ledshoppe. Modems should also contain Bluetooth DUN Modem and Bluetooth Fax Modem.

Now go ahead and start the Bluesoleil program. First go to the My Bluetooth menu and click on the Security tab. Default is Medium, but it needs to be changed to High for it to properly discover the phone's services. Make your phone discoverable, in the My Bluetooth menu select Bluetooth Device Discovery. It should find your phone fairly quickly, mine picks it up easily. If not, restart the program and try again. You have to exit the program from the system tray as it is minimized there upon closing. Pair your phone by clicking on it and selecting Pair Device, go through the process of pairing with a passkey. If it works you'll see a check mark next to your phone on the screen. Under the My Bluetooth menu again, select Bluetooth Service discovery. For some weird reason this always makes my iTunes stop playing, I've yet to figure out why. Anyway, DUN and FTP should be highlighted in yellow in the main window. Either one can be now accessed. FTP works quite well, not the most robust of interfaces, but it gets the job done and is smooth.

Getting DUN to work properly is another task. Personally I use my own dial-up server so I haven't used #777 and can't test it here either since I'm on Alltel's network. Click on BT DUN and you should have a connect window pop up. I'm assuming that you already have created your own Dial-Up connection through Windows' native Create New Connection interface. Once you have opened the BT DUN service, it'll ask you about the ports, you can click either yes or no, it's really personal preference. Leave this BT DUN window open, and then open your own personal connection. Under properties, you need to select Bluetooth FAX Modem and unselect Bluetooth DUN Modem. (I've had mixed results here, play around with one, the other, or both checked. Latest successful result was with both checked) After that, it should dial your local number of choice.

So those are the basics, it worked for me and one other person that I know of. I haven't used MPT with it so I can't really help you on that one. DUN lately has been a bit shaky but I know it does work.
    Last edited by jlbrightbill; 04-21-2006 at 06:31 PM.

Device(s)
    Motorola RAZR V3c (VZW .04 Firmware) w/ RAZR H3
    Carrier(s)
    Verizon Wireless
    Feedback Score
    Its not too hard to get it to work with MPT.

You just have to put the phone in DUN mode. Dont actually connect tho, then just minimize the Blue Soliel screen and use MPT.

Device(s)
    Palm Pre
    Carrier(s)
    Sprint
    Feedback Score
    I tried that but MPT wouldn't detect my phone, I gave up after 5 or 10 minutes.

Device(s)
    Personal - Too Many.. see link in my signature
    Carrier(s)
    Personal - Verizon Wireless (CDMA) |
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by jlbrightbill
    I tried that but MPT wouldn't detect my phone, I gave up after 5 or 10 minutes.
    It seems with MPT V4.. it has to try then fail phone auto-detection like 3 or 4 times before it will let you enter the GUI so you can MANUALLY configure your phone from the "setup" menu...

Takes about 10 or 15 min... and is a major pain...
    Verizon Wireless Customer Council Member
    Verizon PHONE Hacking Info & How To's click -> HERE, <-- If you have suggestions PM me
    Need Help? PLEASE POST IN THE FORUMS instead of PM'ing me!!
    Read -> An Open Letter to those who PM me for help!

New to forums? -> Posting and you! <-a MUST Watch for all!!

Equipment I Have/USE click here, Phone Labs Dock-N-Talk...

Device(s)
    Motorola Droid
    Carrier(s)
    Verizon Wireless
    Feedback Score
    Sorry for the cross-posting, but I thought this might be a good place to mention it as well. I've got my 815 working with MPT, but I keep getting communication errors when I try to transfer images using the Image Studio over BlueTooth. All software is current and up to date. Any hints on where to start looking?

Device(s)
    TBolt, DroidX, Incredible, Droid1, Omnia II, HTC Imagio, BB Tour, BB Storm,Touch,Dare,Voyager
    Carrier(s)
    VZW - Headsets:
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by CFilkins
    Sorry for the cross-posting, but I thought this might be a good place to mention it as well. I've got my 815 working with MPT, but I keep getting communication errors when I try to transfer images using the Image Studio over BlueTooth. All software is current and up to date. Any hints on where to start looking?
    Why don't you just use OBEX?
    MPT is rather buggy at times (always?), and it isn't as fast as OBEX.

Device(s)
    Razr V3C
    Carrier(s)
    verizon
    Feedback Score
    make sure your phone bluetooth power is on, then turn off and turn on the phone, then the DUN profile on the phone will be enabled and when bluesoleil searches for devices, it will find the phone and you will be able to use MPT with the phone. I have this setup and I know it works.

you can try installing the hacked widcomm drivers (you can search for the link in this forum) and it will make your dongle work and you can use it with mpt. the problem with this is some bluetooth profiles may not work correctly, in my case the A2DP high quality audio profile from widcomm is not compatible with my dongle and the headphone, so I had to switch back to bluesoleil.

Device(s)
    Motorola Droid
    Carrier(s)
    Verizon Wireless
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Humpa
    Why don't you just use OBEX?
    MPT is rather buggy at times (always?), and it isn't as fast as OBEX.
    Using MPT, it appeared that it would automatically resize pictures that it moved across to the phone...

Device(s)
    Motorola Droid
    Carrier(s)
    Verizon Wireless
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by d0ughboy
    make sure your phone bluetooth power is on, then turn off and turn on the phone, then the DUN profile on the phone will be enabled and when bluesoleil searches for devices, it will find the phone and you will be able to use MPT with the phone. I have this setup and I know it works.

you can try installing the hacked widcomm drivers (you can search for the link in this forum) and it will make your dongle work and you can use it with mpt. the problem with this is some bluetooth profiles may not work correctly, in my case the A2DP high quality audio profile from widcomm is not compatible with my dongle and the headphone, so I had to switch back to bluesoleil.
    I have MPT seeing the phone without a problem, and was able to browse the directories on the phone, pull down the phonebook, etc. The problem occurred when I tried to move a picture over to the phone.

Device(s)
    Palm Pre
    Carrier(s)
    Sprint
    Feedback Score
    I never got the hacked Widcomm to work with my dongle, Bluesoleil works for OBEX, DUN, and MPT, so I kept it.

Device(s)
    Palm Pre
    Carrier(s)
    Sprint
    Feedback Score
    One minor problem I've noticed with the Bluesoleil drivers is some form of conflict with QPST. When I open a QPST application the IVT window pops up asking me to input a passkey for my phone to pair. If I cancel out of this QPST loads properly and detects my phone, if not, I have to close Bluesoliel completely and restart QPST.

Device(s)
    LG Dare
    Carrier(s)
    Verizon
    Feedback Score
    im a little late posting.. but i want to say THANK YOU lol.. i was wondering why i was having problems with bluesoleil.. i am now transfering my first audio..

Thanks alot man

Device(s)
    Palm Pre
    Carrier(s)
    Sprint
    Feedback Score
    This reminds me to add a tutorial on MPT functionality, so thank you as well.

Feedback Score
    thanks man

great info!

whats up yo

Device(s)
    LG Dare
    Carrier(s)
    Verizon
    Feedback Score
    does anyone know what format the video has to be in to go thru that ftp?

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast