Thread: Valet key to make master key

Phone
    Nokia Lumia 710, BlackBerry 9700, iPhone 3Gs
    Carrier
    T-Mobile
    Feedback Score

Valet key to make master key

Recently I just lose a master key (black) for my car. I've been using my valet key (grey) since I bought it, I thought it would be better for me to drive with valet key. Now I need that master key to lock and unlock my trunk releaser and glove box when I store something valuable inside it. My car is 2000 Honda Accord EX. Is it possible to make a master key from a valet key? how much will it cost me to do so?
    Last edited by plumers; 05-19-2006 at 11:04 PM.
    Cingular Wireless (11/02-1/03), AT&T Wireless (1/03-4/03), SprintPCS (2/03-8/03), Verizon Wireless (4/03-6/05), Nextel (5/04-5/05), and T-Mobile (6/05-present).

HOFO Feedback
    DeviantArt

My 1000th posts - December 8, 2005 at 6:48PM

Joined 2000 club - November 22, 2006 at 7:45AM

Phones
    Moto Q9c-Perfectly Customized
    LG Fusic
    Samsung A920..smashed, made it art
    Carriers
    Sprint
    Feedback Score
    nope..you'll have to get a key made using your VIN

do you have AAA (or CAA if yer a Canuck)? They did it for me for free. Otherwise bring your VIN to a Honda dealersip and they'll do it for you. Be about $35 (USD)
    ------------------------------------------

The Voodoo Empire for the best DJ mixes, updates weekly.

The Voodoo Empire on ITunes

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Rev. Voodoo

do you have AAA (or CAA if yer a Canuck)? They did it for me for free. Otherwise bring your VIN to a Honda dealersip and they'll do it for you. Be about $35 (USD)
    thats right, they cant make a copy of the valet key because it would just be another valet key and not the master one.
    so bring it back to Honda and the'll figure it all out for ya'

Phone
    Carrier
    T-Mobile
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Rev. Voodoo

They did one for you for free?? Making a master key from valet?

I had AAA but I cancelled it since I already have Honda Care (including towing service) plus towing service from my insurance company and I thought it would be a waste.

Phones
    LG Fusic
    Carriers
    Sprint
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by plumers
    They did one for you for free?? Making a master key from valet?

I had AAA but I cancelled it since I already have Honda Care (including towing service) plus towing service from my insurance company and I thought it would be a waste.
    no not from a valet key...but they came out..looked up the VIN on my car and cut me a key on the spot when I was locked out in Chicago....

Phone
    Carrier
    T-Mobile
    Feedback Score
    My key has chip inside it, immobiliser technology. Is that including the programming?

Carriers
    Cingular
    100% GSM, 100% of the time
    Feedback Score
    Wirelessly posted (eimajuno's: Mozilla/4.0 (compatible; MSIE 6.0; Windows 98; PalmSource/hspr-H102; Blazer/4.0) 16;320x320)

Maybe or maybe not. I needes another master key made for my 04 acura tsx and it set me back $50 usd. It really did not matter to me because I was moving and I needed it immediately.
    Follow me on twitter

I don't fear god. If it existed, it would fear me.

eimajuno's HoFo Feedback 100%+

Feedback Score
    are we talking about those master keys that can break into any honda/acura car?

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by plumers
    Is it possible to make a master key from a valet key? how much will it cost me to do so?
    You need to go to a Honda dealer with 2 pieces of ID & your car's registration papers showing the VIN number and your name as the owner or lessor of the vehicle... the fee varies between dealerships, so call around if you want the best price.

Here in Vancouver, keys are usually about $35-$75 CDN depending on the make and the dealership you go to.

It can take as little as 20 minutes to 24 hours to several days to get your new key, also depending on the dealer, so again, call around if you need it done quickly.
    Last edited by Guest 153; 05-23-2006 at 09:52 PM.

Phones
    LG Fusic
    Carriers
    Sprint
    Feedback Score
    whats odd....is that on my old car..I had a key with a chip. But when AAA came out and cut me a new key it was just a plain metal key....no chip. And it worked fine?

Carrier
    T-Mobile
    Feedback Score
    ^ I know if you have a chipped key within a certain distance, you can start your car with a plain metal key sometimes. Perhaps your key was inside your car or somewhere close?
    Castrol EDGE 5W-30 is my drug of choice.

Toyota | let's go places

Primary: iPhone 5S and LG G2: 5 lines, 1x $15 5GB data, 2x $5 Android web, 1x $2.99 T-Zones, myFaves, corp discount + $10/mo loyalty discount = $88/mo tax inclusive
    Secondary: iPhone 4 & Optimus Dynamic II: TracFone (Verizon); Galaxy Epic: RingPlus (Sprint)
    Tablet: iPad Mini Retina w/ T-Mobile 4G LTE | Galaxy Tab 3 w/ T-Mobile 4G LTE

Phones
    LG Fusic
    Carriers
    Sprint
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by IsLand_BoY
    ^ I know if you have a chipped key within a certain distance, you can start your car with a plain metal key sometimes. Perhaps your key was inside your car or somewhere close?
    Nope, I lost the only key I had for it in a nightclub 10 miles away.....