Thread: voicemail read receipts

Phones
    samsung 357
    motorola
    Carrier
    cingular
    Feedback Score

voicemail read receipts

after I retrieve my voicemail I have the option to check receipt of message by pressing #3. My question is: Why do I receive a recording that says "this number is not a valid number" but if you use the cingular tool to check to see if the number is in the cingular network it verify's it is a cingular number?

My next question is: After a certain amount of time if I haven't sent someone a message will it still say all messages received, or after a certain amount of time if I haven't sent them a message what will the message say then?

I have the samsung 357 phone.

Phones
    Nokia 6682
    Nokia 6230b
    LG CU500
    Carrier
    Cingular
    Feedback Score
    My guess would be that whoever you are sending the message to is on a different voicemail system... I know here in the DFW Area we have several voicemail systems. Each one of the 4 phones on my parents family plan plus my line are all on different voicemail systems.

Phones
    Samsung Captivate
    Samsung Captivate
    Motorola V3xx (retired)
    Carrier
    AT&T
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by landonjh
    My guess would be that whoever you are sending the message to is on a different voicemail system... I know here in the DFW Area we have several voicemail systems. Each one of the 4 phones on my parents family plan plus my line are all on different voicemail systems.
    Exactly. Everyone I know around here is on the same platform, located in Birmingham.

To answer the second question, the message you get won't change after a certain amount of time. Just think of it as telling you that all the messages you've sent to that mailbox have been received, and there are none outstanding.
    The 411 on Free 411
    Hanging Up on Telemarketers
    Need to waste some valuable time? Read my blog![/COLOR] Marion's Time Waster