Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: What do part time benefits look like?

Feedback Score

What do part time benefits look like?

I may be applying to verizon as a part time sales rep. I am pretty confident I could get the job. What types of benefits do they offer part time sales reps?

Jeremy

Feedback Score
    i am a part time vzw sales rep and everything is pretty much the same except that you pay more for your insurance i paid about 140 a month because i had dental and medical on me and a child. If you learn the system u can make more on commision as a part time rep

Device(s)
    BlackBerry Storm 9530
    Carrier(s)
    Verizon Wireless
    Feedback Score
    I worked part time for VZW.
    My benefits (Cigna HMO & Aetna Dental) came out to $95 BI-WEEKLY...OUCH!!
    Full time is like $45 every 2 weeks, which is alot better.

Even though I am bitter w/ VZW for terminating me...I have to say they do have the best benefits of any company I've been with.

For example:

VZW: day 1 they match 100% of your dollar up to 6%

Linens 'N Things: after 11 months, they match 100% of your dollar UP TO 4% and then 50% for the next 2%...I do IT help desk for their corporate office now (which I like so much better than selling phones, its in the right direction of my career- BS in computer science graduate...but the pay is crap in comparison to VZW).

Stayin Front: after 6 months, they match 50% of your dollar UP TO 5%, which is CRAP! (I was offered but delinced a help desk position w/ them...they develop software that all pharmaceutical sales reps use to track their calls and visits to doctors offices).

Medical & Dental
    VZW: MEDICAL is day 1...$15 copay...$50 deductible on ER visits unless you're admitted then its all covered.....DENTAL I never had to pay anything other than the $3.00 they deducted from my paycheck bi-weekly.

Linens 'N Things: MEDICAL United Healthcare (never heard of them) is 90 days after you're hired...$30 copay...$100 deductible on ER visits unless you're admitted, then there's a $400 deductible- then the insurance covers 80%- and THEN you're still liable for the remaining 20%...just hope that you dont get sick!!.....DENTAL is MetLife which is not a no-name company, but something like you're allowed $1000 a year in visits, cleanings, etc.....I'm glad I had all 4 of my wisdom teeth removed under VZW's insurance last Fall because I know the $1000 does not cover surgery. It was some shady business like the deductible this- and then we cover that- and then you're remaining balance is this.

Peace all...
    "A disgruntled former VZW PT sales rep"
    J. RoadZ
    [email protected]

DISCLAIMER: My posts on this forum is strictly my opinion. Furthermore, I DO NOT represent NOR speak on behalf of ANY wireless carrier.

Device(s)
    BlackBerry Storm 9530
    Carrier(s)
    Verizon Wireless
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by rbrock3509
    i am a part time vzw sales rep and everything is pretty much the same except that you pay more for your insurance i paid about 140 a month because i had dental and medical on me and a child. If you learn the system u can make more on commision as a part time rep
    To go off what rbrock said...I made MORE part time 25 hours a week than most FULL TIME 40 hour a week sales reps in my location.

FYI: no matter what they tell you, you CANT make more money in a Circuit City or BJ's kiosk than in a store.

On paper it will look like you did but they screwed me over royally.

For example:

Monthly target dollars $800 part time (which is cake- that $800 is based on if you just hit quota, dont sell accessories or data or nothing)

For the most part, my part time commission checks ranged between $1500-$2300/month.

One time I was 210% to quota as I was allowed to do overtime in the store (while working as a CC kiosk rep).

A CC kiosk rep quota is about 40 deals while a store is about 150 as there's more traffic, so that worked to my advantage.

When the commission check was cut, it did not total $5100 like I expected...they take your monthly target dollars of $800 and multiply it by 250% = $2000...so anything you made over the $2000, VZW took HALF and lef you keep HALF...WTF!?!?...so $5100 check - $2000 = $3100...VZW took $1550 and gave me the other half so $2000 + $1550 = $3550...AND then commission is taxed about 40% so I walked away w/ like a $3100 check INCLUDING hourly.

PM me or post here if you have any questions of why I'm a disgruntled former VZW sales rep...peace all

Feedback Score
    TO expand on what herbrock17 said when they do that is when your quota is 40 or less every month. Cause i did start off in a CC Kiosk and I made over 60000 till they made some changes. Which I understand it would be impossible to keep paying the reps in the kiosk that have smaller quotas to keep paying them that kind of money. I work in a larger store now and i almost make the same thing but i work a lot harder for it.

Device(s)
    LG VX9800
    Carrier(s)
    Verizon
    Feedback Score
    You know what's best is when you go on salary so you work 50 - 70 hours a week and don't get reimbursed for OT. I'm PT and I always will be PT but if I ever want to work 40 or more, I'll see every penny -_-v

Device(s)
    AT&T iPhone
    Carrier(s)
    AT&T
    Feedback Score
    i just switched from part to full time 2 weeks ago.

current med, dental, vision, and small disability is 2438 a year right now for just the employee on the western side of the US.

but once you go full it is cut to 1100 with full benefits life @ 184,000 and then whatever you want to add for your 401k.

that is just for employee though. i will add bout 500-600 for 1 dependent when my baby is born in june.

hope this helps.

-Adam
    PYROBLING @ HOFONITCREW
    Member of HoFo Nite Crew at upoc.com
    http://www.upoc.com/group.jsp?group=hofonitecrew

i have now owned 109 cell phones ending with an iPhone muh ha ha ha
    so my friend told me :
    "adam, you are such a phone slut"
    i replied "DUH! i'm just a slut in general!"

-JOIN THE NETWORK-
    TIME TO GET ON WITH THE RIGHT TECHNOLOGY AND DEVICES

Feedback Score
    I was wondering if verizon offered orthodontic treatment as part of the dental plan? anyone know?

Feedback Score
    Do you also get tuition reimbursement if you're p/t?

Device(s)
    BlackBerry Storm 9530
    Carrier(s)
    Verizon Wireless
    Feedback Score
    Tuition reimbursement is $2,000 per semester for part-time and $4,000 for full-time. This is provided you obtain a "C" or "Pass" grade in the class. The class has to be related to the business or computers. It also has to be an accredited college or university (i.e. not a DeVry or PC Age type school).

The options they had were VZW would pay the school up front and you'd mail official transcripts at the completion of the semester showing a passing grade. If you didn't pass, they would require you to pay them back within 90 or so days.

The other option, which I did, was reimbursement. I paid for my tuition and then at the end of the semester would send them the transcripts and I would see the $2,000 UNTAXED for the semester on my paycheck within 2-3 pay periods...this is partly how I was able to put $10K down on my 2004 Daytona Blue Nissan 350Z Touring 6-Speed Coupe!

Peace all...

(VZW terminated me 1/31/06 as a part-time Retail Sales Rep...I'm glad as I'm working for Ernst & Young LLP now doing Technology Support [.e. helpdesk] and couldn't be happier!!)

Feedback Score
    kool, thanx for the info, was it worth workin for vzw p/t? y did they fire u

Device(s)
    BlackBerry Storm 9530
    Carrier(s)
    Verizon Wireless
    Feedback Score
    I issued out too many discounts on accessories to friends, and $25 referral credits to my fiancee...lol

Device(s)
    HTC Touch
    Carrier(s)
    Sprint
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by herbrock17
    I issued out too many discounts on accessories to friends, and $25 referral credits to my fiancee...lol
    What exactly could you be bitter about?

Device(s)
    Galaxy Nexus (at&t hspa+)
    Carrier(s)
    AT&T
    Feedback Score
    check my sig
    Best Buy Mobile

Device(s)
    BlackBerry Storm 9530
    Carrier(s)
    Verizon Wireless
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by AnArmyofNone
    What exactly could you be bitter about?
    Bitter about the 300 lb+ d!<khead of a manager who was "trying to do HIS job" being fresh out of training not even having 1 year under his belt when I had 5.5, following the rulebook word for word...its not even about being bitter, but it was being "on his radar" and him proactively looking for a reason to nudge me out the door.

I rejoiced when I heard he was not meeting his Year Over Year quota and was demoted from the manager of a Level 2 store to the manager of several Circuit City kiosks in the area, i.e. no more office for him...his car was his new office, LOL!!

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast