Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: What do part time benefits look like?

Device(s)
    Moto E815
    Carrier(s)
    Verizon,
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by herbrock17

Medical & Dental
    VZW: MEDICAL is day 1
    That can't be right?

Medical starts on day one? No 90 day waiting period?

Device(s)
    Blackberry Curve 8330
    Carrier(s)
    Verizon Wireless
    Feedback Score
    yup. day 1.

Device(s)
    Moto Q 9m
    Carrier(s)
    Verizon
    Feedback Score
    I cannot believe that benefits start from day one. Is this true for all employees? Does this include mgmt?

Device(s)
    BlackBerry Storm 9530
    Carrier(s)
    Verizon Wireless
    Feedback Score
    Yes, day 1
    J. RoadZ
    [email protected]

DISCLAIMER: My posts on this forum is strictly my opinion. Furthermore, I DO NOT represent NOR speak on behalf of ANY wireless carrier.

Device(s)
    Moto Q 9m
    Carrier(s)
    Verizon
    Feedback Score
    thanks for answering back so quickly.

Carrier(s)
    NEXTEL
    Feedback Score

VZW 401k

For the record VZW does NOT match 401k on day 1. Some companies match day 1, some match after 1 year, VZW matches after 3 years.

Device(s)
    A phone
    Carrier(s)
    Verizon
    Feedback Score
    That must only be for part time employees because they do match 401k for full time employees starting day 1.

Sucks to be part time I guess.

Device(s)
    BlackBerry Storm 9530
    Carrier(s)
    Verizon Wireless
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Lauralea35
    For the record VZW does NOT match 401k on day 1. Some companies match day 1, some match after 1 year, VZW matches after 3 years.
    I'm sorry, but I have to call you out on that one...I was part time from my hire date of 8/22/2002 through my end date of 1/31/2006...they do match 401k from day 1. I'm not sure if they changed it since then, but 3 years is news to me.

I actually remember them preaching about the 401k matching dollar for dollar up to 6% to us and medical/dental starting on day 1 as well...the preached that to us because they kept cutting our commission in half month over month (one reason I left).

Honestly, take advantage of VZW's 401k plan. Ernst & Young's 401k plan sucks. You can put in money from day 1, but they don't match until after your 1st year. They only match $0.25 to the dollar up until your 5th year with the firm, where it's $0.50

Peace all...

Feedback Score
    the 3 years is if you withdraw from the 401k before then you wont get the matching dollar for dollar thing. you have to keep it vested for 3 years before you can benefit from it, borrow against it, LTI, etc.

Feedback Score

part-time benefits?

Every co-worker I know that does part-time says one thing...

EXPENSIVE!!!!

good luck if you have a family.

Device(s)
    LG enV
    Carrier(s)
    Verizon Wireless
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by tackle
    the 3 years is if you withdraw from the 401k before then you wont get the matching dollar for dollar thing. you have to keep it vested for 3 years before you can benefit from it, borrow against it, LTI, etc.

yep that is right! but true that it does accumulate everything you put in it from day 1 (up to 6% as mentioned).

and yea medical from day 1!! amazing isnt it?!

Device(s)
    T-Mobile G1
    Carrier(s)
    T-Mobile
    Feedback Score
    i guess the only unanswered question is..... What are the Employee Phone Benefits like?

I recently quit my job at T-Mobile and got hired on with verizon....

in T-Mobile i got 3 lines with 2000 min each and Unlimited Internet & Text for 10 bucks per line in addition to a free Data line (internet card) and a free home phone.... In all i paid about $35 bucks after taxes....

i know now to expect the same goodies at verizon but what should i expect?

Thanx in advance for your replies!
    Verizon Here I Come!

Device(s)
    Motorola Droid (Verizon)
    Carrier(s)
    R.I.P. Nextel 1993-2005
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by BREATHE TMOBILE
    i guess the only unanswered question is..... What are the Employee Phone Benefits like?

I recently quit my job at T-Mobile and got hired on with verizon....

in T-Mobile i got 3 lines with 2000 min each and Unlimited Internet & Text for 10 bucks per line in addition to a free Data line (internet card) and a free home phone.... In all i paid about $35 bucks after taxes....

i know now to expect the same goodies at verizon but what should i expect?

Thanx in advance for your replies!
    Damn that sounds nice. Can you compare the t-mo benefits to Verizon and see who is better. It sounds like vzw may be better despite that.

Device(s)
    LG Dare
    Carrier(s)
    Verizon Wireless
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by herbrock17
    Bitter about the 300 lb+ d!<khead of a manager who was "trying to do HIS job" being fresh out of training not even having 1 year under his belt when I had 5.5, following the rulebook word for word...its not even about being bitter, but it was being "on his radar" and him proactively looking for a reason to nudge me out the door.

I rejoiced when I heard he was not meeting his Year Over Year quota and was demoted from the manager of a Level 2 store to the manager of several Circuit City kiosks in the area, i.e. no more office for him...his car was his new office, LOL!!
    You broke the rules, you violated the code of conduct by pulling up friends accounts and you broke the core value of integrity. Idk how you could be bitter you practically handed him a reason to fire you.

Carrier(s)
    MetroPCS
    Feedback Score
    What could one expect to make as a part-time sales rep after commissions, etc? Is ~$1000-$1500 a month bring-home reasonable working ~30 hours a week?

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast