Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: need seem 2742 (flashed vzw to alltel)

Device(s)
    V3c
    Carrier(s)
    VZW
    Feedback Score

Exclamation I REALLY do need seem 2742 (flashed vzw to alltel)

So, I flashed from vzw to alltel and was following the instructions... when i came across the seem file copying part. I thought it was a bit weird, but did just as the instructions said to. Now, my seem 2742 seems to have been overwritten each time I opened a seem file and wrote to the phone....

So, if someone who has flashed from VZW to Alltel would please post up there seem 2742, I could get past this stage... Thanks in advance.

Last edited by rahki; 05-26-2006 at 07:51 AM. Reason: urgency?

Device(s)
    VZW V3c flashed w/Alltel v4
    Carrier(s)
    VerizonWireless
    Feedback Score
    I believe on this page http://www.v710.org/mark/ you can get the 2742 seem to download with all the edits done to it already. If I recall it's down at the bottom of the page. It's been a while since I been there.

Quote Originally Posted by rahki
    Now, my seem 2742 seems to have been overwritten each time I opened a seem file and wrote to the phone....
    There a numerous 2472 seem edits you can do so what your saying isn't very clear. Are you saying any other seem edit ### you do overwrites your 2742 seem. If so how is your phone still functioning. Anyways hope that link will help you get what you need. Peace and good luck to you.

Device(s)
    V3c
    Carrier(s)
    VZW
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by pyde_pypper
    I believe on this page http://www.v710.org/mark/ you can get the 2742 seem to download with all the edits done to it already. If I recall it's down at the bottom of the page. It's been a while since I been there.

There a numerous 2472 seem edits you can do so what your saying isn't very clear. Are you saying any other seem edit ### you do overwrites your 2742 seem. If so how is your phone still functioning. Anyways hope that link will help you get what you need. Peace and good luck to you.
    Thanks... I guess it was supposed to overwrite it... I just don't know how to do text msgs on this alltel and I thought I messed it up. I still haven't been able to find the text messaging... I'm sure I'll find it sooner or later. Thanks for your help.

Device(s)
    Carrier(s)
    VerizonWireless
    Feedback Score
    If your just trying to do a plain txt msg hit ur menu key go over to the msg icon hit the menu key again and go down to creat msg and follow threw the screens. Now if you want to do Pix msgs then you have to do all the GIN fixes and so on in the Wiki, but like I said if all you do is plain txt msgs then it should work as long as you did those few seem edits correctly. Try a test, send a txt msg to your normal on-line e-mail adress and see that it goes threw.

Device(s)
    Carrier(s)
    VerizonWireless
    Feedback Score
    One other thought for you, if you do a lot of txt msgs why don't you jus tremap your right or left soft key to mssages and then it will be right on the screen when you open you pfone. I mostly use my phone as a phone and not all the other crap so I have my left soft key to msgs, right soft key is recent calls, and the middle nav key I set to if you push down it goes straight to contacts. So I've got the 3 most used keys set for easy access. To do this go to personalize- then home screen- then home keys - then key down and change the ones you want to change. Good luck. Peace

Device(s)
    Carrier(s)
    VerizonWireless
    Feedback Score
    My bad bud, I just checked but the 2742 seem download on that link is for the VZW firmware not for a V3c flash to alltel. I thought I saw one around for the altell flash let me think and I'll post the link if I come across it, otherwise you'll need to do them one at a time.

Device(s)
    V3c
    Carrier(s)
    VZW
    Feedback Score

Cool If you've flashed to Alltel from VZW

My bad bud, I just checked but the 2742 seem download on that link is for the VZW firmware not for a V3c flash to alltel. I thought I saw one around for the altell flash let me think and I'll post the link if I come across it, otherwise you'll need to do them one at a time.
    Well, I copied the seem for VZW firmware anyways... When I tried to re-do them all one at a time, it still overwrites the beginning part of seem 2742...
    I've been up all night trying to get this thing to work right... still searching all the forums.... but, I gotta go to work and it's gonna be a crazy weekend... at least I can send/receive calls right now.

I also got the text msg to work... it just doesn't make any noise when I receive it--no problem there for now.

I also can't get the startup sound to work--but the shutdown sound works and both animations still work--I'll try to figure that out.

I can't get additional ringtones to work either--the ones I've added--missed a couple calls earlier and couldn't figure out how.

So, this is far from being over, but from what I've seen so far on the firmware, I love it. I've already played a bit with the WAP and googled a couple things for the heck of it. Applied a new skin which is so much better looking and plan to customize my own from scratch in the future (when more time is available).

Being able to reorder menu items, different shortcuts... it actually feels like a regular phone now.

Thanks for the help. (I almost started trying to copy the seem from a jpg... )

This is just the beginning, too.... I hear Verizon has a new phone with expandable memory? V3m? hmmmmmm I still have my old V710 ready to return for credit......

BTW, if someone has flashed to AllTel from VZW,
    please send me a copy of your Seem 2742 90 bits!!!!!!!
    Last edited by rahki; 05-26-2006 at 05:22 PM. Reason: additional info request

Device(s)
    V3c
    Carrier(s)
    VZW
    Feedback Score
    This is my current Seem 2742, 90 bits, Rec 0001:

It's like some hybrid VZW and Alltel....

Anyhow: My text messages don't make any sound when they arrive!!!!
    I've checked the sounds and I've checked the portions of the seem where SMS are related, but I'm missing something.

Where is this messed up?

My added mp3's don't work as ringtones, either--this used to work.

Also, on startup, no sound with the gif... it used to work....

Someone help me out here---I can't find anything on it. I'd hate to have to flash back to VZW and then back to Alltel

Device(s)
    NAPOLEON Q9n S/W NAP_AP_01.31.00R
    Carrier(s)
    Verizon
    Feedback Score
    Here this is "Seem 2742 Bytes 0000 Record 0001" from my V3c flashed to Alltel. Make sure you enter "Bytes 0000" It has all the popular seem edits except for the extra ringtones as i found out that if you have those set and you have Vibrate or Vibe Then Ring set and you try to change a ring setting the only options you will have are Silent and those ringtone no Vibrate options. Since those are not meant to be on the phone they push down the Vibrate options where you can't scroll down to select them anymore.

http://rapidshare.de/files/21509432/2742_0001.rar.html
    Of Those Who Say Nothing Few Are Silent

Device(s)
    V3c
    Carrier(s)
    VZW
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by GoldMembr
    Here this is "Seem 2742 Bytes 0000 Record 0001" from my V3c flashed to Alltel. Make sure you enter "Bytes 0000" It has all the popular seem edits except for the extra ringtones as i found out that if you have those set and you have Vibrate or Vibe Then Ring set and you try to change a ring setting the only options you will have are Silent and those ringtone no Vibrate options. Since those are not meant to be on the phone they push down the Vibrate options where you can't scroll down to select them anymore.

THANK YOU!!!
    I did a Master Clear... changed the phone drastically. I didn't do it because I thought I wasn't supposed to (I still think it says not to...). Anyhow, I've got this and now I can check to see what happens. If this doesn't work, then it's back to VZW and start all over.

At the moment, I can't test the txt msg to see if it sounds anythings when receiving a text... but, now when I'm selecting ringtones, I'm able to hear the added mp3s... so, that's a good sign. This happened after the Master Clear.

I'm still not sure if the Master Clear should've been done. The interface is a lot more similar to VZW now... just more functional.

If anyone has any input, it's appreciated.

Thanks again GoldMembr!

Device(s)
    Motorola Razr V3M
    Carrier(s)
    Verizon Wireless
    Feedback Score

Try This one Hope Is Helps

Quote Originally Posted by rahki
    This is my current Seem 2742, 90 bits, Rec 0001:

It's like some hybrid VZW and Alltel....

Anyhow: My text messages don't make any sound when they arrive!!!!
    I've checked the sounds and I've checked the portions of the seem where SMS are related, but I'm missing something.

Where is this messed up?

My added mp3's don't work as ringtones, either--this used to work.

Also, on startup, no sound with the gif... it used to work....

Someone help me out here---I can't find anything on it. I'd hate to have to flash back to VZW and then back to Alltel

Complete 2742 record 1 bytes0000 seem hacked and ready to roll
    You can get it at my post http://www.howardforums.com/showthread.php?t=937073 good luck hope this helps
    -John

Device(s)
    Motorola Razr V3M
    Carrier(s)
    Verizon Wireless
    Feedback Score
    I was wondering if you or anyone could help me in a major way? I used P2kCommander 3.29 on my V3M with PST 7.1.1 running background to copy the arcmedia.ini and adjust the vid duration to 120 but when I overwrote the file they both got wiped out. I tried uploading the original arcmedia.ini but it says generic error and wont take it with the extension .ini without it however the phone takes it no problem. Now my camera is showing up saying it has a flash and totallly acting goofy no video recording no pix or flix show up from card, etc. Tried BitPim and cannot get it to recognize my phone no matter what I do but I could never get bitpim working to begin with. I was wondering if you could use P2KCommander on your V3M edited or unedited arcmedia.ini and copy the complete folder arcmedia itself from a/brew/mod/ (wherever you copy it to on your computer it shows up unrecognized by windows which is good because the phone understands it once windows converts it to a txt pad document its done. With the arcmedia.ini intact in the original arcmedia file I believe I can delete the old one and replace it with this one and fix the camera issue. ANY HELP WOULD BE GREATLY APPRECIATED AND I WOULD BE FOREVER IN DEBT. AS WELL AS I WILL OWE YOU BUG TIME AND QUITE A FEW FAVORS. I went to the store to get a swap out but the PA area is out of the grey V3M PLEASE HELP ME YOU GUYS ARE MY LAST HOPE. Thank You Very Much For Your Time and Help In Advance.

-John Gaud

Device(s)
    Personal - Too Many.. see link in my signature
    Carrier(s)
    Personal - Verizon Wireless (CDMA) |
    Feedback Score
    I believe on this page http://www.v710.org/mark/ you can get the 2742 seem....
    URL has changed... its http://mark.cdmaforums.com
    Verizon Wireless Customer Council Member
    Verizon PHONE Hacking Info & How To's click -> HERE, <-- If you have suggestions PM me
    Need Help? PLEASE POST IN THE FORUMS instead of PM'ing me!!
    Read -> An Open Letter to those who PM me for help!

New to forums? -> Posting and you! <-a MUST Watch for all!!

Equipment I Have/USE click here, Phone Labs Dock-N-Talk...

Device(s)
    Personal - Too Many.. see link in my signature
    Carrier(s)
    Personal - Verizon Wireless (CDMA) |
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by GoldMembr

That is the same one you let me put a link to on the bottom of my Seem edit page a while back.. and is still thre...

Device(s)
    TBolt, DroidX, Incredible, Droid1, Omnia II, HTC Imagio, BB Tour, BB Storm,Touch,Dare,Voyager
    Carrier(s)
    VZW - Headsets:
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Mark_Venture
    That is the same one you let me put a link to on the bottom of my Seem edit page a while back.. and is still thre...
    Since we're posting on this thread again, I believe I have that seem too (in my signature).
    GoldMembr gave me a few seems and I added them to my zip of original/edited seems for the V710/E815/V3c/V3m.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast