Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread: Here are VX9800 V05 .bin and .dll files

Device(s)
    Touch Pro 2
    Carrier(s)
    Sprint Sero
    Feedback Score

Here are VX9800 V05 .bin and .dll files

I found this on mobile-files.com It's the .dll and .bin files for flashing the vx9800 to V05. I thought some people would be interested in this. Since I don't have a 9800, I have not tried it and make no claims whether it works or not. Here is the link to the thread that contains the link to the zip file.

http://mobile-files.com/forum/showthread.php?t=27558

Good luck.

Device(s)
    LG VX9900 enV Silver - V04
    Carrier(s)
    Verizon Wireless
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by OrangeGator
    I found this on mobile-files.com It's the .dll and .bin files for flashing the vx9800 to V05. I thought some people would be interested in this. Since I don't have a 9800, I have not tried it and make no claims whether it works or not. Here is the link to the thread that contains the link to the zip file.

Good luck.
    Thanks, OrangeGator, I just bit the bullet and updated my firmware to V05 from V02. It was my first time ever updating the firmware on any phone, and it was rather painless. It worked perfectly, and the only change I have seen so far is the addition of MOD. I will be on the lookout for other changes.

Device(s)
    Touch Pro 2
    Carrier(s)
    Sprint Sero
    Feedback Score
    You're welcome. Glad it worked.

edit: Also, I forgot to add, read this thread before flashing and you should be able to restore any lost games and apps.

http://www.howardforums.com/showthread.php?t=824826
    Last edited by OrangeGator; 06-07-2006 at 06:22 PM.

Carrier(s)
    verizon
    Feedback Score

Talking it works

it works must tell everyone

Feedback Score

Dun & BlueTooth

Does Dun & BlueTooth work the same as ver2?

Carrier(s)
    Verizon/ share everything
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by huckdogg
    Thanks, OrangeGator, I just bit the bullet and updated my firmware to V05 from V02. It was my first time ever updating the firmware on any phone, and it was rather painless. It worked perfectly, and the only change I have seen so far is the addition of MOD. I will be on the lookout for other changes.
    How do u install it.

Device(s)
    Carrier(s)
    Verizon Wireless
    Feedback Score

How to Install VX9800 V05 Firmware at Home

Ok, here are the instructions for flashing your own phone.
    Please note that flashing your own phone carries the slight possibility of destroying your phone and voiding the warranty! Make sure your battery is charged, the cable does not get pulled out of the phone, and your computer does not get turned off during the process! Do not blame me or OrangeGator if something bad happens.

That said, off we go:

You must download LG Download 1.6 from the link in this thread:
    http://mobile-files.com/forum/showthread.php?t=27501

Then you download the firmware .bin file and dll (they come in the same zip file) from the link in this thread:

- Unzip the "1.6 Store version" and "Patch 2" folders from the file downloaded from the first link
    - Run "LGDPv1.6_Simple_Version.msi" in the "1.6 Store version" folder and let it install
    - After it installs, it will tell you to restart, but don't just yet
    - Open the folder inside "1.6 Store version" labeled "NEW USB Driver 4.6 WHQL" and install "LGUSBModemDriver_Eng_WHQL_Ver_4.6.exe". It might ask you if you want to uninstall. Go ahead and say yes, let it uninstall, and then reinstall by double-clicking "LGUSBModemDriver_Eng_WHQL_Ver_4.6.exe" again. We do this just to make sure you have the correct drivers.
    - Now open the "Patch 2" folder and install "LGDPv1.6_PRL_ERI_Disable_For_Upgrade_Patch_2. msp"
    - Now restart your computer
    - When the computer boots back up, open the "T98VZV05.zip" file and unzip the 2 files inside (remember where you put them)
    - Now run "VX9800M_DLL_v0.5.3.5.exe" that you just unzipped
    - After it installs, you are ready to flash your phone!

BEYOND THIS POINT, YOU HAVE A SLIGHT POSSIBILTY OF FRYING THE PHONE. BEWARE!

- Plug your VX9800 into your PC using your data cable (not sure if you can do this over bluetooth and I wouldn't recommend being the first to try)
    - Open LGDownload from your Start menu and All Programs
    - On the right side of LGDownload, you should see information about your phone (software version, model, etc.) that the program is detecting straight off your phone
    - In the text box labeled "Bin File Path" type in or browse for "T98VZV05.bin" that you unzipped earlier
    - Now make sure your phone is connected properly and that nothing will interupt the process!
    - Click "Upgrade Start"
    - The process should run on its on. It took about 30 minutes for me to complete.
    - When LGDownload says that the process has finished, click "End" or the process with flash your phone again
    - Close LGDownload, and check the SW version on your phone. You should have a 05 on the end of it.

I hope the instructions can help people get their VX9800 flashed.

As an aside, TribalDragon, for future reference, it is bad form to repost information as your own when you read it from someone else. You should have just replied in OrangeGator's thread so it got bumped back to the top and he got the credit for informing us.
    Last edited by huckdogg; 06-08-2006 at 12:07 PM.

Carrier(s)
    verizon
    Feedback Score
    [QUOTE=huckdogg]Ok, here are the instructions for flashing your own phone.
    Please note that flashing your own phone carries the slight possibility of destroying your phone and voiding the warranty! Make sure your battery is charged, the cable does not get pulled out of the phone, and your computer does not get turned off during the process! Do not blame me or OrangeGator if something bad happens.

That said, off we go:

You must download LG Download 1.6 from the link in this thread:
    http://mobile-files.com/forum/showthread.php?t=27501

Then you download the firmware .bin file and dll (they come in the same zip file) from the link in this thread:

- Unzip the "1.6 Store version" and "Patch 2" folders from the file downloaded from the first link
    - Run "LGDPv1.6_Simple_Version.msi" in the "1.6 Store version" folder and let it install
    - After it installs, it will tell you to restart, but don't just yet
    - Open the folder inside "1.6 Store version" labeled "NEW USB Driver 4.6 WHQL" and install "LGUSBModemDriver_Eng_WHQL_Ver_4.6.exe". It might ask you if you want to uninstall. Go ahead and say yes, let it uninstall, and then reinstall by double-clicking "LGUSBModemDriver_Eng_WHQL_Ver_4.6.exe" again. We do this just to make sure you have the correct drivers.
    - Now open the "Patch 2" folder and install "LGDPv1.6_PRL_ERI_Disable_For_Upgrade_Patch_2. msp"
    - Now restart your computer
    - When the computer boots back up, open the "T98VZV05.zip" file and unzip the 2 files inside (remember where you put them)
    - Now run "VX9800M_DLL_v0.5.3.5.exe" that you just unzipped
    - After it installs, you are ready to flash your phone!

BEYOND THIS POINT, YOU HAVE A SLIGHT POSSIBILTY OF FRYING THE PHONE. BEWARE!

- Plug your VX9800 into your PC using your data cable (not sure if you can do this over bluetooth and I wouldn't recommend being the first to try)
    - Open LGDownload from your Start menu and All Programs
    - On the right side of LGDownload, you should see information about your phone (software version, model, etc.) that the program is detecting straight off your phone
    - In the text box labeled "Bin File Path" type in or browse for "T98VZV05.bin" that you unzipped earlier
    - Now make sure your phone is connected properly and that nothing will interupt the process!
    - Click "Upgrade Start"
    - The process should run on its on. It took about 30 minutes for me to complete.
    - When LGDownload says that the process has finished, click "End" or the process with flash your phone again
    - Close LGDownload, and check the SW version on your phone. You should have a 05 on the end of it.

I hope the instructions can help people get their VX9800 flashed.

As an aside, TribalDragon, for future reference, it is bad form to repost information as your own when you read it from someone else. You should have just replied in OrangeGator's thread so it got bumped back to the top and he got the credit for informing us.

i did it to get peoples ATTENTION i guess it work.....
    Last edited by tribaldragon; 06-08-2006 at 12:40 PM.

Device(s)
    Touch Pro 2
    Carrier(s)
    Sprint Sero
    Feedback Score
    Nice post huckdogg. Clear and thorough. I know I didn't have the patience to post all that, especially since it had been explained before.

Feedback Score
    Thanks for the instuctions. Does dun usb and bluetooth modem ect. work as in ver 2? Is there a list of what changes were made in ver 5 other than V-cast music?

Device(s)
    Carrier(s)
    Verizon Wireless
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by MKLOHARRY
    Thanks for the instuctions. Does dun usb and bluetooth modem ect. work as in ver 2? Is there a list of what changes were made in ver 5 other than V-cast music?
    Yes, Bluetooth DUN still works as it did before. I am not sure about using a cable, but I'm sure it still works, too.

As for the changes, some guy just posted that V05 enables support for 2 GB miniSD cards, but I have not tested this and do not know for sure.

Device(s)
    XV6800
    Carrier(s)
    Verizon
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by huckdogg
    Yes, Bluetooth DUN still works as it did before. I am not sure about using a cable, but I'm sure it still works, too.

As for the changes, some guy just posted that V05 enables support for 2 GB miniSD cards, but I have not tested this and do not know for sure.
    I can verify that using ringers off of the MiniSD card works the same as in version 02. Menus for MOD is slow but with MOD I now have an easy way to convert my .mp3 files to 64kbps to save space on the MiniSD and you also get tags. So far it would seem album art only work on songs bought through the VCast music store. I might get a 2 GB card next pay check if I can get confirmation that it works on version 05.

Device(s)
    XV6800
    Carrier(s)
    Verizon
    Feedback Score
    Those MP3 files that come up with the info read error still do when converted to WMA for MOD.

EDIT: There is also no equalizer in the VCast Music player.
    Last edited by bxlegend; 06-09-2006 at 03:16 AM.

Carrier(s)
    AT&T
    Feedback Score
    This was very easy to do, the only problem i am having now is trying to put my games i have downloaded back to the phone, i backed all the games up and now when i try to put them back, they still don't show. So i hope i can fix this.

Device(s)
    black 16gb iPhone 3G
    Carrier(s)
    AT&T
    Feedback Score
    Wait, so when you flash the phone the games you have on the phone are no longer there? What about pictures saved to the phone, and ringers that you bought/dumped on the phone?

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 LastLast