Page 15 of 18 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 LastLast

Thread: Nokia 6265i hacking thread

Device(s)
    V65E4710, A3LSMG925W8, PDNRM-975, IHDT56PG3, QMNRM-11, L6ARCV70UW, L6ARJE180LW
    Carrier(s)
    TELUS, Bell, SpeakOut, CSL, au by KDDI
    Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by anachronism
    I've read the entire thread, I didn't post my observation because I didn't already know the work around, I thought it was interesting to see happpen and certainly it had nothing to do with trying to eliminate the Telus icons. As well, I have a Mac (and not a new one that will run Windows XP) so MobiMB won't work for me but I understand how to alter the phone.
    anachronism,

Perhaps, I have not clarified: Programs like MobiMB and Oxygen Phone Manager has capabilities to RESET the start-up / shut-down tones and carrier's logo screen (animated / static). And, when you delete the file, theme_lock.xml, the TELUS-rized start-up / shut-down tones and screens will also be eliminated.

As for the unfortunate situation with Mac user like youself, I am sorry to hear that choices are so limited. I guess, many of us in the world still ignore the Mac users when comes to apps. Try to contact a fellow member, The Mac Ace, http://www.howardforums.com/member.php?u=77270 He is quite resourceful with Mac OS and Nokia compatibility topics.

Good luck.
    Last edited by HC - NO "i"; 07-03-2006 at 11:19 AM.
    --

HC - NO "i"
    I am NOT "the" HC, we are TWO different individuals!

"If we amplify everything, we hear nothing!" - Jon Stewart, Comedian

Device(s)
    Nokia 6265i
    Carrier(s)
    Telus
    Feedback Score
    Thanks.

I'll see what I can find out.

Device(s)
    Nokia 6265i
    Feedback Score
    What version of Mobimb are you guys using? i tried 3.2 from the website and it seemed to work fine (trial), but then i tried another 3.2 (downloaded) and it work the same way on my phone. Actually it detected the phone but it had no expansion for it........it also showed nokia RM-66 (which i assume is firmware). Does anyone have any ideas?

Device(s)
    Carrier(s)
    Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by manlyputter
    What version of Mobimb are you guys using? i tried 3.2 from the website and it seemed to work fine (trial), but then i tried another 3.2 (downloaded) and it work the same way on my phone. Actually it detected the phone but it had no expansion for it........it also showed nokia RM-66 (which i assume is firmware). Does anyone have any ideas?
    The screenshots I have captured for the de-TELUS-rized Main Menu Icons / Start-up / Shut-down guide, shows the otherwise with the Full Version 3.2. You can ask LogoManager for technical support. And, as I have always suggested: it works relatively more reliable with data cables than IrDA or Bluetooth connections.

Device(s)
    Nokia 6265i
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by HC - NO "i"
    The screenshots I have captured for the de-TELUS-rized Main Menu Icons / Start-up / Shut-down guide, shows the otherwise with the Full Version 3.2. You can ask LogoManager for technical support. And, as I have always suggested: it works relatively more reliable with data cables than IrDA or Bluetooth connections.
    Thanks for the info; on the plus side i AM using a datacable and neither infrared or bluetooth to connect to MobiMB.

Carrier(s)
    Telus Mobility
    Feedback Score

Bluetooth & MobiMB

Thanks for the info; on the plus side i AM using a datacable and neither infrared or bluetooth to connect to MobiMB.

I used bluetooth (cable is still coming..) to eliminate the Telus icons with MobiMB. The bluetooth works much better than it usually does with Nokia PC Suite.

Device(s)
    Nokia 6265i
    Feedback Score
    If anyones looking for a cheap (about 12 bucks) cable in toronto pm me, i found a small chinese store that sells em and they are confirmed (by me) to work well with this phone. I'll avoid spamming so you can pm me if you need details!

Device(s)
    Carrier(s)
    Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    If anyones looking for a cheap (about 12 bucks) cable in toronto pm me, i found a small chinese store that sells em and they are confirmed (by me) to work well with this phone. I'll avoid spamming so you can pm me if you need details!
    manlyputter,

The fact is that after-market / knock-off CA-53 or DKU-2 can be easily found because many Nokia GSM models are using it. Unlike CA-42 or DKU-5 with circuits required for serial port emulation / conversion inside, CA-53 and DKU-2 is much straight-forward and simple.

I have already confirmed the DKU-2 compatibility with my first-hand experience as well as a fellow member has confirmed with his connections at Nokia about the difference between CA-53 and DKU-2: THEY ARE ELECTRICALLY THE SAME! Just CA-53 is certified for RoHS directive with no harmful material / component used. Read more at http://207.210.82.131/showthread.php?t=832865

It is a good news for you to share the source of getting the cable. Happy Hacking, everyone!
    Last edited by HC - NO "i"; 07-07-2006 at 02:23 AM.

Device(s)
    Nokia 6265i
    Feedback Score
    HC - NO "i", thats great news, then i'll post the source. His name is Arthur and he owns a little cellphone shop on brimley and sheppard, alot of the time his shop is run by an old man (sometimes an old woman is there). If you ask him for the CA-53 cable he will know exactly what you're talking about. His shop is called Phoenix wireless and it's on the main floor somewhat diagonal from the rogers store! Oh also this place is a great mall to find knockoff dvd's, there must be 10 dvd stores just in this one place!

Device(s)
    Carrier(s)
    Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    HC - NO "i", thats great news, then i'll post the source. His name is Arthur and he owns a little cellphone shop on brimley and sheppard, alot of the time his shop is run by an old man (sometimes an old woman is there). If you ask him for the CA-53 cable he will know exactly what you're talking about. His shop is called Phoenix wireless and it's on the main floor somewhat diagonal from the rogers store! Oh also this place is a great mall to find knockoff dvd's, there must be 10 dvd stores just in this one place!
    manlyputter,

I suggest fellow members to try malls / shops in Markham, Richmond Hill as well. IF they have no idea of CA-53, ask for DKU-2 may yield more results.

Device(s)
    Nexus 5
    Carrier(s)
    Telus
    Feedback Score
    Diego just freezes upon starting it up and I cant get anywhere.

someone please give me full instructions including what to do with the cable and the phone and computer and software.

I have 6265i (telus)
    DKU-2 3rd party cable from ebay and its CD with a folder of Nokia PC suite and DKU-2 drivers
    pc is xp sp2 etc etc.
    I also got the download of the latest version of Nokia PC suite (6.8 and apparently it includes the latest DKU drivers...)

I've tried uninstalling diego and everything else, then reintalling it, cracking it, rebooting, not rebooting, plugging in the cable, not plugging in cable. I dont know the exact order of what to do here. The cable/phone have never been recognized by the PC. only as an unknown device
    Last edited by Deusfaux; 07-08-2006 at 01:40 AM.

Device(s)
    Carrier(s)
    Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Deusfaux,

You MUST uninstall the Nokia DKU-2 driver that you have / attempted to install first. I recommend you to uninstall the Nokia PC Suite as well. Be careful of uninstalling the wrong version though. In the Add / Remove program, you can check the version by "Click here for more support information" if you have the Connectivity Driver listed there.

Then resinstall the Diego. The newer version like 3.08 should come with the newer version of cable drivers that is sufficient for the objectives, even though it is not necessarily the latest (6.8 or 6.11).

Device(s)
    Nexus 5
    Carrier(s)
    Telus
    Feedback Score
    sadly i already did that. in fact, i didnt try to install the standalone driver or PC suite until after the diego stuff.

ive removed them completely as far as i can see, rebooted several times inbetween these steps, and reinstalled diego (and even the latest 3.08 one)... it just stops responding on the splash screen. :S

gahh

Carrier(s)
    USCC
    Feedback Score
    I have that problem when my BT dongle is plugged in. Unplug it and I'm good to go again.
    Unlimited Everything
    2 lines
    ~$190/ month

Device(s)
    Nexus 5
    Carrier(s)
    Telus
    Feedback Score
    got a BT dongle, but havent plugged it in or installed it yet :S

Page 15 of 18 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 LastLast