Page 5 of 18 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 LastLast

Thread: Nokia 6265i hacking thread

Device(s)
    BB8800
    Carrier(s)
    Rogers
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by DeaHamlet
    Can you specify how you do that, then, since others seem to have issues with it?

Thanx.
    go to a specific contact, edit, add detail, tones.
    HOFO Feedbacks

Device(s)
    Nokia 3265i
    Carrier(s)
    Telus
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by bonjoey
    WOW.. I can't believe I overlooked that... Confirmed works like a charm. Thanks!

Device(s)
    Blackberry Tour
    Carrier(s)
    Telus
    Feedback Score
    For those of you who have and use their PDAs, you can sync all your contacts with the 6265i so that you wont have to retype all your phone numbers. You can select all your contacts and send them all at once for convenience sake.

cheers

edit: forgot to mention it works both for bluetooth and IR

Device(s)
    LG 8500
    Carrier(s)
    Telus
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by bonjoey

KISS MY %/? i can't believe i didn't see that ! I wonder why i didn't think about ringtones when i saw add details ....

Thank you so much !
    This phone is getting better.....

NEXT : let,s get those darn ID pictures BIGGER

Device(s)
    Samsung Galaxy 3 Apollo
    Carrier(s)
    Telhiss
    Feedback Score
    Question about the Bluetooth file transfers. Selecting a jpeg and going through SEND > BLUETOOTH > (picking the device whether it being another phone, pda, or PC) always results in "Bluetooth Connection failed".. Is this supposed to work? or is this the WRONG way of doing it?

Device(s)
    HTC Touch Pro 2
    Feedback Score

Exclamation hmm????

Quote Originally Posted by H0CKEY

When going to this website through my phone, and downloading the theme... it downloads & applies the theme fine... but after a few seconds, if i press anything on my phone, it reverts back to the default nokia theme...

am i doing something wrong? or has telus once again crippled something else on us.... i can't seem to get the theme to stick... and when i check my theme folder, the downloaded theme isn't listed in there... it's like it deleted it all by itself... is there a properway of doing this, or do i have to go through 3rd party software via bluetooth/usb/infrared ?????

Device(s)
    Samsung Galaxy 3 Apollo
    Carrier(s)
    Telhiss
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by mightymike84
    When going to this website through my phone, and downloading the theme... it downloads & applies the theme fine... but after a few seconds, if i press anything on my phone, it reverts back to the default nokia theme...

am i doing something wrong? or has telus once again crippled something else on us.... i can't seem to get the theme to stick... and when i check my theme folder, the downloaded theme isn't listed in there... it's like it deleted it all by itself... is there a properway of doing this, or do i have to go through 3rd party software via bluetooth/usb/infrared ?????
    Copying to phone via Bluetooth/IR will work ... I downloaded some themes and they all worked when I applied them.

Device(s)
    HTC Touch Pro 2
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by piranhaa
    Copying to phone via Bluetooth/IR will work ... I downloaded some themes and they all worked when I applied them.

one more thing... regarding bluetooth... i tried pairing my phone with another bluetooth enabled phone (razr on rogers) and they seem to pair, but nothing happens after that. i'm unaware of how to browse them or transfer files of any sort...

i've never really done bluetooth before, i'm no master, but i'm sure it doesn't take rocket science to see that even though the phones are paired, the nokia drops the connection.... hrmph!

Device(s)
    V65E4710, A3LSMG925W8, PDNRM-975, IHDT56PG3, QMNRM-11, L6ARCV70UW, L6ARJE180LW
    Carrier(s)
    TELUS, Bell, SpeakOut, CSL, au by KDDI
    Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by darketernal
    For those of you who have and use their PDAs, you can sync all your contacts with the 6265i so that you wont have to retype all your phone numbers. You can select all your contacts and send them all at once for convenience sake.

cheers

edit: forgot to mention it works both for bluetooth and IR
    darketernal,

Please read my post in page 2 of this very thread...

http://www.howardforums.com/showthre...99#post7379499
    --

HC - NO "i"
    I am NOT "the" HC, we are TWO different individuals!

"If we amplify everything, we hear nothing!" - Jon Stewart, Comedian

Device(s)
    Carrier(s)
    Feedback Score
    2 (100%)

mightymike84,

You have to swithc to one of the built-in theme (e.g. Zen, Golf, Butterfly) first, then get rid of the TELUS-rized, locked default theme BEFORE you can go further. Otherwise, missing icons or everything will revert back to default. Read the workaround for this FAQ...

http://www.howardforums.com/showthre...31#post7385331

Device(s)
    Carrier(s)
    Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    one more thing... regarding bluetooth... i tried pairing my phone with another bluetooth enabled phone (razr on rogers) and they seem to pair, but nothing happens after that. i'm unaware of how to browse them or transfer files of any sort...

i've never really done bluetooth before, i'm no master, but i'm sure it doesn't take rocket science to see that even though the phones are paired, the nokia drops the connection.... hrmph!
    mightymike84,

You have to select the files you want to send via Bluetooth first, then use it to send from one device over to another device. What is so trivial? I have not found any problem unless one of the device is set to not "discoverable".

Device(s)
    Nokia 6265i
    Carrier(s)
    Telus
    Feedback Score
    Cool I got my phone looking a little bit like OS X using a theme.

Device(s)
    Smartphone
    Carrier(s)
    Patience is a Virtue
    Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Ok Folks I m new to this phone hacking stuff...is anyone here fromn Calgary that can help me please and thank you
    Osu

Device(s)
    Samsung u600
    Carrier(s)
    Rogers Canada
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by piranhaa
    Question about the Bluetooth file transfers. Selecting a jpeg and going through SEND > BLUETOOTH > (picking the device whether it being another phone, pda, or PC) always results in "Bluetooth Connection failed".. Is this supposed to work? or is this the WRONG way of doing it?
    the other phone may not be accepting the transfer request in time,
    I have had no problem sending jpg files TO the nokia phone but I have not tried sending from it..
    just make sure the phone you are sending to is getting the request, and make sure you hit accept.

Device(s)
    Samsung u600
    Carrier(s)
    Rogers Canada
    Feedback Score

I know someone already answered, but to be more clear.. to transfer files you do not need to pair the phones, pairing is only really for accesories like BT headset/gps etc..
    Make sure BT is turned on for both phones, set the phone that is recieving to "discoverable" or also the option may say "set device to be seen by other devices" and then go to your file explorer on the sending phone, select the file to transfer and from there in the options it should say "send" or similar.. click send via BT and on the recieving phone you most likely will get a msg like "Do you want to accept data from "sending phone"? and click yes...

Page 5 of 18 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 LastLast