Page 7 of 18 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 LastLast

Thread: Nokia 6265i hacking thread

Device(s)
    BB TOUR 9630
    Carrier(s)
    telus since aug. 98 (clearnet)
    Feedback Score
    Hi HC - NO "i",
    Can you tell me if there is anything ( hack or otherwise ) that can be done to address the low earpiece volume issue? Thanks for your help.
    Sly

Device(s)
    Samsung u600
    Carrier(s)
    Rogers Canada
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by whothis
    Hi HC-NO-i do you know if it is possible to fix the caller id pic size on the 6265i?
    yah, I have a Qtek 9100 GSM phone on rogers network (just in case you want to look it up) and it has a huge screen, but for some reason the caller ID pics are TINY.. pretty much the same as this nokia phone but my screen is about twice the size.. what a waste of space.

Device(s)
    Smartphone
    Carrier(s)
    Patience is a Virtue
    Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Ok quick question for the canadians. Where are you guys getting your ca 53 data cables from and how much, I am in Calgary I need to pick one up. Thanks
    Osu

Device(s)
    Samsung Galaxy 3 Apollo
    Carrier(s)
    Telhiss
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by whothis
    Ok quick question for the canadians. Where are you guys getting your ca 53 data cables from and how much, I am in Calgary I need to pick one up. Thanks
    Ebay =) ... look up the DKU 2 cable and you'll find it

Device(s)
    Smartphone
    Carrier(s)
    Patience is a Virtue
    Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by piranhaa
    Ebay =) ... look up the DKU 2 cable and you'll find it
    hmm i never use ebay cos I have had too many friends tell me horror stories but thanks for the suggestion.

Device(s)
    LG 8500
    Carrier(s)
    Telus
    Feedback Score
    Whothis, i can understand that you might not want to shop at ebay but if you make sure that you buy from a good seller there wojn,t be any problems.

I can suggest you a good canadian dealer on ebay. Check his store out :
    http://search.stores.ebay.ca/F5-Wire...aQ2d53QQsofpZ0

That's where i bought my ca-53 cable and he ordered about 50 of them knowing that the 6265 was coming out. I got mine within 3 days and if you live in ontario it will take 1 day. Canada post is one of the best mail systems in the world so you won,t have any problems at all.

Give it a try

Device(s)
    Apple iPhone 4S 32GB White
    Carrier(s)
    Fido
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Presidan
    Whothis, i can understand that you might not want to shop at ebay but if you make sure that you buy from a good seller there wojn,t be any problems.

I can suggest you a good canadian dealer on ebay. Check his store out :
    http://search.stores.ebay.ca/F5-Wire...aQ2d53QQsofpZ0

That's where i bought my ca-53 cable and he ordered about 50 of them knowing that the 6265 was coming out. I got mine within 3 days and if you live in ontario it will take 1 day. Canada post is one of the best mail systems in the world so you won,t have any problems at all.

Give it a try
    LOL i just ordered from him last night... since he was located in Canada lol

How does your cable work?

Device(s)
    Smartphone
    Carrier(s)
    Patience is a Virtue
    Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Ok I will take the plunge and order one today..thanks for all your feed back

Device(s)
    LG 8500
    Carrier(s)
    Telus
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by keitaro2k1
    LOL i just ordered from him last night... since he was located in Canada lol

How does your cable work?

It works top notch, i told him about the 6265 release and he ordered lots of ca-53 cable so go ahead he is reliable. On top of that he knows about this forum too.

Nokia should definitely let the cable charge the phone as well though...right now it doesn't but other than that i have used the cable to connect to Mobimb, Nokia PC Suite and some "other" program so like allways; ask away if you have any questions. (Installation, driver, connection etc...)
    Last edited by Presidan; 06-22-2006 at 12:33 PM.

Device(s)
    Smartphone
    Carrier(s)
    Patience is a Virtue
    Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    It works top notch, i told him about the 6265 release and he ordered lots of ca-53 cable so go ahead he is reliable. On top of that he knows about this forum too.

Nokia should definitely let the cable charge the phone as well though...right now it doesn't but other than that i have used the cable to connect to Mobimb, Nokia PC Suite and some "other" program so like allways; ask away if you have any questions. (Installation, driver, connection etc...)
    I just did and i called him and he said it should be here by friday.

Device(s)
    Nokia 6265i
    Carrier(s)
    Telus
    Feedback Score
    This might not count as anything special but since I use a Mac and nothing seems to apply to me in terms of modifying, the way I found to get MP3/ custom ringtones is just to import the audio file into iMovie, save without actual video clips and then convert it to 3gp. No need for "special" software or even a data cable. It just gets used as an incoming call video instead of a ringtone but gets the same result.

Thought it was worth passing along if its applicable for anyone else here.

Device(s)
    Apple iPhone 4S 32GB White
    Carrier(s)
    Fido
    Feedback Score

does he supply a tracking #

Device(s)
    LG 8500
    Carrier(s)
    Telus
    Feedback Score
    I didn't get one, then again i didn't ask for one but i'M sure that he can provide you one if you want but the package will probably be in your mailbox by the time you think about tracking it. it was that fast for me, i see that you are in BC, it will prolly take 4-5 days for you to get it.

Device(s)
    Samsung a540
    Carrier(s)
    Telus
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by dano2000
    Can you tell me if I can connect my phone to diego on my PC via a BT dongle or will I need a data cable for sure?
    absolutely need a cable. can't connect using BT.

Device(s)
    LG 8500
    Carrier(s)
    Telus
    Feedback Score

playlists ?

Has anyone been able to get the 6265 to read playlists ?
    I mean having a phone that doesn'ty allow you create and read playlists is anooying as hell.

So any success yet ?

Page 7 of 18 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 LastLast