Page 9 of 18 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 LastLast

Thread: Nokia 6265i hacking thread

Device(s)
    LG 8700
    Carrier(s)
    Telus
    Feedback Score
    I can't wait for my ca-53 cable to come so i can mess around with this stuff.

I'd like to get rid of the shop icon in the menu, and if possible, change the shop shortcut button to do something else, but something tells me that might be harder.

Device(s)
    Motorola v710
    Carrier(s)
    ROGERS WIRELESS
    Feedback Score
    i have installed some games on my phone, but now i cant del them from the phone or in any app.. its like they are write protected...

Device(s)
    Apple iPhone 4S 32GB White
    Carrier(s)
    Fido
    Feedback Score
    i remb this one time before i got my nokia.. i saw there was a mod or an app for the phone or a nokia phone where it converts your flash for the camera into a flashlight... does anyone know how? or know of the app to do so?

Device(s)
    BlackBerry Bold 9000
    Carrier(s)
    Telus
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by keitaro2k1
    i remb this one time before i got my nokia.. i saw there was a mod or an app for the phone or a nokia phone where it converts your flash for the camera into a flashlight... does anyone know how? or know of the app to do so?
    1.Press the camera button(or go into the camera via menu).
    2.Then press the options button and goto flash and enable it.
    3.Now press right on the d-pad(arrow pad) so that you cycle through each 4.camera features(Camera, Portirate, Night, Video).
    Once you get to video the flash will be on and it will stay on for as long as you are in that mode.
    Now you have a bright led flashlight!

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)

"Shop" Key

I know one of the biggest things has been solved already (mp3 ringotnes) but have we figured out to change the left/right soft keys to something else? i was reading through the manual.. and didn't notice anything on it..

Carrier(s)
    AT&T
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by hyoo82
    I know one of the biggest things has been solved already (mp3 ringotnes) but have we figured out to change the left/right soft keys to something else? i was reading through the manual.. and didn't notice anything on it..
    Have you looked in Menu > Settings > Display > Shortcuts? That's where the options are on my 6270. I can change left softkey, right softkey, and each of the 4 directional keys.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    I did...nothing....

Carrier(s)
    Wind
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by dcomp11
    Have you looked in Menu > Settings > Display > Shortcuts? That's where the options are on my 6270. I can change left softkey, right softkey, and each of the 4 directional keys.
    our "navigation keys" can be changed in menu > settings > phone > navigation key. I've yet to find where to change the left and right softkeys. oh, navigation keys are the 4 directional keys.

Device(s)
    Nokia 6265i
    Carrier(s)
    TELUS Mobility
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by HC - NO "i"
    Why don't you ask him yourself...

THAT PIC WAS HILLARIOUS!!!!

Device(s)
    Apple iPhone 4S 32GB White
    Carrier(s)
    Fido
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by hani831
    1.Press the camera button(or go into the camera via menu).
    2.Then press the options button and goto flash and enable it.
    3.Now press right on the d-pad(arrow pad) so that you cycle through each 4.camera features(Camera, Portirate, Night, Video).
    Once you get to video the flash will be on and it will stay on for as long as you are in that mode.
    Now you have a bright led flashlight!

wow that is it.. that is awsome!

thanks

Device(s)
    V65E4710, A3LSMG925W8, PDNRM-975, IHDT56PG3, QMNRM-11, L6ARCV70UW, L6ARJE180LW
    Carrier(s)
    TELUS, Bell, SpeakOut, CSL, au by KDDI
    Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by slyguy0
    Hi HC - NO "i",
    Can you tell me if there is anything ( hack or otherwise ) that can be done to address the low earpiece volume issue? Thanks for your help.
    Sly
    slyguy,

Regarding the relatively soft volume during calls / conversation of many Nokia handsets (not just CDMA but GSM as well), it has been a theory suggesting that it is purposely done for ettiquette reason... So people will not yell at thier Nokia when talking. Our brains will be confused by the sound coming out from the earpiece because we may not hear our own voice as normally do. So we tend to speak louder to compensate it. One of the workaround is to use "side-tone", i.e. putting certain level of sound picked up by the mouthpiece into the "conversation", so we can hear our own voice coming out from the earpiece. However, too much side-tone would become too noisy as it also picks up undesirable background noise as well.

This item is something I need to experiment with... All the earpiece / mouthpiece audio parameters are bunch of numbers!!! I need to hook up with my engineering connections at Nokia to be sure about what to try. However, since the Nokia-Sanyo-CDMA-no-go news has been tough for them, so I think it maybe never be resolved.
    Last edited by HC - NO "i"; 06-26-2006 at 10:16 PM.
    --

HC - NO "i"
    I am NOT "the" HC, we are TWO different individuals!

"If we amplify everything, we hear nothing!" - Jon Stewart, Comedian

Device(s)
    V65E4710, A3LSMG925W8, PDNRM-975, IHDT56PG3, QMNRM-11, L6ARCV70UW, L6ARJE180LW
    Carrier(s)
    TELUS, Bell, SpeakOut, CSL, au by KDDI
    Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by hyoo82
    hyoo82,

http://207.210.82.131/showthread.php...84#post7441984

Device(s)
    BB TOUR 9630
    Carrier(s)
    telus since aug. 98 (clearnet)
    Feedback Score
    HC - NO "i",
    Thank you for the response. Whether anything can be done or not, I am grateful for your efforts. I work in a busy, not too quiet environment, and to me the volume issue is a biggie. I love every other aspect of this phone (the form factor,the screen, the camera, a functional alarm, etc ) but my razr beats it hands down in the earpiece dept. Thanks again, your help is appreciated.
    Sly

Device(s)
    Motorola v710
    Carrier(s)
    ROGERS WIRELESS
    Feedback Score
    any way of making the radio play through the speaker phone instead of having a headset with you all the time..

Device(s)
    Samsung Galaxy 3 Apollo
    Carrier(s)
    Telhiss
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Kilumnati
    any way of making the radio play through the speaker phone instead of having a headset with you all the time..
    Already been posted..

http://www.howardforums.com/showpost...&postcount=115

Page 9 of 18 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 LastLast