Thread: Nokia 6265i hacking thread

Device(s)
    Apple iPhone 4S 32GB White
    Carrier(s)
    Fido
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by HC - NO "i"
    keitaro2k1,

The location-based service is done via IP and it has to be connected back and forth to a specialized server on the network side to do the calculation with the data gathered from the AGPS / AFLT components. Unfortunately, TELUS has yet to offer such access to the service. Those please read this FAQ at:

http://207.210.82.131/showthread.php...66#post2126366
    http://207.210.82.131/showthread.php...86#post1833286
    http://207.210.82.131/showthread.php...92#post2126592

Bell has it with the value-added apps like MapMe. For the wireless e911, it is getting close to be commerically available. Bell has conduct trials last summer. However, it will NOT work if you force your TELUS handset to roam on Bell because the authentication measure will prevent non-Bell subscriber to access the location-based service.

So, any hack on the handset side would not do any good.

ok but if we go to the states and roam, would it be active then? since all cellphone providers would have gps enabled on their networks because of some law or something...

also has anyone hacked the mp3 ringtone yet?

Device(s)
    V65E4710, A3LSMG925W8, PDNRM-975, IHDT56PG3, QMNRM-11, L6ARCV70UW, L6ARJE180LW
    Carrier(s)
    TELUS, Bell, SpeakOut, CSL, au by KDDI
    Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Helmsley
    You must have patience with some of the guys here! I posted 2 weeks ago that June 15th was the launch date in plain english, but I still got hundreds of emails asking me when the realse date was going to be.
    You know, we may be the dying breed! Remember, we do not post things that we do not know about or things could not be confirmed.

I have only made a few mistakes or speculations based on nothing over the years since the era of USENET. I am not mad at anyone or getting personal. What I am mad about, is nowadays many members / visitors are getting too spoiled or putting relatively much less effort to find the relevant information. Sure, it is like a neddle in the haystack often. But, what makes other resourceful people different?

P A T I E N C E , E N T H U S I A S M , E X P L O R E R - S P I R I T
    --

HC - NO "i"
    I am NOT "the" HC, we are TWO different individuals!

"If we amplify everything, we hear nothing!" - Jon Stewart, Comedian

Device(s)
    Carrier(s)
    Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by keitaro2k1
    ok but if we go to the states and roam, would it be active then? since all cellphone providers would have gps enabled on their networks because of some law or something...
    keitaro2k1,

Sorry, if I have not made you understand... Perhaps, I have not written in the way you can fully digest. This will be the same case with A N Y roam carriers because there is authentication mesaures to restrict the access many provisions including location-based service for their very own subscribers only! Therefore, if you are roaming on Verizon in the US, for example, you STILL CANNOT make use of any location-based service, even there is e911 mandate from FCC. Roaming partners have NO obligation to offer every single provision to roaming subscribers from other carriers.

also has anyone hacked the mp3 ringtone yet?
    P L E A S E go back to the previous page and R E A D in this very post...

Device(s)
    Carrier(s)
    Fido
    Feedback Score

P L E A S E go back to the previous page and R E A D in this very post...

i have read through the thread.. but it is still unclear..

because
    Quote Originally Posted by TelecomZombie
    Nokia 6265i is officially hitting the Streets in 2 to 3 weeks !
    Full BT but MP3s cannot be applied as Ringtones (yet) http://www.howardforums.com/showthread.php?t=799324

Was a Great event & 5 6265i were given away as Prizes !
    If your invited to the other parties get your @sses in so you might win a Free Nokia !

Thanks to All
    does that apply to the 6265i

OR

TelecomZombie,

I thought that it was fixed!? I expected we all have polo shirts instead of tee! Thanks Nokia anyway.

Regarding the DRM issue... You have to understand while someone is lucky to have their carriers' PRI file allowing to toggle certain items, some carriers may ask Nokia to hide those items which you will not even see it in Diego at all!
    has telus locked it out of digeo?

Device(s)
    Carrier(s)
    Feedback Score
    2 (100%)

Lightbulb FAQ2: How to make the TELUS-rized Main Menu Icons go away?

{By the request of the author, this guide has been revised to address the missing icon issue some may experience}

Now instead of dragging on with things that have been "SOLVED", I move on with something more intriguing...

*ISSUE: I am fine with the TELUS wake up jingle / animation or even the "SHOP hard-key" (well, it is supposedly a soft-key in the Nokia realm). However, I personally think that the TELUS-rized Main Menu Icons are plain ugly! So what to do with it? Change the Theme, you may suggest. But look what happens...

Well, the TELUS-rized Main Menu Icons STAY! Now what?

*SOLUTION: Try MobiMB! (Please S E A R C H or Google about this 3rd party program that have been around in the world of Nokia for long time. IF you find it useful and like it, upgrade to the full version like I have purchased.) It is also better to get a Data Cable CA-53 or at least DKU-2 from Nokia. Using IR or Bluetooth connection with the current version of MobiMB is possible but I prefer to use the wired connection, so YMMV.

1. Hook up the 6265i to the computer and launch MobiMB and look into the folder, Gallery / Themeactive...

The folder, locked_theme_elem contains all those TELUS-rized menu icons - NOT just Main Menu icons. But, DO NOT simply delete them because it will cause some new issues like missing icons in certain menus if you do.

The file, theme_lock.xml may contain the instruction to override the specific theme menu icons with the Default theme, i.e. TELUS-rized theme.

The file, themes.ini contain the configuration of the current active theme, i.e wallpapers, ringtones, etc.

2. Remember, BACK UP the files and files in the folders... ONE FILE AT A TIME! MobiMB may not response correctly if you just copy the whole folder or select all then drag the whole bunch at the same time. So copy the files in the "locked_theme_elem" folder and files "theme_lock.xml" , "themes.ini" to the computer FIRST!. So if anything goes wrong, you can restore it to the original condition.

3. In the 6265i, you MUST FIRST Change AND Apply ANY OTHER THEME THAN the TELUS-rized "Default" ONE.

I have found that we CANNOT leave the TELUS-rized "default" theme active and simply changing wallpapers, screen savers, etc. as opposed to apply other themes. If you do that AND continue with the following steps, upon every reboot / power cycle, your selections will be gone like you have never set them!

If you really like the authentic, original Nokia "Basic" default theme, I suggest you to get the Nokia Series 40 3rd Edition basic theme in the 240x320 screen size first (Extract it from a 6270 or Check with places like asking the resident guru at Mobile9.com, for example). Read more about it at please read... http://www.howardforums.com/showthre...22#post7514322

4. Now, you should see the wallpaper and screensaver (or other pre-defined items like ringtones) have changed according to the theme you have chosen... except the TELUS-rized Main Menu icons Do not worry, we are half way to de-TELUS-rized it.

5. Cycle the power (i.e. REBOOT, turning off and on) the 6265i.

6. In MobiMB, JUST delete ONE file, "theme_lock.xml" ONLY. By this time, some of the icons may be missing but it is normal so far.

7. Cycle the power (i.e. REBOOT, turning off and on) the 6265i. *A bonus... There will be no more TELUS-rized power-on / shut-down animation / jingle too!

8. Upon reboot, go the Main Menu and verify the icons...

TaDa! No more TELUS-rized Main Menu Icon!

9. Now compare the BEFORE and AFTER...

*NOTE: If you decide to switch it back to the Default theme, please keep that in mind it is TELUS-rized theme! The TELUS-rized Main Menu icons will come back! However, the TELUS-rized icons will not stay if you switch to other themes from now on... just a little annoying to set all the display, profile and theme configurations though.

If anything goes wrong in the worst case scenario, you can restore everything original with the back up items done earlier.

Enjoy!
    Last edited by Moderator HF 25; 07-15-2007 at 02:44 PM.

Device(s)
    Carrier(s)
    Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by keitaro2k1
    i have read through the thread.. but it is still unclear..

because
    - You may have not read what TelecomZombie has posted! Have you actually click on the link he posted?

- At the time I posted my response because the PRI file I have played with is different from the final release from TELUS. The prototypes / beta version PRI still has the item to allow the toggle the ringtones DRM / Copyright restriction. Remember, I do not post things I have not confirmed with. Now, as I have tried with the release version from TELUS, and I can tell you that it works.

So do not give up easily! It is relatively more difficult but it is not totally impossible. Also, I do not want to make it so high-profile because HoFo is indeed popular - even to those in the industry from carriers to manufacturers. I do not want to see TELUS or Nokia will make our "Future LESS Friendly"!

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    So this thread (http://www.howardforums.com/showthread.php?t=799324)
    actually works on the 6265i? i read through the thread.. and it was for people with the 6256i/6263i..(altho they needed a newer version of diego(3.06 i believe)

Device(s)
    Carrier(s)
    Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by hyoo82
    So this thread (http://www.howardforums.com/showthread.php?t=799324)
    actually works on the 6265i? i read through the thread.. and it was for people with the 6256i/6263i..(altho they needed a newer version of diego(3.06 i believe)
    Y E S !

Device(s)
    Carrier(s)
    Fido
    Feedback Score
    - You may have not read what TelecomZombie has posted! Have you actually click on the link he posted?

- At the time I posted my response because the PRI file I have played with is different from the final release from TELUS. The prototypes / beta version PRI still has the item to allow the toggle the ringtones DRM / Copyright restriction. Remember, I do not post things I have not confirmed with. Now, as I have tried with the release version from TELUS, and I can tell you that it works.

So do not give up easily! It is relatively more difficult but it is not totally impossible. Also, I do not want to make it so high-profile because HoFo is indeed popular - even to those in the industry from carriers to manufacturers. I do not want to see TELUS or Nokia will make our "Future LESS Friendly"!

thanks for clearing it up, sorry for all the trouble i have caused you lol.. i will no go and get myself an data cable [NOT TO CHANGE FEATURES ]

Device(s)
    Motorola I880
    Carrier(s)
    City Telus.
    Feedback Score
    Here's a way.

Quote Originally Posted by fatredcircle
    sooo, anyone figure out how to take off the camera shutter sound yet?
    John. H.

I do not fear the white van!

TelusMobility@nym.hush.com

Device(s)
    8703e
    Feedback Score

Enjoy!
    You are the man! Good job!

Device(s)
    HTC P4000
    Carrier(s)
    Telus
    Feedback Score
    if we only we had this kind of support for the a950. Good job on the breakthroughs in this thread guys!

Device(s)
    IR GS BL00D Phone X N0 B.efore C.hrist E.ntity.. |nfinite HELLUS™ TnT $pawn + Ted§ Hell Hound TˇTher
    Carrier(s)
    M¤ther Nature !... @SS2MOUTH Death 0f SELFie -> HardWare Opiates
    Feedback Score
    12 (100%)

Good Work !
    Now the screen does not seem so BLAH !

Helmsley !

Device(s)
    Samsung a540
    Carrier(s)
    Telus
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Helmsley
    Here's a way.

following those instructions, i don't have the camera sounds option.and for the life of me i tried every possible way unless i'm just that much of a retard haha.

what am i doing wrong?
    1. camera mode (specifically pictures)
    2. wait for standby
    3. hit continue to bring it out of standby
    4. hit options
    5. settings.
    6. I don't get camera sounds option..
    I only get . image quality/size. video clip quality/length, default title. image and video storage / default mode arf>?
    Last edited by fatredcircle; 06-17-2006 at 04:56 PM.

Device(s)
    Carrier(s)
    Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by fatredcircle
    following those instructions, i don't have the camera sounds option.and for the life of me i tried every possible way unless i'm just that much of a retard haha.
    fatredcircle,

No, you are not retard at all. But you are better to familiarize with the riddles and cryptic clues Helmsley has been giving out since the dawn of HoFo

http://www.howardforums.com/showthread.php?t=799324 Same set up you will need but there is a PRI item for the Camera Sound.
    Last edited by HC - NO "i"; 06-17-2006 at 04:49 PM.

Page 3 of 18 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 ... LastLast