Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5

Thread: M600i Bug List

Feedback Score
    maybe this has been said before I dont know, didnt have time to look through the pages but when you go to a manual network seach and search for a network if you do this two times it will restart the phone. doesnt matter if the 2cd try is 1wk later it will still reset it.

Phones
    Nokia N95-4
    Sony-Ericsson K700i
    Nokia 6236i
    Carriers
    T-Mobile
    Feedback Score
    I'm running the latest firmware available from SEUS, but I have a couple of bugs:
    1) When connected via USB, if I try to transfer large files (like MP3's), they'll often silently fail to complete the transfer. The transfer progress window just closes (without ever going to 100%), and I'm left with an incomplete file on my phone (or memory stick). Waiting longer doesn't help, and the file can't be deleted until I disconnect the cable. I have to do file transfers via Bluetooth to be successful; I'm hoping to find an m2 reader sometime for my computer to make things work better...
    2) If the mail application can't reach gmail for whatever reason (T-Mo's internet connectivity is down, gmail is down, whatever), it assumes that my POP mailbox is empty and proceeds to delete all messages from my phone
    3) Scheduling POP mail downloads is flaky. If I say to download from 8am to 1am, it won't work (i.e.-no automatic download happens). Apparently crossing midnight is a no-no, because scheduling from 8am to 11:59pm works.

Other than that, I'm happy
    -Corwyn

Phones
    SE M600i
    Cingular 8125
    Benq P50
    Carriers
    TIM Brazil,
    Feedback Score

Having sync problems too

Hi, I have a m600i and love the phone but am having sync problems! Has anyone had the following issues and resolved it? Let me know, thanks!

I have the latest version of the PC Suite (1.2.15) and the the latest firmware

Phone CXC162037 R9EC001
    Bluetooth CXC162058 R3A01
    Organizer CXC162071 R5B02
    CDA CDA162011/2 R5B02

I'm doing a sync direct with my outlook 2003 via usb, no sync with servers. If I do a hard reset on the phone, I can do a full sync to the end. Every time, toward the end of the calendar sync I get a "Sync Controller Module" error. The sync will run to the end without issues when the error is ignored. When I check the sync log there are no errors or filtered out appointments.

I am syncing about 2000 contacts and 4000 appointments (I limit it to 1000 days before and after).

When I try to sync again, it fails most of the time - after a few minutes, I get the error "no connection to the mobile phone". If I reboot the laptop and the phone (turn off and back on), eventually I can get it to sync again.

The pc client sw is buggy. If I start up the sync manager and leave it running and no synchronization is running, eventually, the Sync Controller Module will crash on it's own!

Any ideas?

-J

Phones
    SE M600i
    Cingular 8125
    Benq P50
    Carriers
    TIM Brazil,
    Feedback Score
    For those of you (like me) that placed a high priority on being able to sync all of your data automatically - I suggest you hold off on buying until SE has these issues nailed down.

I'm a little disappointed - I thought SE phones were supposed to be spot on, but I feel like a beta tester with this phone - wasn't this James Bond's phone in the movie?

For now, my work around (daily / few times/week) is to restore a backup taken after hard reset (so I don't lose GPRS settings, etc), then run a full sync replacing phone items. It's a one way sync, but the best I can get to work for now....

-J
    Last edited by juan9569; 02-19-2007 at 10:53 AM.

Phones
    SE M600i
    Ericsson T39m
    SE P910i
    Carrier
    T-Mobile (UK)
    Feedback Score
    I think the PC Suite software is abysmal... I have installed the Update software (current version) yet the PC suite insists it isn't installed. It runs fine from double clicking the icon.
    Same for the Disc2Phone.

One one of my machines the update software fails to run at all, instead it throws up an error message 'check you have the latest version of the software, and retry' and refuses to do anything. It works fine on my laptop (except that I have a Hong Kong version of the phone and can't update to R9Exxx.

Overall, I love the phone, but would be better with the latest (UK) Generic firmware installed.

Daniel.

Phones
    Nokia N95-4
    Sony-Ericsson K700i
    Nokia 6236i
    Carriers
    T-Mobile
    Feedback Score
    Yeah, PC Suite is terrible, as it can't figure out how to properly sync with Outlook (I have a couple of different versions I've tried, with the same results). And if you have a caller picture, then Outlook will duplicate the entry at least once. It's also fun that Outlook won't recognize a work or home mobile phone, but if you sync from Outlook to the phone, any mobile phone gets synced on the M600 as a work mobile, so if you sync back the other way, the phone number will disappear entirely from Outlook.

The issues aren't resolved with Activesync (Roadsync), either, which I think works even less well. I have contact syncing turned off on both. I edit my contacts in the phone, and push out to Outlook manually using an Advanced Sync in PC Suite, which seems like the most functional option.

Phones
    SonyEricsson M600i
    Nokia N73
    Motorola V3
    Carriers
    Hutch
    Idea
    Feedback Score
    hi i cannot seem to use the REJECT with SMS feature even thou i have enabled it can neone help...thx

p.s
    im using firmware organizer - R5A12

Phones
    Sony Ericsson TM506
    Nokia 6030b
    Carrier
    T-Mobile
    Feedback Score
    biggest/only bug I have is the alarm goes off randomly and the logo remains next to the time always even with all alarms off. it goes off for about a half hour after it is set randomly.

Feedback Score
    I have bought a new Sony Ericsson M600i.I received some MP3 songs from a friend through bluetooth.Those songs got saved in inbox from where i moved them to a separate folder.But now i'm unable to select those songs as my ringtones.How can this be done?

Feedback Score
    that is a wide range of cell phone resources. I will tell my friend about this site, because he sells cellphones, he might be interested to have new suppliers.
    Kevin Jonathan,
    Samsung LN52A650

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5