Page 97 of 162 FirstFirst ... 47 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 147 ... LastLast
Results 1,441 to 1,455 of 2426

Thread: amp'd Mobile Motorola E816 Hollywood on VZW?

  1. #1441
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Posts
    918
    Device(s)
    HTC Raphael / HTC Victor
    Carrier(s)
    Sprint
    Feedback Score
    0
    For some weird reason, my Opera Mini and GoogleMaps won't save prior information on them.

    Is there some sort of file that I'm missing when I the app packs in the appdb folder in the phone?

  2. #1442
    Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Location
    Philly
    Posts
    6,479
    Device(s)
    Moto X,RAZR M,D4,Bionic, D3, DX,D2G, Pro, Xoom
    Carrier(s)
    Verizon
    Feedback Score
    0
    http://rapidshare.com/files/3575596/...Games.rar.html

    Here's a link to the app pack I made before that I stripped out all the database files from.
    Try this one and see if it doesn't create .db files for any apps that need them after you run them initially.

    Others have used this pack and reported no problems.
    kbman

    Droid RAZR M/HD MSM8960 does HSPA+ on US GSM carriers!

    If we knew what we were doing, they wouldn't call it research. - Albert Einstein

    Read more, post less.

  3. #1443
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Posts
    918
    Device(s)
    HTC Raphael / HTC Victor
    Carrier(s)
    Sprint
    Feedback Score
    0
    I tried out that app pack that you linked me to. I checked the brew/appdb directory for the .db files for opera mini and google maps, but to no avail, it didn't make the database files. Am I missing some sort of file in the filesystem?

  4. #1444
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Location
    North of Boston
    Posts
    385
    Device(s)
    MOTOKRZR K1M
    Carrier(s)
    Verizon Wireless
    Feedback Score
    0
    Has anyone else noticed that "My Phone" at vzw.com shows an actual pictrue of an E816 now?

  5. #1445
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Location
    United States
    Posts
    132
    Device(s)
    BlackBerry Curve 8330
    Carrier(s)
    Verizon Wireless
    Feedback Score
    0
    Folks, just a heads up, but there's a new f/w for the E816 out now.

    http://www.howardforums.com/showthread.php?p=8272761

    I got this via Motorola Software Update, so it's definitely legit

    Have fun!
    BlackBerry Curve 8330

  6. #1446
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Posts
    918
    Device(s)
    HTC Raphael / HTC Victor
    Carrier(s)
    Sprint
    Feedback Score
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by evade
    Has anyone else noticed that "My Phone" at vzw.com shows an actual pictrue of an E816 now?
    Yeah it does... how strange.

  7. #1447
    Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Location
    The 941
    Posts
    3,457
    Device(s)
    Palm Pre
    Carrier(s)
    Sprint
    Feedback Score
    0
    I also noticed K1m is listed for Alltel...

  8. #1448
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Location
    United States
    Posts
    132
    Device(s)
    BlackBerry Curve 8330
    Carrier(s)
    Verizon Wireless
    Feedback Score
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by jlbrightbill
    I also noticed K1m is listed for Alltel...
    Apparently, though, somebody tried flashing the VZW K1m with the Alltel K1m firmware and kinda hosed their phone. There is some speculation that this is due to the VZW UI, though. Apparently, from what I understand, past Motos with the VZW UI have basically had the UI running on top of the Moto UI, but the KRZR is all VZW, no Moto UI underlying. I can't verify these possibilities, as I don't have that phone.

    But as we know, the e816 has the Moto UI. So does the Bell e815. I'm thinking it might be possible to flash BACK from Bell to Amp'd without any trouble. But I don't want to take the chance quite yet, at the risk of hosing another phone. Granted, if the flash takes one way, it should take the reverse. But we'll see. I'm sure there's a brave guinea pig out there.

  9. #1449
    Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Location
    The 941
    Posts
    3,457
    Device(s)
    Palm Pre
    Carrier(s)
    Sprint
    Feedback Score
    0
    Eventually this needs to be tested on a VZW E815. First however I'd prefer for Hachu to take a look at the bootloader and see if it's likely to hose it just like the Bell will.

  10. #1450
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Location
    United States
    Posts
    132
    Device(s)
    BlackBerry Curve 8330
    Carrier(s)
    Verizon Wireless
    Feedback Score
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by jlbrightbill
    Eventually this needs to be tested on a VZW E815. First however I'd prefer for Hachu to take a look at the bootloader and see if it's likely to hose it just like the Bell will.
    Well, if I hadn't stupidly hosed my VZW e815 with that V3c monster file, I'd be more than happy to try it. BUT, given that people have used the PR monster file to revive their e815s that they bricked with the Bell flash, it's a fair guess that somebody could try this firmware on a VZW e815 and should it fail, the PR MF may solve the problem.

  11. #1451
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Location
    United States
    Posts
    132
    Device(s)
    BlackBerry Curve 8330
    Carrier(s)
    Verizon Wireless
    Feedback Score
    0
    Well, good news for everybody...

    The new firmware will indeed take on a Bell flashed phone. I just flashed the Belled phone with the 2.5.0R f/w and it worked like a charm. Funny thing is, though, it didn't overwrite the mma_ucp file, so I still have the Bell menu. And that includes being able to customize all the softkeys. Funny thing is, selecting the Games & Apps option takes me to the "back menu" of the Amp'd BREW system (the stuff the Amp'd Live accesses but you don't see). Highly amusing.

    That said, this is some good news, I hope. Because ultimately, if I could flash FROM Bell to Amp'd without a single problem, that means you should be able to flash back to Bell, as well. If this flash will work on a VZW e815, then it only makes sense that one could then flash to Bell.

    Although I do have a very strong suspicion that the Amp'd flash probably won't take on the VZW. It seems sooo easy to finally getting the Bell f/w on the VZW that I can't help but feel something isn't going to mesh.

    We really need a brave soul to flash their VZW e815 with this Amp'd flash. It may hold the key. And if it doesn't... well, there's always the strong chance the PR monster file will revive the phone.

  12. #1452
    Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Location
    Philly
    Posts
    6,479
    Device(s)
    Moto X,RAZR M,D4,Bionic, D3, DX,D2G, Pro, Xoom
    Carrier(s)
    Verizon
    Feedback Score
    0
    Facinating! Happy Thanksgiving everyone!

  13. #1453
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Posts
    1,765
    Device(s)
    NAPOLEON Q9n S/W NAP_AP_01.31.00R
    Carrier(s)
    Verizon
    Feedback Score
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by quentincollins
    Well, good news for everybody...

    The new firmware will indeed take on a Bell flashed phone. I just flashed the Belled phone with the 2.5.0R f/w and it worked like a charm. Funny thing is, though, it didn't overwrite the mma_ucp file, so I still have the Bell menu. And that includes being able to customize all the softkeys. Funny thing is, selecting the Games & Apps option takes me to the "back menu" of the Amp'd BREW system (the stuff the Amp'd Live accesses but you don't see). Highly amusing.

    That said, this is some good news, I hope. Because ultimately, if I could flash FROM Bell to Amp'd without a single problem, that means you should be able to flash back to Bell, as well. If this flash will work on a VZW e815, then it only makes sense that one could then flash to Bell.

    Although I do have a very strong suspicion that the Amp'd flash probably won't take on the VZW. It seems sooo easy to finally getting the Bell f/w on the VZW that I can't help but feel something isn't going to mesh.

    We really need a brave soul to flash their VZW e815 with this Amp'd flash. It may hold the key. And if it doesn't... well, there's always the strong chance the PR monster file will revive the phone.

    So your saying you took the Ampd E816 firmware that someone else posted downloaded through MSU and you successfuly flashed your Bell E815 with it or your Ampd E816 that was flashed to Bell? And it worked fine without a problem.
    Of Those Who Say Nothing Few Are Silent


  14. #1454
    Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Location
    The 941
    Posts
    3,457
    Device(s)
    Palm Pre
    Carrier(s)
    Sprint
    Feedback Score
    0
    AMP'd E816 that was flashed to Bell.

  15. #1455
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Location
    United States
    Posts
    132
    Device(s)
    BlackBerry Curve 8330
    Carrier(s)
    Verizon Wireless
    Feedback Score
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by GoldMembr
    So your saying you took the Ampd E816 firmware that someone else posted downloaded through MSU and you successfuly flashed your Bell E815 with it or your Ampd E816 that was flashed to Bell? And it worked fine without a problem.
    Well, I'm the one who posted the firmware after downloading it through MSU. And it was the e816 flashed to Bell that I flashed BACK to Amp'd.

    So yes and yes, I guess.

Page 97 of 162 FirstFirst ... 47 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 147 ... LastLast

Bookmarks