Page 1 of 11 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 LastLast

Thread: V3M info to be added to http://mark.cdmaforums.com... Suggestions wanted!!

Device(s)
    Personal - Too Many.. see link in my signature
    Carrier(s)
    Personal - Verizon Wireless (CDMA) |
    Feedback Score

V3M info to be added to http://mark.cdmaforums.com... Suggestions wanted!!

Ok, well I know I said I don’t have time for this because of work, etc… But long story short... lets just say I need a diversion to take my mind off things, and this is a way that will allow for that, plus be a benefit to others…

Remember, I don’t have a V3M, and I don't plan on buying one... So unless someone wants to send me theirs or buy me one (and I doubt anyone in their right mind would do this...) info I currently have is based on MY reading the various threads, weeding thru it, and summing it up…

With that being said... here we go…

Much of the info for the Verizon V3C already on my pages applies to the Verizon V3M with very little (if any) changes...

Common between the two… (info already on my pages, but might need slight tweaks for the V3M)...
    USB Cable - Same
    File Formats supported - Same possible exception: Yamaha SMAF Formatted sounds... see below...
    Moto USB Modem driver - Same
    Seem edit process/PST/MSU/P2kSeem - Same
    VZW firmware specific Seem Edits - Same possible exception Phone ID string... see below...
    Banner seem - Same
    MPT info - slight tweak needed due to phone ID string edit and manual phone model selection info
    P2KCommander use - Same
    QPST install/setup/use - same
    Bluetooth profiles - Same except Bluetooth OBEX File Transfers (see below)
    Email trick - Same
    Outbox trick - Same as E815/V710 with slightly different menu choices
    DUN - same
    Flashing process - Same but NO SUITABLE FIRMWARE EXISTS TO FLASH WITH YET (see below..)
    Free Wap - SAME
    Custom Ringtones - SAME possible exception.. using Yamaha SMAF formatted files...
    Custom Wall papers - SAME
    Verizon UI - same

V3M specific...
    Comes with USB to 2.5mm headset adapter (for hands free head set)… I have not yet seen postings of adding an additional 2.5mm to 3.5mm stereo head phone adapter and using STEREO head phones to listen to music.

Listening to music via Bluetooth is still not supported.

Flashing with Alltel or Verizon V3C firmware disables the Transflash card, removes the Verizon music player and Vcast Music support... basically it converts the V3M hardware into a V3C device only!!

No leaked V3M flash exists.. So, flash with a V3C firmware, and you’re stuck. (Backup the flash/flex, convert to .SHX so you can flash onto another phone is STILL being worked on and perfected… BUT IT IS NOT COMPLETED YET!!)

The stock firmware does NOT support Bluetooth OBEX File Transfers... seem edits will not enable this.

For MPT, after doing the 2742/6A/bit0 seem edit, manually config MPT choosing V3MM or V3CM as your phone will give Contacts, Calendar, and MultiMedia Studio features via Bluetooth or USB Cable.

The jury is still out on using Windows Media Player to work with the phone and sync music (WMA's) to the phone… Some have had luck, but others still struggle… There are a couple of threads and posts of how some got it working… but it can not be 100% duplicated by EVERYONE yet… There is question of drivers, the Verizon Music Essential kit, etc…

Unknown by me... so it will not be added yet...
    Does BitPim work with and support the V3M natively? (i.e. tabs/buttons for Ring tones, pictures, videos, contacts, calendar?) do you have to pick V3CM or something when configuring it?

What about BitPim and file system access? can you get to /motorola/shared/audio or motorola/shared/pictures on the file system tab to read/write?

Where are pictures taken by the Phone's camera stored? is it under /motorola/shared/pictures ? or some place else?

Has anyone tried the PHONE ID String seem edit on the V3M yet? What is the default ID String in an unedited seem? Either link an un-edited 2827 seem, or post screen shot. With the V3C .04 firmware, the ID STRING Changed from just "V3C" to "V3C REV2"... so knowing the default 2827 seem on the V3M is critical to knowing what is needed...

Can someone try Yamaha SMAF Formatted files (Hit my ring tone page, grab any of the .MID files that have an * next to them... like Axel-F-Theme.mid*)

Placement of files on the Transflash card... directory structure appears the same, but ability to play back sounds when placed in the TFCARD/motorola/shared/audio folder is what I'm not sure of...

Ability to copy/move Pictures between the phone's memory and the TF card... is the menu option there? does it work?

Ability to copy/move SOUNDS between the phone's memory and the TF card... is the menu option there? is the seem edit (used on the E815/V710) needed? does it work?

I believe i read that you can set the TF card as the default storage location for the phone's camera (both pictures and videos).. is that correct??

Is there a MP3 or WMA player capable of Play lists, shuffle, etc? if so, where? any one care to give details?

Ok that is what I know so far...

Any suggestions? Tips? Tutorials any one wants to contribute?
    NOTE: If you want to write a tutorial for my pages, feel free to do so, after its been verified to be accurate, it will be posted giving the author credit...
    Verizon Wireless Customer Council Member
    Verizon PHONE Hacking Info & How To's click -> HERE, <-- If you have suggestions PM me
    Need Help? PLEASE POST IN THE FORUMS instead of PM'ing me!!
    Read -> An Open Letter to those who PM me for help!

New to forums? -> Posting and you! <-a MUST Watch for all!!

Equipment I Have/USE click here, Phone Labs Dock-N-Talk...

Device(s)
    v3m
    Carrier(s)
    verizon
    Feedback Score
    Does BitPim work with and support the V3M natively? (i.e. tabs/buttons for Ring tones, pictures, videos, contacts, calendar?) do you have to pick V3CM or something when configuring it?
    No. Detection failed, Pictures, video, contacts, calender works.
    What about BitPim and file system access? can you get to /motorola/shared/audio or motorola/shared/pictures on the file system tab to read/write?
    /motorola/shared/pictures is accessible(R/W/D, system files can be deleted here too), I didn't try audio.

Where are pictures taken by the Phone's camera stored? is it under /motorola/shared/pictures ? or some place else?
    Yes, or TF's root.

Ability to copy/move Pictures between the phone's memory and the TF card... is the menu option there? does it work?
    Yes.

I believe i read that you can set the TF card as the default storage location for the phone's camera (both pictures and videos).. is that correct??
    Pix, Flix and audio all have a seperate settings for default storage.

Is there a MP3 or WMA player capable of Play lists, shuffle, etc? if so, where? any one care to give details?
    Yes, in Get Tone->Manage Music or hit left soft key inside vcast music catalog. Album infomation and pic will be displayed on outside LCD if phone is closed.

Placement of files on the Transflash card... directory structure appears the same, but ability to play back sounds when placed in the TFCARD/motorola/shared/audio folder is what I'm not sure of...
    same directory but all empty. All saved files are in root except vcast music inside my-music folder and no hierarchy structure either.
    Last edited by yejun; 06-20-2006 at 01:35 PM.

Device(s)
    Moto Razr V3m
    Carrier(s)
    VW
    Feedback Score
    Has anyone tried the PHONE ID String seem edit on the V3M yet? What is the default ID String in an unedited seem? Either link an un-edited 2827 seem, or post screen shot. With the V3C .04 firmware, the ID STRING Changed from just "V3C" to "V3C REV2"... so knowing the default 2827 seem on the V3M is critical to knowing what is needed...
    Excellent thread! Not much time to devote right now, but can offer this (remove .ORIGINAL.txt) :
    Attached Files Attached Files
    Bluetooth . . . . . Verizon Wireless . . . . . BT on VW

Device(s)
    Moto Razr V3m
    Carrier(s)
    VW
    Feedback Score
    Oops - I just re-read your post regarding the un-edited 2827 seem and noticed that you requested 2827, NOT 2742.

So, here is Seem 2827, Record 1, 0000 Bytes (h) (remove .ORIGINAL.txt):
    Attached Files Attached Files

Device(s)
    Carrier(s)
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by eco_architect
    Oops - I just re-read your post regarding the un-edited 2827 seem and noticed that you requested 2827, NOT 2742.

So, here is Seem 2827, Record 1, 0000 Bytes (h) (remove .ORIGINAL.txt):
    Ok, that means that the Phone ID String edit is the same as the .02/.03 firmware on the V3C...

Seem 2827, Record 1, Bytes (h) 22 [or 0000 to load entire seem], Offset 0006, "check the boxes" for bits 0-2-3-6 and "uncheck the boxes" for Bits 1-4-5-7.

ADD THIS to my Popular Seem edit and MPT pages...
    Last edited by Mark_Venture; 06-21-2006 at 06:40 AM.

Device(s)
    Moto Razr V3m
    Carrier(s)
    VW
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Mark_Venture
    {snip} Seem 2827, Record 1, Bytes (h) 22 [or 0000 to load entire seem], Offset 0006, "check the boxes" for bits 0-2-3-6 and "uncheck the boxes" for Bits 1-4-5-7.
    ADD THIS to my Popular Seem edit and MPT pages...

What are you saying here? That you'd like offset 0006 edits tested per above? What result(s) do you anticipate. Sorry, willing to help, but I'm a noob at this phone stuff.

EDIT: Doh! Just reviewed the pop seem edits on your page and get it. Doesn't look hazardous, I'll give it a shot sometime today.
    Last edited by eco_architect; 06-21-2006 at 09:20 AM.

Device(s)
    Moto V3m (silver)
    Carrier(s)
    Verizon Wireless
    Feedback Score
    M_V.. you rock, dude
    joined the mob (aka vzw)

Feedback Score
    You should add in information regarding video duration. See my thread http://www.howardforums.com/showthread.php?t=939135

Device(s)
    V3m - mine
    Carrier(s)
    Verizon
    Feedback Score
    Ok, that means that the Phone ID String edit is the same as the .02/.03 firmware on the V3C...
    Yes, it is the same, however, checking the boxes, etc leaves you with V 3 m M

Which didn't seem to help me get MPT to auto recognize my phone, so I reverted back to my saved seem, and then altered the MPT Detect.inf file by copying the V3c data within the file, and replacing each instance of V3c with V3m... worked like a charm.

Maybe I missed something though, as far as changing the SEEM goes... did anyone else get it to do the trick for MPT?

Device(s)
    V3m - mine
    Carrier(s)
    Verizon
    Feedback Score
    Comes with USB to 2.5mm headset adapter (for hands free head set)… I have not yet seen postings of adding an additional 2.5mm to 3.5mm stereo head phone adapter and using STEREO head phones to listen to music.

Listening to music via Bluetooth is still not supported.
    I'm planning on picking up an adapter tomorrow from Radioshack to try it... I'll post the results. As far as the Bluetooth goes, forgive me for being a NooB, but why is that? Is that because of music industry pressure, verizon, or who? What is the rationale?

The jury is still out on using Windows Media Player to work with the phone and sync music (WMA's) to the phone… Some have had luck, but others still struggle… There are a couple of threads and posts of how some got it working… but it can not be 100% duplicated by EVERYONE yet… There is question of drivers, the Verizon Music Essential kit, etc…
    I've read the threads regarding using media player to sync the files and I think those who have struggled have bad drivers. If they follow directions posted within those threads, and have good drivers, I don't see how they can't get it to work. As a side note, if their music isn't already in .wma format, it will convert the music as it transfers it over... and if you are putting a large number of music files on the phone, this will take a VERY long time.

Another disadvantage that I experienced, was that since I stuffed my card so full, the phone had a VERY hard time loading my music. I thought perhaps it couldn't bring them into the music player because of parentheses() within some of the file names, or perhaps due to overly full id3 tags... so I fixed those things, and also shortened the file names, if they were too long.

Next, I used bitpim to delete the playlist file on the card, so my phone wouldn't freak out trying to load the songs into it's media player again. I then when to the tunes and tones menu, option 6 (manage music). Next, I chose option 3 (Albums). Within the options, you can choose "Reinitialize library database", which recreates the playlist with what is currently within the MyMusic folder on the card. It takes a long time if you have lots of songs. These steps seemed to do the trick for me though, as it pulled up all the songs without any issue after that.

Hopefully that helps someone.

/motorola/shared/audio folder... is still locked in BitPim... But I can save ring tones to the phone with MPT just fine (after the appropriate SEEM edit.) As a side note, the phone stores your voice recordings in the shared/audio folder default as well.

As a somewhat related aside, you can move .wma files off of the card to the phone using the verizon gui... but when I have done that, I've been 100% unsuccessful in locating these moved files using BitPim... Has anyone else tried to find them?

Saving music files to the shared/audio folder seems to be useless... they don't appear as ringtones, and saving to the TFCARD/mymusic folder seems to be the only place to put your music.

Can someone try Yamaha SMAF Formatted files (Hit my ring tone page, grab any of the .MID files that have an * next to them... like Axel-F-Theme.mid*)
    I just tried it. It works, as long as you leave it as a .mid extension as opposed to changing it to an .mmf extension.

The pix and flix can (as was mentioned above) have their storage location changed to the TF card, but as also mentioned, they have to be set separately.

I just now tested it, and the media player on the phone doesn't seem see any .mp3's you put in the mymusic folder, even after reinitializing the database. If anyone else has success with that, let me know. The Media Player can sort by genre, artist, album, or songs. You can create whatever playlist you want, and shuffle is also available.

As a side note, you will want to have your ID3 tags for your music cleaned up before syncing the songs over, because as far as I can tell, the verizon GUI gives you know way to rename the song, or any of it's ID3 tag info (artist, album, genre) As I mentioned before, once you are on the Tunes & Tones menu, click 6, and you will be where you want to be for any music playing, shuffling, etc.

I think that's it as far as answering questions that no one else hadn't already answered. As a seperate issue, altering the SEEMS for the stock motorola ringtones did not cause any trouble, but didn't make the ringtones appear either.

However, I did alter the SEEMS for the customer banner, getting rid of agent orange, usb file transfer, transflash move, continuous backlight, vibrate then ring, and motorola ring controls... and a few others I think. I'm not certain if I needed to do the transflash SEEM or not... but I'll play with this on the v3m I bought for my wife that is *as yet* unaltered.

I also changed the Verizon Pic, and the VCast Animations... all without a hitch. As a final note, THANKS MARK!

Device(s)
    V3m - mine
    Carrier(s)
    Verizon
    Feedback Score

Spoke Too Soon!

Quote Originally Posted by gismon
    Yes, it is the same, however, checking the boxes, etc leaves you with V 3 m M

Which didn't seem to help me get MPT to auto recognize my phone, so I reverted back to my saved seem, and then altered the MPT Detect.inf file by copying the V3c data within the file, and replacing each instance of V3c with V3m... worked like a charm.

Maybe I missed something though, as far as changing the SEEM goes... did anyone else get it to do the trick for MPT?
    I spoke too soon. After posting, MPT downloaded an official update for MPT making my current version 4.2.1a

With this, I had no need to edit Detect.inf... It recognized my phone without any issue.

Device(s)
    Carrier(s)
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by gismon
    I spoke too soon. After posting, MPT downloaded an official update for MPT making my current version 4.2.1a

With this, I had no need to edit Detect.inf... It recognized my phone without any issue.
    Yeah, I guess I'll need to put a blurb in that MPT V4.21a is needed to natively support the V3M/V3MM...

some have reported that for the phone ID string... adding a "M" vs "m" (i.e. upper vs lower case)... can make a difference... I have not seen that be the case with my E815 or V710...

I do know the V3C with .04 (from verizon or the leaked copy) does have "REV2" in the id string seem... which does cause a problem.. because MPT doesn't have a listing for V3CM REV2 in the detect.inf...

Device(s)
    Carrier(s)
    Feedback Score
    VERY GOOD INFO EVERYONE!!! THANK YOU!!!

I've put a statement that I need to add V3M info with a link to this thread at the TOP of my HOW TO's page for now.. Until I get a chance to add a dedicated V3M info page...

When the dedicated V3M page is in place... a link to this thread (so everyone can see who contributed!!) will still be included!!!

Keep the tips/info coming!!

I hope to have time this weekend to work on this and get the page/info added...

Device(s)
    Motorola V3m
    Carrier(s)
    Verizon Wireless
    Feedback Score

This may be helpful...

Thanks for all the amazing info on this great forum. Here is another excellent resource for making your phone more… you. http://www.mark-world.tv/motorola/index.html

I found the info very helpful and the entire site is available in .pdf format. Extremely detailed directions. At this time the info is more helpful to the V3c user but much of the info may also help the V3m user now or in future updates of the site.

Device(s)
    Carrier(s)
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by cellcall
    Thanks for all the amazing info on this great forum. Here is another excellent resource for making your phone more… you. http://www.mark-world.tv/motorola/index.html

I found the info very helpful and the entire site is available in .pdf format. Extremely detailed directions. At this time the info is more helpful to the V3c user but much of the info may also help the V3m user now or in future updates of the site.
    Its a very good site, but a quick look at its Introduction Page.. reveals its geared for GSM Moto V3's NOT CDMA..

Things like flash backup, motorola unlocker, Motoskin, OpEdit, P2KMenu Editor, P2kMan, P2Ktools, SHXCoDec, will NOT work on the CDMA Phones...

seem numbers are different and do different things..

Adjusting the Speaker/Mic level, wont work as the CDMA phones do not have an editable gain table like the GSM phones... (at least no one found one yet...)

the Outside lcd graphic change info has you replace the CL.GIF... that is not what its called on the CDMA Moto phones...

and on and on and on...

Page 1 of 11 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 LastLast